How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2006
fashion insider

Latest episode review.
The Secrets and Lies (03/30/06)
Just as Summer is showing her support for Ryan and Sadie, a new couple catches her and Seth's attention at The Bait Shop. Marissa and Volchok are meeting at first base -if you know what we mean! - on the dance floor. The next morning, each young female is asked to dinner by their parents who have returned from their cruise together.
Not getting along as well? Matt and Sandy, as the former is fired in order to build the hospital. On his way out, he claims that the head of the board is taking illegal kickbacks. Also building something together and continuing with these segues? Dr. Roberts and Julie, who announce their engagement to the daugher. Summer is nice and happy. Marissa is a bitter, selfish jerk. She's basically herself as she abandons the new, not so happy family to go off with Volchok. Summer and Seth decide to call in Ryan to help. After initially ignoring the issue, Kid Chino tells Volchok's friends to have their buddy meet him under the pier before school.
All that occurs is a plea from Ryan to the V-dawg to treat Marissa well. How times have changed. Also changing? The friendship between Ms. Skinny Pants and Summer, as these new sisters aren't acting too ... sisterly. Another possible change? Sadie leaving Newport because she's sold Johnny's mom's house finally. Definitely now changing? The repetitive style of this episode guide. Meanwhile, Sandy meets with the head of the hospital board because Matt is threatening to bring the project down. Mr. Board Dude says he'll take care of it.
In random news, Kirsten takes Seth with her to AA. Apparently she had been keeping it a secret from the family. At the same time, Matt is assulted in his apartment, probably by the boardman's henchmen. Sandy finds the mess and is accused of setting it up. And then ... well, Sadie is about to board a bus to return to Oregon when Marissa, of course, tells her to stay for Ryan's sake. Because THAT would happen in real life! When the former bad boy returns to the pool house, the hottie is sitting on his bed. They have all the sex. Marissa, subsequently, has all the cocaine off Volchok. For the first time in history, viewers take the side of the blow.
Source: ocfiles.com

07-04-2006
V.I.P.

this show keeps dissapointing me, I wish we could go back to the feel of the first season... sigh.

I think the writers dont know what to do with Marissa's character at this point...
and I cannot believe that they are actually messing with the Summer/Seth relationship again!

apparently the season finale is supposed to be something very very shoking. something we have never seen on the Oc before.... and since we have seen death, weddings, sailing into the yonder... I am amused, I really don't know what's left...

btw, does anyone have any ideas on how they are planning to pull off the wole... college thing next year?

front row

oh and who designed Mischas cute black boots with the buckles on the sides last night? she stuffed the money in them! remember?

07-04-2006
front row

yeah i agree this show has gone to sh*t! CIRCLES AND CIRCLES!!! when you think Mischa is doing good and being good she turns into a b*tch again! its so lame and getting way old! not only that the ratings are sooo low

Last edited by Curious; 10-04-2006 at 03:51 PM. Reason: please see tFS guidelines
08-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Anne
this show keeps dissapointing me, I wish we could go back to the feel of the first season... sigh.

I think the writers dont know what to do with Marissa's character at this point...
Absolutely. They seem to have run out of ideas. Bring back Oliver I say! He can stir up some trouble between Marissa and Ryan . . . or something.

08-04-2006
V.I.P.

Yes....it does seem to have gone into a bit of a low..........I used to avidly download the eps jsut to keep up with the US....but now I can't be arsed.......it's just so crap to watch now..........

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
09-04-2006
backstage pass

I love the OC. I'm sooo looking forward to see the third season. Can't wait!

09-04-2006
V.I.P.

^^Me too! We are behind over here so I download all the series and am almost finished watching Season 2

09-04-2006
V.I.P.

yeah. i completely adore the show. but, lately its been going down.

tfs star

I'll be sad if Mischa does end up leaving, even though her character is going nowhere really.

09-04-2006
scenester

It's definitely going downhill. I was obsessed in the first season, and now I simply forget to watch sometimes. I'll probably stick it out though, just because, it's kind of like I grew up with it, you know? But I'm not buying the 3rd season when it comes out on DVD, that's for sure.

10-04-2006
scenester

Here in Sweden we are on the third season and I like it a lot. Started to look at it just some weeks ago but damn it i good! Must see the first and second season!

17-04-2006
V.I.P.

i love the o.c. i love rachel bilson, she's so sweet and melinda clarke is soo funny, i watched a blooper video and she was messing up her lines.

23-04-2006
rising star

It's okay, but it's not something I have to watch everytime it's on.

02-05-2006
fashion insider

I use to prefer Mischa/Marissa over Rachel/Summer, but now its the other way around.
Some avs I got off unwavering-affection.
45x45

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
oc