How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-07-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

MTV's House of Style is back!

styleite

Quote:
Fashion TV may have gone the way of the legwarmer, but it looks like MTV is throwing their weight behind revitalizing the fading genre of fashion-centric television. Thatís right folks, a brand new version of House Of Style, the legendary documentary series that took viewers backstage, on set, and behind the scenes from 1989-2002, is coming soon to a screen near you! And man are we ever excited to see what they come up with.
For those who were too busy with crayons and monkey bars to catch the show the first time around, MTV has posted some choice clips for your viewing pleasure. And when we say choice, we mean CHOICE. Think Cindy Crawford shooting with Helmut Newton in Monte Carlo, Victoria Beckham flexing her early styling muscles at the mall back when she was still known as Posh Spice, and even a cameo or two from Karl Lagerfeld, pre-weight loss. Peaked your interest yet? We thought so.
MTV has already posted many of the segments online, but believe us when we say thereís plenty more fashion fabulousness where that came from. As for what to expect, the networkís own Mary H.K. Choi reveals that a documentary about the show itself called House of Style: Music, Models and MTV will premiere on August 7th, and in the coming weeks they will be releasing never-before-seen footage (!!!) of interviews with greats like Lagerfeld, Anna Wintour, and Gianni Versace.
The new series will film during New York Fashion Week in September, says the Hollywood Reporter, and will premiere October 9th exclusively on MTV StyleĎs digital platform, with some crossover content making its way to your television screen. The host of the series (Coco? Karlie?) will be announced September 6th at the MTV Video Music Awards. Ok, now are you hyperventilating? Because we certainly are.
As they say in the trailer for the House Of Style doc:
ďBefore Facebook, before Instagram, there was House Of Style.Ē
So letís all take this opportunity to bow down to the show that cleared the (run)way for our generation! May its second coming be just as fun, fierce, and fabulous as its first.

25-07-2012
V.I.P.

^That's great & also MTV open a page dedicated to the show.

25-07-2012
fashion elite

My english really bad and I can't understand something, but I saw the video and I'm really exited. Hope I'll see it in Russia :S
Btw, HERE this trailer.

25-07-2012
V.I.P.

The page of the full episodes of the show
http://style.mtv.com/house-of-style/collection/

25-07-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Hopefully Karlie gets the gig, I find Coco insufferable. Not that I'll likely watch, how can you compare to the original, and the supers? You can't.

25-07-2012
Stitch:the Hand

i'm wary about this return myself. sadly,our culture has changed completely since it's ultimate heyday(personally shalom and amber's era was the ultimate for me)....MTV's standards have changed.....not sure i'll be interested in the content they present. probably will be a lot of celeb/fake-celeb influence rather than music and fashion-based.

26-07-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

hopefully they wont get a more reality show type of model and focus on drunken parties and odd behaviour than fashion

26-07-2012
trendsetter

yes, Karlie will make a great host! Maybe they could put Kendra Spears as host too, Cindy Crawford 2.0

26-07-2012
tfs star

Not thrilled about this at all especially after seeing Jeremy Scott in that trailer. It's going to be even more annoying if Coco's involved. There's a rumor that Behati is also being considered as a host (since she's dating Adam) and Charlotte Free too.

26-07-2012
scenester

MTV Style needs Alexa Chung!

26-07-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgyn View Post
MTV Style needs Alexa Chung!
Because that worked out so well for her the first time? I think people are even more sick of her now. Although she would be better than every. single. person. mentioned here :

Quote:
Not thrilled about this at all especially after seeing Jeremy Scott in that trailer. It's going to be even more annoying if Coco's involved. There's a rumor that Behati is also being considered as a host (since she's dating Adam) and Charlotte Free too.

26-07-2012

oh is JS is attached to this as well? double ick! he's already annoying enough without being a camera hog.

26-07-2012

btw,with the revival of this,wouldn't it be great they resurrected videofashion again and returned fashion file back to its roots?

11-08-2012
windowshopping

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/82283...tml#id=1691196 does anyone know where I can watch this online? I live in the UK so MTV USA doesn't work

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
house, mtv, style