How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2009
V.I.P.

Don has become such a d*ck! The way he treats both Betty and Peggy is ridiculous...and now maybe starting up with that unstable teacher. Oh no! I hope Betty sleeps with that political adviser. The way Don tore Peggy down in that last ep was heartbreaking...not surprised she was insecure enough to sleep with Duck.

05-10-2009
tfs star

I'm anxious to see what's going to happen to Betty, she's clearly suffering from depression and she wants more than the suburban life she has. When they were in Rome you could see how free and happy she was and that she was away from the restraints of family life. In fact, Betty reminded me of the Kate Winslet character in Revolutionary Road. And that's making me think it's not going to end well for Betty.

05-10-2009
V.I.P.

Betty in Rome was amazing, but I agree, she is on the verge of a breakdown in her suburban hell. But really, who can blame her? Seeing what was possible in Rome would make anyone depressed once they get back to their white picket fence of horrors.

05-10-2009
Making a Mess

Loved Betty and Don in Rome. Especially her look at dinner.

But I don't see things ending well for her either. She is clearly sinking into a deep depression.

V.I.P.

LUXX hush you!! I dont want Betty to get involved with Mr. Francis (?), eek! The bit with them in the last episode made my stomach turn as it is, it should end there, but they do have insane chemistry which is weird because he is so unattractive to me, but does have that x-factor,lol.

She looked so amazing in Rome, and yeah reality back home is always going to be way worse.

Joan looked so amazing, i want more of her.

06-10-2009
V.I.P.

^They have good chemistry but I agree, she could do better. She's still young and hot compared to all the other housewives she mixes with. And while in Italy she proved that she's also a lot trendier than Don who is still stuck in his 50's fashions.

08-10-2009
cape cod kwassa kwassa!

I really wanna watch episode 8 but there is no English subtitle out yet. I find it hard to understand the speaking English in Mad Men without the subtitles *non-native speaker here*

08-10-2009
V.I.P.

^Well the funny thing is that some of the episode comes in subtitles with Betty speaking Italian. LOL

12-10-2009
the crying of humanity

This show is starting to feel more and more like a well-produced soap opera, which is a shame since it has so much potential. It just seems like the episodes are becoming more predictable with each passing week.

Last edited by seanutbutter; 12-10-2009 at 09:02 AM.
12-10-2009
cape cod kwassa kwassa!

^ I agree The mood of the episodes of Season 3 so far is quite different, somewhat commercial(?) than the previous seasons. It is lacking the artistic approach and hidden symbolism such as in the previous seasons

12-10-2009
V.I.P.

I feel like this season has more action, which was bound to happen. I mean we were going to lose characters eventually and the leads were going to start going off the rails as well.

14-10-2009
V.I.P.

^ Yes, and i think so far its been done well, i mean sure in the last episode there were "soapy" moments, i agree!

But i totally disagree that "artistic approach & hidden symbolism" is lacking this season, there were several stunning scenes that i loved so far.

What surprised me this season is just how much i started disliking Don now, he has been a major a** from the start, but i still liked him, now he just seems to be falling apart! What a shame Sal got fired, and he called him "you people", ugh! In some way Don is almost as immature, and childlish as Betty can be, if not more. This was a nuts episode, I still need to digest it.

14-10-2009
tfs star

I just finished watching and I can't believe that Sal got fired. I was convinced Don would be the one person in Sal's corner, seeing as Don has his own secrets. But he showed what an *** he can be sometimes.

Last edited by aycotqone; 14-10-2009 at 03:58 PM.
18-10-2009
i'm almost ready..

Poor Sal....I felt so sorry for him... what saddens me the most is that that was a common occurrence in workplaces at the time, and sadly probably still is in a lot of places. how he managed to bite his tongue and walk out of that office knowing he really had done nothing wrong is beyond me. I wouldn't have been able to control myself, i don't think......but i suppose that was very much the way it was done at that stage..

I hate myself for this but i really quite like that teacher of Sally's in some way.. of all the women Don has been interested so far, i see the most in her.. i suppose i like the fact that she isn't afraid to tell him what she thinks. but poor Betty....as childish and passive aggressive as she is, I can't help but feel heartbroken every time Don searches outside of his marriage for love and companionship.....she is hardly capable of it but she seems to be so desperate to be the one to give it to him.. they're both so clueless sometimes, it's frightening...

Oh it's silly how real these TV people become...

19-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorefaith View Post
I hate myself for this but i really quite like that teacher of Sally's in some way.. of all the women Don has been interested so far, i see the most in her.. i suppose i like the fact that she isn't afraid to tell him what she thinks. but poor Betty....as childish and passive aggressive as she is, I can't help but feel heartbroken every time Don searches outside of his marriage for love and companionship.....she is hardly capable of it but she seems to be so desperate to be the one to give it to him.. they're both so clueless sometimes, it's frightening...

Oh it's silly how real these TV people become...
I like the fact that she is very upfront with him as well, and she is certainly no bimbo. BUT i just dont trust this chick, there is something fishy about her, i swear i see Alex Forrest in the making there! Don might just get more than he bargained for, this time. Dont know why, but she seems psychotic almost...in some ways i feel like Don deserves a major episode that will shake his life, so he can grow up already, and face the music.

But um yeah, the relationship he has with Betty is stuff my nightmares are made of, sadly i know quite a few couples in real life who could give them a run for their money when it comes to messed up marriages.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mad, men