How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-04-2012
tfs star

I found so very sad that she calls her former husband to tell him about her illness, and not her actual husband. Don treats her as a child, she´s hopelessly sad, always. Betty doesn´t know what she wants...she´s pure melancholy and anger. Such a sad character, that last episode was so depressing. Good but a real downer betty-wise.

09-04-2012
tfs star

Wow! Dark episode too. Loving this season so far, quite meaty, but down, dark, intensely deranged.

10-04-2012
V.I.P.

Me too! But it also has a funny side, perhaps in a bit twisted way, the scene where Peggy is grinning over the money from Roger made me laugh so hard.

10-04-2012
V.I.P.

What a great episode! So very dark, all the characters are so down and conflicted. Seems like the long wait was worth it, this could be their best season ever.
Way to go Peggy! such a great scene with Roger

10-04-2012
tfs star

Yup the Roger/Peggy scene was a comedic relief for an otherwise suffocating episode. Poor Joanie, she has so much to carry on her shoulders, I mean it´s not going to be easy for her from now on.

How cleverly Megan distinguishes between Don and Betty´s crisis and his permanent womanizing and how he cannot blame Betty for that. Bomb ticking in the Megan/Don world.

And the brutal crimes backdrop, the permanent and sick curiosity with the gruesome details. And Sally and her grandma...who gives her a Seconal
....OMIGOD!

10-04-2012
V.I.P.

^ Was SO proud of Joan, but yeah it will be hard, i wonder if she will go on and tell Roger about the baby?!?

And i so agree about Megan, i loved her in this episode, showing some backbone!

10-04-2012
tfs star

^I thought that Joan was very brave to just make a clean cut. I hope there´s going to be a "Roger" episode, I am so curious about what happens these days chez Sterling....

10-04-2012
i'm almost ready..

Wow....this was perhaps the best episode of the entire show, in my opinion. so gripping.....I was holding my breath in a few moments!

...and I don't think I have ever liked Joan as much as I do now. brave.

16-04-2012
Making a Mess

Gosh I love Joan so much. And I will now be waiting for her and Roger to get back together :p.

Also, I feel like they've already set up so many good story lines for this season just within the first few episodes. I'm really excited. Can't see what they do with it all.

And can I just mention the scene with Don and that woman from his past... . I was in shock even though I knew it wasn't reality.

tfs star

Last episode was murky! This show is so GREAT but sometimes it´s emotionally taxing. All the sadness inside the marriages, the booze to sustain even the simplest emotional tasks like talking to coworkers, and so on. Nobody is remotely near satisfied, or happy.

Maybe life is like that, but it´s so odd to watch a show this dark.

18-04-2012
V.I.P.

I know what you mean, it is rather difficult at times, they are all so flawed, just like in real life, and watching this episode i decided if Pete beds the teenager girl, i am boycotting this show, would totally stop watching!!!

Thank god they didn't go there!

Don fixing the pipe was incredibly sexy, i did feel this episode was terribly directed, cutting from one scene to a random one, never seen a MM episode this badly put together.

18-04-2012
rising star

Interesting that many of you read the show as dark. It feels so real to me, so much nuance and honesty. Mad Men is definitely art imitating life.

V.I.P.

Another great episode
I love all the subtleties and the general -down- mood. I feel like they´re all slightly demented.
But I couldn´t stop laughing at the ridiculousness that was Lane and Pete fighting!

18-04-2012
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post

Don fixing the pipe was incredibly sexy, i did feel this episode was terribly directed, cutting from one scene to a random one, never seen a MM episode this badly put together.
Though I'm happy Slattery was given the chance to direct, I don't care for the inconsistency. The transitions were odd... I didn't exactly dislike them, but it was obvious that they aren't a normal thing in the show since we hadn't seen that. I think that's the result of the director?

trendsetter

I'm confused by the directing of the last episode too. Some transitions were distracting to me because they felt dated and cliché. I came to wonder if that was supposed to be an homage to some popular sixties style of directing.

It was a pessimistic but fabulous episode. Didn't Don Draper rock the lobster bib and the plaid sport jacket?
I also enjoyed the character of Trudy in the episode, especially the way she handled Don on the phone. It makes me want to see more of her interacting with other people than Pete.

Tags
mad, men