How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-08-2009
shake off your flesh

^ Indeed it was! Maybe it's because I have been eagerly anticipating MM's return, but the acting seemed particularly amazing tonight. Each storyline seems promising, too.

Oh, and Pete.... I adore him so much.

17-08-2009
the crying of humanity

I was so disappointed by tonight's episode! Hopefully as the season goes on it will improve. Definitely not the same Mad Men I've enjoyed for the past two years.

The future is stupid

It isn't the same Mad Men because everything is changing.

I loved it!

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 17-08-2009 at 02:43 AM.
17-08-2009
French Chic

I'm just hacked off because I've no bloody idea when I'll get to see season 3 Glad you're all mostly loving it still.

V.I.P.

I love the Brits in this episode, there's a sneak peek up next week when we see Lane's wife interact with Betty and Don. Everything ended a little too perfectly for Betty and Don though and I'm afraid this will be an even harder fall than last season for the core couple.

Also Joan looks to have gained some padding that Peggy had in season 1...maybe she's eating for the depression of her marriage?

Love Moneypenny...ha!

23-08-2009
Making a Mess

I loved the premiere as well . I'm watching episode 2 right now!

ontdmadmen @ Livejournal

24-08-2009
shake off your flesh

^

Another great episode tonight. The scene where Don lightly touched the grass with his fingertips blew me away. Subtle moments like that are what make Mad Men so incredible.

24-08-2009
The future is stupid

^I loved that too & thought it referenced a pure moment... earlier when he was talking to Peggy about the Patio campaign.

I love this show... the way they can tell a story without saying anything at all.

24-08-2009
V.I.P.

How cute was Peggy when she reached out and took a huge bite out of that guy's burger?

I love January Jones as an actress and how she plays the character of Betty, but Betty's treatment of her children, always infuriates me.

Mona looked very pretty in this episode. Loved how she referred to Jane as June. The women (especially Betty, Mona, Magaret) were all so annoyed by Roger. He looked so uncomfortable when they ignored him/put him in his place.

Last edited by stateofbliss; 24-08-2009 at 08:48 AM.
24-08-2009
V.I.P.

Roger's daughter's wedding date is the day after the Kennedy assassination. Uh-oh...

Also Joan is now Mrs. Harris, guess she got married.

Betty smoking and drinking...mmmhmmmm...it's nice to see she left the 50's behind though, her looks is more glam.

Also love Embeth Daviditz as Mrs. Pryce!

24-08-2009
French Chic

Wow.....Embeth Davidtz and Jared Harris are in this series.......and the waiting begins.

shake off your flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
I love this show... the way they can tell a story without saying anything at all.
Exactly.

24-08-2009
the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
Roger's daughter's wedding date is the day after the Kennedy assassination. Uh-oh...
This was my exact thought during that scene! The assassination will no doubt be the focus of at least one episode, maybe more. Very interesting indeed.

Meg
inspired contemplation

I missed the grass shot because the version I was watching cut out five minutes before the end

Still - I LOVED this episode, and I felt the pace was a lot better than last weeks. Peggy I just LOVE her character, I love how Elizabeth Moss plays her. We are seeing her side right now, and I know at some point this season, we will see Joan, on the other side, being just the 'pretty' girl. But right now, seeing Peggy so desperately want to be a part of that, flirting with being that type of girl while knowing how truly fake and insipid it is - it's definitely a very accurate view of that struggle that I think a lot of girls/women go through.

I also love that Roger is finally seeing the fall-out of his actions this week and you can see it's going to get worse. Did anyone see the preview of next week - the crazy hat that Jane wears? It's funny that she's all uptown now considering she was just a secretary before....

And yes, January Jones has totally come into her own as an actress. I agree her treatment of her children is quite hard to take - especially her daughter. And yet it's done in such a way that we can literally see Betty's issues from her childhood being projected on her own children. Her desire for her daughter to be beautiful, to be wanted, to be attractive by societies measures. I nearly died laughing last week at the "little lesbian" comment.

I also thought Mona looked very pretty this episode. I don't remember thinking much of her before, but I thought she definitely had that 'pure' look that Don was talking about. She looked great

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mad, men