How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-10-2008
front row

I am so sad the season finale is tonight. I just get into the show this season and haven't watch the first one yet. So the next season starts next summer? That too long of a wait.

But John was really good on SNL. I was quite surprise at him. My favorite skits of his were when he was John Mason (he pull off the accent really well) and the Mad Men skits. I think the NBC site or hulu.com should have some clips of the show.

26-10-2008
V.I.P.

Major spoilers for tonight's finale...and I mean MAJOR!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/27/arts/television/27watc.html

26-10-2008

The finale was unbelievable! It's so amazing how this show packs so much intensity and drama into every episode...and they do it with such sophistication so the audience is never overwhelmed.

Can't wait for next season already

27-10-2008
V.I.P.

OMG Betty!! Although I really can't see her separate from Don, but I am sad that she is trapped in a way. The bar scene was totally off the wall though...it looked like she was snapping again.

Pete and Peggy! She confessed everything and that Father Gill, what a nosey little beyotch he is. He was mean telling her should could go to hell....

27-10-2008
trendsetter

^ I love that she said I can't believe God would do that...

27-10-2008
tfs star

Here's 2 sketches from SNL.

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/CO_4RpXQMlAfK7BmOTecSg"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/CO_4RpXQMlAfK7BmOTecSg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/YcbUbCL9IifDv7wMwnhe7Q"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/YcbUbCL9IifDv7wMwnhe7Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

28-10-2008
windowshopping

Those SNL sketches were great! I loved Don Draper's tips to getting women.

This show is remarkable, there is nothing else quite like it! The season finale was all I could have hoped for, and more, but I am dying to know what's going to happen next. I really can't wait until July, and that it comes back with a full season, and not just a 13-ep season.

tfs star

They can't actually have longer seasons considering the way they mean for the show to work. Each episode is supposed to have happened within a month and season 5 is supposed to be 1968.

28-10-2008
V.I.P.

I think Weiner said he wants to start next season the day after Kennedy's assassination, but he won't be focusing on it. That would be November of 1963 and the season would extend into 1964...this season ended in November of 1962...

29-10-2008
V.I.P.

WOW the last episode was AMAZING!!

Pure perfection.

I will soo miss it, do we know when will they air the next?

29-10-2008
V.I.P.

I think next summer, Weiner is still in negotiations...AMC did sign it for 2 more seasons though. So it will have at least 5 seasons...

29-10-2008
V.I.P.

^^Thanks for the info, its great to know it was signed for two more seasons.

31-10-2008
V.I.P.

This show is so amazing. And so consistant too. I can't wait till next summer, I just hope AMC manages to bring Weiner back because I'm worried that if they mess with the formula the quality will go down.

How heartbreaking was the conversation between Peggy and Pete? I felt bad for him, his wife can't have a baby and his mistress gave away his baby. I felt bad for Peggy too. And Joan. First she got screwed over in that whole TV division business and then her fiance raped her. But I'm glad Don is back with Betty. As much as I love Betty, she was starting to get on my nerves just a bit towards the end. I'm glad she didn't abort the baby though and I'm glad they're back (after she 'revenged' Don of course).

V.I.P.

I can't see Don without Betty and vice versa...they complete each other, in a blissful life of lies and misery.

01-11-2008
windowshopping

I agree, LUXX, though that's such a sad existence! I hold out on the hope that they will one day be able to be trust one another and be truly happy.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mad, men