How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-08-2012
fashion icon

Some new editions to the never ending list of movies that make me cry....I was a wreck after watching all of these films.

Rang De Basanti (I've watched the ending scenes a few times because it was so moving and so sad. Pretty much every time I watch it I cry)
My Name Is Khan
Temple Grandin
Never Let Me Go
A Single Man
50/50
The Iron Lady

Also, does anyone else ever have the issue of not wanting to watch a movie (even if it has good reviews) because you just know it's going to be sad? Or is that just me?

04-08-2012
V.I.P.

1. Titanic (I know it's cheesy but this is the 1st movie that made me cry)
2. The Kite Runner
3. Peter Pan
4. Aladdin (can't stand the part of magic carpet ride!)
5. Harry Potter The Deathly Hallow Part 2 (the ending is so touching, can't believe the whole movie is over)
6. The Pianist
7. Australia
8. Slumdog Millionarie
9. Marie Antoinette
10. Moulin Rouge!
11. Les Choristes
12. The Terminal
13. Forrest Gump
14. Marley and Me
15. Nanny Diaries
16. Tarzan
17. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
18. The King's Speech
19. Toy Story
20. The Pursuit of Happyness
21. Finding Nemo
22. Monsters, Inc.
23. Black Swan (the last part where she falls!)
24. Mulan
25. Charlotte's Web

Last edited by ChristyLeReveur; 04-08-2012 at 03:28 AM.
04-08-2012
V.I.P.

^ and more
26. Pearl Harbor
27. The Lion King
28. The Sound of Music
29. Pocohantas
30. Mother and Child
31. King Kong
32. Star Wars
33. Lost in Translation
34. Ghost
35. Anna and the King
36. The Blind Side

04-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
Also, does anyone else ever have the issue of not wanting to watch a movie (even if it has good reviews) because you just know it's going to be sad? Or is that just me?
Yes. I have to be in the right mood to watch a movie if I know it will be sad.

04-08-2012
windowshopping

Steel magnolias gets me every time...

04-08-2012
V.I.P.

Titanic
We Bought a Zoo

05-08-2012
fashion icon

Castaway I have only been able to watch this movie once because after I saw it I honestly saw no reason to live any more. That name that begins with a W...just that word alone,spoken in any context,is enough to make me cry.

Also Etre et Avoir which is a French documentary about a rural school gets me going every single time at the end. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

I did the generic crying at The Notebook and Toy Story 3,but I recently watched Monsters Inc for the first time in years with my boyfriend and became hysterical at the end when Sully goes to see Boo after she's gone home. I tried to fob it off as hayfever,but my boyfriend was having none of it

05-08-2012
V.I.P.

The Lovely Bones (right when she kisses him... tears came pouring)
The Changeling
The Help
Never Let Me Go
Tears of the Sun
(I was young and when the woman got shot trying to run to her family, I couldn't take it)
My Sister's Keeper
Never Been Kissed
Carrie
( the first time, but now I just laugh)

09-08-2012
backstage pass

I am such a tear jerker, i was watching titanic in bed in the afternoon a couple of months ago with the curtains closed, crying my eyes out ha! And before hand i was like "oh this is fine, why on earth do people find this so emotional!". And then when kate is going "jack.....jack", i was like oh no.........

you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
I feel that way about lots of WWII movies. I only watched Schindler's List and Life is Beautiful for the first time this year, I kept avoiding them.

Oh and not too long ago I watched Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey, which is about Kevin Clash who is the puppeteer for Elmo, and I thought it was so touching. I was definitely crying by the end. Normally I roll my eyes at "inspirational" documentaries, but I actually thought that this one was quite inspirational!

Last edited by blueorchid; 09-08-2012 at 02:31 PM.
09-08-2012
backstage pass

War Horse Oh my god I cried like, three separate times

A Single Man

Fly Away Home Again, like numerous times throughout

09-08-2012
V.I.P.

I last cried with Chocolate: The Bitter Truth. It's a documentary about the industry of chocolate and how it's pretty much sustained on child labor (enjoy your chocolate!). You get into this 'receiving information' mode and don't expect a truly emotional spin in the whole documentary so when it happens.. it's.. .. I couldn't stop crying. It's basically a scene where the reporter takes a chocolate bar from his pocket and offers it to a girl in the cocoa fields and she's biting it and smiling like 'whoa what is this and why is it so good?'.. I was stupid enough not to realise these kids don't even know what chocolate is.. and the fact that she's smiling is just heartbreaking.

Every Susanne Bier movie makes me cry too.

So far the movies I've cried the most with have been A Better Life and Hachi. I don't think I could watch them again.

Never understood why people cry with The Notebook.. like in what part?

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesAndOil View Post
War Horse Oh my god I cried like, three separate times

A Single Man

Fly Away Home Again, like numerous times throughout
I cried during all three of these movies as well. But when I was younger Fly Away Home made me cry so much. Every single time I watched it. Which is probably why I've avoided it for a few years now! Also, I'm pleased to know that I'm not the only one who avoids movies when I know they are sad, I've always felt a bit weird because I tend to do this.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzer View Post
I am such a tear jerker, i was watching titanic in bed in the afternoon a couple of months ago with the curtains closed, crying my eyes out ha! And before hand i was like "oh this is fine, why on earth do people find this so emotional!". And then when kate is going "jack.....jack", i was like oh no.........
Ha, I remember when I first watched it. I was like 11 or 12 years old, and all went fine until old Rose dropped the necklace, or whatever that was, in the water. It's the very ending. I cried really badly then. She was just so cute-granny-looking. Today I have some trouble sitting through the movie, though.

By the end of Goodbye, Mr. Chips I had to pause the DVD to wash my face. I couldn't see anything anymore. More or like the same with both versions of Imitation of Life and a short called Couro de gato. More recently, had some tough time with The Secret Life of Words — gladly I was alone in the theater.

12-08-2012
V.I.P.

I feel like i cry in so many movies, here are the ones I can remember

Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Part 2
The Kite Runner
Never Let Me Go
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
The Hunger Games (Rue's Death)
Toy Story 3
Grave of the Fireflies (this one is bad, i can't stop the tears once they come )

I really want to see War Horse, I know I will probably get emotional in it as well. I never liked Titanic, I watched it once and just never got into it.

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 12-08-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, movies