How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-09-2009
front row

Melrose Place 2.0
Melrose Place is a forthcoming American television series for The CW Television Network, scheduled to premiere on September 8, 2009. The fifth series in the Beverly Hills, 90210 franchise, it is an updated version of the 1990s FOX prime time drama Melrose Place, featuring a group of young adults living in a West Hollywood, California apartment complex. Smallville producers Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer are show runners of the series. According to Entertainment Weekly, the first season will feature a murder mystery involving characters Sydney Andrews (Laura Leighton) and Dr. Michael Mancini (Thomas Calabro) from the original series, as well as a crop of new residents.

-wikipedia.org

Is anyone else excited about this show? I love Katie Cassidy after Harpers Island. I'm hoping the show lives up to all the campy drama I'v expecting.

Few pictures of the cast from TV Guide

cw-love.proboards.com

Last edited by Belowen; 05-09-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines | proper crediting procedures - no clickable links

05-09-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I am kind of addicted to Ashlee Simpson at the moment, so I'll probably tune in

front row

I've never actually seen ashlee act so I'm hoping she does a good job and doesn't disappoint. Only two days til the premiere now! Can't wait!

backstage pass

watch her on 7th heaven.. tragic

06-09-2009
V.I.P.

^7th Heaven is anyway tragic ! worst thing i've ever seen on tv ... everything i hate about america is on this show ...

Quote:
Sydney Andrews (Laura Leighton)
i'm sorry but wasn't sidney dead in the original Melrose Place ?

09-09-2009
V.I.P.

So did anyone watch it? I'm still downloading. The reviews have not been good.

Thoughts anyone?

10-09-2009
front row

Acting was horrible for the most part (I'm looking at you Ashlee).. only a few of them were decent. .. meh. I'll watch a few more episodes before I decide whether or not to write it off haha

10-09-2009
V.I.P.

God, that was horrific. The only part I enjoyed was Katie Cassidy. Ashlee made me want to throw crackers at the screen.

backstage pass

This show is even worse than the new 90210. It was so bad that I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes. Ashlee's acting was like from a SNL sketch.

Definately not worth watching.

10-09-2009
fashion elite

I think some people are being way too harsh.Ashley was horrible a definitely agree on that.I hope that her character dies because this can't work.Her acting chops are horrible

But the rest of the cast wasn't that bad IMO.Stephanie Jacobsen (Lauren) 's storyline is going to be great,I thought she was very good in that episode.Jonah Miller (Michael) was great as well,same thing for Katie Cassidy (Ella).

I didn't have high expectations because,in general pilot are dissapointing.But I thought that this one wasn't that bad.It settled both a bit of a storyline and a characters introduction.Which is great.Not to mention,that M.Mancinni is back.So I'm propbably the only one,but I can't wait to see how it's going to grow and get better.

10-09-2009
front row

I personally loved it, its just mindless entertainment with lots of drama and for the most part the acting was pretty good. Aside from Ashlee who was just horrible. I think the entire cast are beautiful though and the storylines are just as ridiculous and over-dramatic as expected so I think its a pretty good start. I'll definitely keep watching, especially for Katie.

V.I.P.

It wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either.

You knew something was up with Violet the moment she found the body. That chef guy looks more like Michael than the guy playing his son. I wonder who his mother is.

The blonde bisexual is the new Amanda and she was the only one who was any good. B*tches make these shows what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by December_25th
Acting was horrible for the most part (I'm looking at you Ashlee).. only a few of them were decent. .. meh. I'll watch a few more episodes before I decide whether or not to write it off haha
This is what I'm going to do. I'm thinking if it isn't any better by ep 5 I'm done cause I've too much else to watch. If it gets better I'll just watch it over the summer next year when everything else finishes. Remember the orginal didn't get better until season 2 so you never know.

16-09-2009
fashion elite

Did anyone watched episode 2 ? I thought it was great to be honest.The intrigue is taking off and I love it.Ashley's acting is getting better.I'm really starting to be into that show.

18-09-2009
trendsetter

I love this show. I just watched the first episode and am in the middle of the second as I type this. It's so refreshing to have a show that's NOT about high school students. It's very interesting...

05-10-2009
I love you too

Guys, it is worth of watching? I want to watch something, and I just don't know what

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
20, melrose, place