How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-11-2013
V.I.P.

Miss Universe 2013
For some reason I've been really into the Miss Universe pageant this year. I've been following all the official photos that were released, kept up with the rumor mill and even watched the preliminary competition live the other day.

It's being held in Moscow this year. The final is on Saturday, where 86 contestants will compete for the crown. These five seem to be the consensus frontrunners for the crown (in alphabetical order):

PHILIPPINES

POLAND

PUERTO RICO

SPAIN

UKRAINE

missuniverse.com

Some of the others who are strong contenders to make the Top 15 are France, Great Britain, USA, Russia, Venezuela, Korea, Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Israel, Brazil, Australia.

Here's a link to all contestants
http://www.missuniverse.com/members/...ants/year:2013

08-11-2013
tfs star

Ukraine always has strong misses, but I hope this time she goes to distance in the event. BTW what happened to the last Miss Universe thread?

V.I.P.

Idk. I searched for one but nothing came up. There's one for 2007 and a Miss World thread. If there is a Miss Universe thread that I missed, maybe mods could move it there.

Btw, I'm still bitter about Ukraine's loss in 2011. Olesya was perfect.

09-11-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Idk. I searched for one but nothing came up. There's one for 2007 and a Miss World thread. If there is a Miss Universe thread that I missed, maybe mods could move it there.

Btw, I'm still bitter about Ukraine's loss in 2011. Olesya was perfect.
I know.
I found the thread using google, but it says something like "you don't have permission to watch this thread" or something you know how discussions get heated here at TFS. Anyway.
This year Im not too fond about our candidate: Paulette Samayoa, because I think another girl should've won the Miss Guatemala.

I also like Marilyn Ramos from South Africa.

V.I.P.

They chose Costa Rica (who looks like the baby of Cindy Crawford and Eva Longoria) as the 1st finalist of the evening, and then didn't call her the next round?... instead they call Julia Roberts-mouth-types like Venezuela and Dominican Republic?? ... I turned off the TV

Last edited by Legolas; 09-11-2013 at 01:12 PM.
09-11-2013
V.I.P.

Yikes. Even in a year that was supposedly "Europe's year", Latin America dominated once again. I can't believe France, Italy and POLAND didn't even place. Ukraine was robbed again. I'll never understand the obsession that MU has with Venezuela. From the final two, Spain should've been the winner. Actually, Spain was the best in the whole Top 5.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, miss, universe