How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-09-2012
V.I.P.

Yrs ago, I saw Irreversible starring Monica Bellucci & Vincent Cassel and it was...unsure:. All I remember was staring opened-mouthed and horrified at the unflinchingly, graphic and brutal scenes of violence & rape. It was unnerving cuz every second I was expecting to cut away but it just went on and on..

Another movie I saw was a italian movie called Salo. If you wanna talk about disturbing by far this takes the cake. It's disturbing, disgusting & one of the most pointless pieces of crap (literally) I've ever had the misfortune to sit through.

I got that it was about political corruption, abuse of power, sadism, perversion, sexuality, fascism that leads the young or next generation being the ones to suffer in the end.. That being said, I just couldn't get pass people eating feces in every other scene & doing other bodily functions. The funny thing is, I borrowed it at one of my local libraries. I didn't really read what it was about; all that jumped out at me were descriptions of graphic nudity & strong sexual situations & me being a dumb teenager at the time found that exciting & taboo so I made the regrettable mistake of checking it out..

I literally haven't eatten chocolate pudding for yrs after this.. And I looove chocolate pudding
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by modelista; 22-09-2012 at 08:31 PM.

23-09-2012
scenester

Pasolini's Salo might be my worst. When I saw it in a theater, people were streaming out.

23-09-2012
V.I.P.

Jersey's Shore

23-09-2012
backstage pass

NEWS!
it is disturbing to see what is happening in this world.

25-09-2012
backstage pass

I just watched Craig Zobel's Compliance and I have to say it was, by far, the most disturbing movie I have ever seen. I've seen quite a few unsettling films, but none made me as uncomfortable as this one.

It was also one of the best movies I've ever seen. The cast was superb. I can't get it out of my mind.

Part of what is so chilling is this actually happened in 2004. Google "McDonalds strip search prank" after you've watched this.

24-12-2012
V.I.P.

^i was literally about to have a panic attack from watching that movie because I wanted it to just stop

just watched Kill List recently; the plot, the killing scenes, and the ending left me in shock

24-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
Also does Dogtooth not look extremely disturbing... I want to watch it, but I don't think I can put myself through that
I wouldn't call many of the movies listed here and that I have watched 'disturbing' but Dogtooth definitely takes the title in recent memory, and by far. Mostly because it's so unexpected, at least to me, I had no idea what I was getting into. I'm not sure aggressiveness or violence will ever truly disturb me the way subtle (so to speak) wackiness does.

V.I.P.

In my Skin (Dans ma peau)2002.
Quote:
A woman grows increasingly fascinated with her body after suffering a disfiguring accident.
this film is truly shocking, yet so interesting psychologically

24-12-2012
V.I.P.

^ I really want to see that. It sounds ... interesting.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
29-12-2012
V.I.P.

The Tudors

While I love Natalie Dormer as Anne Boleyn, I find the role of Henry (played by Johnathan Rhys Meyers) very annoying and disturbing. First of all, he's so unattractive. Secondly, his character is so full of himself :yuk. I know the character is suppose to be like that but still I can't handle his ego. And the character is also kind of stupid

Oh and these sex scenes are too much. Yikes.
Posted via Mobile Device

29-12-2012
French Chic

^ I didn't find a single thing shocking about The Tudors....but each to their own.

Killer Joe - Totally f**ked up with the most unsavoury characters. The scene with Matthew McConaughey and Gina Gershon and a chicken leg must be seen to be believed. Kudos to the 5 principal actors involved and a special mention to a the 21 year old Juno Temple, playing 12 year old 'white trash'.

rising star

Glad to come across this thread, so many suggestions!

I'm surprised at how many times Reqiuem Of a Dream has been mentioned, though. The cinematography is undoubtedly very beautiful, but the film itself is way overrated and Hollywood; there are more powerful drug-films out there.

I saw a trailer or short clip from Irréversible a long time ago, and while intrigued, I couldn't stand that piercing sound playing all the way through. I'll give it another try because of this thread.

04-01-2013
V.I.P.

I recently saw a movie called Attack On Darfur & as the title is pretty straight forward the movie is basically about the ongoing conflict in Darfur. It was a intensely violent movie that doesn't shy away from showing graphic scenes of child/baby murders, genocide, rape etc.

That being said you definitely need a strong stomach to watch this film

Last edited by modelista; 04-01-2013 at 05:18 PM.
05-01-2013
V.I.P.

Django Unchained was quite disturbing. Tarantino did a great job of lightening it a bit with humor, but there are some seriously disturbing moments in the movie. I covered my eyes a lot and I can usually handle that stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

06-01-2013
scenester

Disturbing: The New Evil Dead Trailer!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
disturbing, movies or tv, shows or books