How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-01-2011
fashion icon

Does anyone have caps from the show? I think the show has great clothes too, I like the way Alisha and Nikki are styled

Leave tonight or live and die this way

09-01-2011
backstage pass

I love this show.

Peppi just google Misfits and you'll be greated with so much awesome. There are so many tumlrs full of screen caps made by fans. Most are in gif form though, but some like from this site are not.

Here are some gifs and caps from the show. I've picked ones that don't really contain any spoilers.

This site is full of Nathan quotes.

And a "Why His Hot" -here.

This youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ssrami has all episodes from Season 1 and 2 plus the Christmas special. The episodes are also in the full 45ish minute segemnets (none of that "part 4 of 10" rubbish). I found this the safest and easiest way to watch the series being a non-UK resident. Most sites block those not from the UK or require filling out surveys So many thanks to this uploader!

09-01-2011
fashion icon

This show looks so cool... will have to check it out after I make my way through Skins. Honestly, why can't American television be as good as the British shows?

trendsetter

I'm just getting into the second season and I love it!!

13-01-2011
tfs star

My favourite thing on telly ever.
Did anyone else notice how awesome the soundtrack is?

18-01-2011
trendsetter

^The soundtrack is great! I love how they incorporated the xx

19-01-2011
backstage pass

NOOOOO

They really better not do this. I'm still only coming to terms with accepting Shameless and Being Human remakes. I have never seen an American remake that is better than the original. I think even the Office US, which the Americans seem to be very proud of (at least that's how it's advertised here) is not as good as the UK version.

A Misfits America would be a very bad idea IMO. Seeing as most remakes tend to be carbon copies how on earth do they think they can translate gems like "That's the afterbirth you Dickhead" and
the characters personalities for an American audience? I like how stereotyped the characters are, but if they were American actors I think the stereotypes would be too strong and become very fake. IMO all American tv characters suffer from horrendous stereotyping, and I would hate for them to tarnish a brilliant show such as this.

Quote:
US remakes: Next stop Misfits?

Shameless, Being Human, Skins, Outnumbered, Spooks, The Inbetweeners…. is Misfits the next series ripe for an American remake?

There’s nothing official, but at a premiere screening of the second season in London last week, the show’s writer and creator Howard Overman admitted it was “something I can’t really talk about”.

Pressed for more details by host Jonathan Ross, a committed Misfits fan, Overman confirmed “there’s been a lot of interest in it”.

“But you just have to make sure it’s done in the right way,” he continued.

“The idea was always to do a very British take on the superhero genre. Would that translate back to America? I don’t know.”

Star Stewart-Jarrett, who plays a former athlete Curtis who has the power to rewind time, remarked, “Their whole system is different.

“I don’t even know if they have kids that do community service so I don’t know if that translates.

“But I think this could just work as it is in the States,” he continues. “We’ve apparently got secret fans.”

America often has a habit of glamming everything up. One of the best attributes of E4′s Misfits, which aired in Australia on ABC2, was its “indie-film” feel.

As we near the end of 2010 Misfits is still standing up as one of the most interesting new shows on the box this year.

19-01-2011
V.I.P.

^My worst nightmare come true. They better NOT!
They already f**ked up the Skins!

02-02-2011
V.I.P.

oh god, no! they´re gonna ruin it simply cause they won´t make it as raunchy, funny and great as it is. eg the sex scene between Simon and Alisha in season 2 episode 3. Being Human US is so bad, I haven´t seen the original versions of Skins or Shameless though...

imo the second season is so much better than the first! Love Nathan and Simon
btw, Iwan Rheon has to play a vampire at some point! he´s so white he´s almost translucide LOL

02-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Tofana View Post
Did anyone else notice how awesome the soundtrack is?
I so agree! I discovered some interesting music thanks to the show

english tv shows have the best soundtracks, don´t they? like Being Human, there´s no way you´ll hear Morrisey or Joy Division in any american tv show

09-02-2011
V.I.P.

I´ve read that the third season will premiere in 2012!
anyone knows how english tv shows work? what´s the schedule for premiering seasons?

19-03-2011
front row

New series is currently planned for November 2011. Both series 1 and 2 aired Nov 2009 and Nov 2010 respectively.

Filming for Series 3 starts in May.

Last edited by bettygem; 19-03-2011 at 09:42 AM.
19-03-2011
V.I.P.

^Yay! Still got to wait til November, but it's nice to have a date to look forward to.

19-03-2011
V.I.P.

Yay! Thanks Betty
I was panicking a bit when I read 2012 lol

09-04-2011
V.I.P.

Just started watching this show on Yotubue. Omg, love it soo much. Kelly and Simon are my favorites. Right now I'm just in season 1, epsiode 6 so onto S2 but Simon is so adorable. Just want to give him a hug.

Last edited by Empress Merel; 09-04-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
drama, e4, misfits