How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-05-2008
fashion insider

The soundtrack looks good. It's too bad they weren't able to use every song that was featured in the show. I'll still end up buying the soundtrack. I can't wait for season 2 to start.

I think the cast looks great in the Vanity Fair photo. Elisabeth Moss' hair looks so much better. It would have been nice if Maggie Siff was in the photo shoot too.

Last edited by Ziegfeld Girl; 26-05-2008 at 10:36 PM.

27-05-2008
fashion insider

Who are everyone's favourite characters? Which characters can you identify with the most?

French Chic

That's a difficult question as most of the characters are highly unlikable with no redeeming qualities therefore the only charcters I can empathise with are Peggy and Betty. This is no way ruins anything for me, I love the show Jon Hamm manages to make an extremely self centred and dishonest character charismatic so there you go.

21-06-2008
The future is stupid

Thread in Magazines Forum...

08-07-2008
V.I.P.

Love this show so much. I was able to catch up with the rest of season one this past weekend and it's just magic. I hope they don't have a sophmore slump because that would be devastating.

To answer your question Z. Girl. My favorite character is definitely Betty, but I really like Joane (the main secretary girl) too. The one I can identify with the most? Hm... I don't know. Campbell? Not that I'm a vicious person or anything, but in that sometimes no matter how hard you try or what best intention you may have, things just don't work out. And so I can relate to that. And also he seems lonely sometimes, so that too, but that's it. Also Draper in that he's all self made.

windowshopping

i love this show so so so much. i am dying for the second season to start

15-07-2008
the crying of humanity

Mad Men is one of the best shows on television. I am ecstatic for the second season to begin; there's so many unanswered questions from last season.

I can't really choose a favorite character, but I can definitely pick one of my least favorites - Joan. She is so snobby, especially to poor Peggy. For some reason I really like Pete, even though he's often portrayed in an unflattering light.

Oh, and Betty by far has the best wardrobe - I'd do just about anything to get my hands on some of her dresses!

V.I.P.

Oh man i am crazy about this show, LOVE IT, the story lines, the characthers, clothes its soo well done.

16-07-2008
front row

i LOVE this show! they don't air it here in argentina, but thank goodness for torrent...i have seen up to the 6th episode of the first season and already i find it to be one of the best shows on television, now and maybe ever!

fashion icon

Just started watching this show, I love it

Leave tonight or live and die this way
23-07-2008
V.I.P.

I really want to get the season 1 DVD for this show because it looks SO good! I just saw the two male leads on The View...

I love how it incorporates all the glamour of the 60's...

23-07-2008
the crying of humanity

Just a few more days until the season two premiere!

army of lovers

The show is probably the best tv show right now. Caught the marathon Sunday and was hooked instantly. I actually DVRED the first couple of episodes when it first aired but never got the chance to watch them. Sunday can't come fast enough. One thing though, I just don't understand how Peggy didn't know?

23-07-2008
V.I.P.

I just watched the first 3 eps and I have to say so far I feel so bad for Betty! OMG that birthday party drama with the cake was so humiliating for her...to be a woman or any minority during that time just sucked! Ugh...

I hope she gets some power or something happens for her as the episodes progress...

26-07-2008
fashion insider

I can't believe I forgot about this thread. Thank you seanutbutter, MyNameIs and Northern Star for answering my questions. I'm sorry I didn't reply to your responses sooner.

I can relate to the characters of Betty and Peggy the most but I enjoy watching each and every character on the show. I love that all the characters are flawed and three dimensional; it makes the show so much more interesting to watch and more 'real'.

I'm so excited for season 2!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mad, men