How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2004
V.I.P.

Movies You Loved as a Child
I was just thinking about celebrities who were also child stars and I remembered Thora Birch. "Monkey Trouble" was one of my favourite movies when I was a kid, although I had no idea who she was at the time. I still love films with criminals (monkey or not) and it dawned on me that my movie choices still haven't changed all that much over the years. I thought it'd be fun to compare everyone's favourite films as kids to their tastes now.
Which movies did you love as a child?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monkey_trouble.jpg (61.0 KB, 5 views)

08-03-2004
backstage pass

I guess people's age will be more apparent with this post Mine was ET, hands down. I remember crying at a movie for the first time and it felt like the strangest feeling to cry b/c of a movie. I was just used to crying for not getting what I wanted or scraping my knee or something

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by punkie@Mar 8th, 2004 - 9:29 pm
I guess people's age will be more apparent with this post Mine was ET, hands down. I remember crying at a movie for the first time and it felt like the strangest feeling to cry b/c of a movie. I was just used to crying for not getting what I wanted or scraping my knee or something
Oh, I love ET! Also one of my favourites, although I have to say that I found it kind of scary when I first saw it...

08-03-2004
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

hmmm...

ET was good...I remember, the first time watching it at home, crying in my mother's lap, lol.

Pretty In Pink was a favorite, still is.

Stripes...my father watched it pretty often, so I guess it rubbed off on me.

Stitch:the Hand

"Wizard of Oz" was my most favorite growing up. Along with the usual Disney classics;animated or otherwise.

08-03-2004
tgp
fashion elite

ET-oh how I love this movie!

Grease

as a teen-all of the John Hughes movies like Pretty in Pink, Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club

09-03-2004
front row

As a kid, I loved watching Harriet the Spy. I remember renting it all the time, then finally buying my own copy.

Not to mention, of course, those Disney cartoons.

09-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott@Mar 8th, 2004 - 10:22 pm
"Wizard of Oz" was my most favorite growing up. Along with the usual Disney classics;animated or otherwise.
Me too! Also Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...

09-03-2004
V.I.P.

My older girls always loved " Goonies" I think thats the name. It's about some kids that go on a pirate ship hunt for a treasure. Does anyone remember this one?

09-03-2004
living in the sprawl

Quote:
Originally posted by model_mom@Mar 9th, 2004 - 11:38 pm
My older girls always loved " Goonies" I think thats the name. It's about some kids that go on a pirate ship hunt for a treasure. Does anyone remember this one?
YESS!! i love goonies..."HEY YOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!"

Sean Astin from LOTR is in it

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen
09-03-2004
Procrastinator.

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Mar 8th, 2004 - 9:33 pm
Oh, I love ET! Also one of my favourites, although I have to say that I found it kind of scary when I first saw it...
YES! I was afraid of ET as well. The part when he goes all floury white is creepy as hell. I could never get past that part when I was little. I was also really afraid of Logan's Run.

So, yeah, I can't really remember my favorite childhood movies...just the ones that scared me the most.

http://www.shopstyle.com/users/hboogie
10-03-2004
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott@Mar 8th, 2004 - 10:22 pm
I still love Wizard of Oz now lol I watched it during Christmas time when they bring out the classic family movies
Also I like Grease too...i cant stop drooling at the outfits they have on!
And Big with tom Hanks used to be one of my favourites if anyone remembers it lol

10-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by pointup+Mar 10th, 2004 - 12:08 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pointup @ Mar 10th, 2004 - 12:08 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-model_mom@Mar 9th, 2004 - 11:38 pm
YESS!! i love goonies..."HEY YOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!"

Sean Astin from LOTR is in it [/b][/quote]
lol I loved the goonies, sean astin was adorable in that movie - I really liked corey feldman in it, especially when he's talking to the maid in spanish about the 'drug stash'

I think my favourite movies when I was little were the wizard of oz, peter pan & alice in wonderland - I seem to have had a theme going

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by model_mom@Mar 9th, 2004 - 11:38 pm
Oh, I was terrified of that film! I still remember the scene where they tried to put a kid's hand in the blender...
Mind you, Home Alone also scared me at the time...

10-03-2004
seagreen serenades

I would just watch anything with a murder. Watched and rewatched every Agatha Christie, regardless of who was playing Poirot because to me it didn't matter.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
child, loved, movies