How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2005
front row

I like the one where the boss is interviewing for a secretary: "(to the woman)Right...just a polaroid....ah a nice close up! lovely blue eyes...lovely lovely(to the man) and one of you." I paraphrased it but you get the gist...

12-12-2005
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBoots
I don't understand why they can't just air the orginal version over here in the US. Are we that unwilling to accept a British accent?!
Actually, you can get the original on BBC America

~Madeleine Albright
12-12-2005
backstage pass

I LOVE a lot of British humor - the worst episode of Coupling is better than the best of Friends, in my opinion, and the American Coupling was hideous. I love My Life in Film, Have I Got News For You, etc; but I really didn't care for the British The Office and I adore the American one. Nothing to do with accents, or not getting the humor or anything. I just like the feel and the acting much better.

V.I.P.

After boycotting the American version for a couple of weeks I gave it a shot. As to not dissapoint me--it completely sucked. I had no high hopes for it, I knew it was going to blow.

Anywho, the UK version is my favorite show ever. By far the funniest TV show out there (: I could recite lines in my sleep! "Now dutch girls should not be punished for having big boobs or otherwise" "If anything, they should be rewarded"

15-12-2005
V.I.P.

I cannot believe that 80s band! Is that real?! I just downloaded the songs He totally looks like David Bowie there, how strange! I love it!

16-12-2005
rising star

i loved the original office - ricky gervais is so funny!

21-12-2005
tfs star

I love the Office! My dad and I are so obsessed with it I love the ending of the Christmas Specials too, so beautiful, awww! I hated the American version. The character interaction on the British version is awesome, especially between Gareth and Tim, David and Gareth/Dawn/Tim, Keith and everyone. I love the scenes with Gareth and Tim, like when he puts Gareth's stapler in jelly, and how Dawn and Tim always wind Gareth up about the army!

OT but I didn't realise until someone told me that Gareth is the pirate with the wooden eye from Pirates of the Caribbean... and Tim was a doctor in the first episode of Black Books (he was also awesome in Love Actually)!

Free love, on the freelove freeway...

Ricky Gervais seems really sleazy and not nice in real life though... I thought he'd be really different to his character but he isn't

22-12-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
never saw the original version but i can guarantee the American one is gonna be crap and they'll end up taking it off the air in less than a year just like they did with Coupling. There's something about British sense of humor that is only hilarious when it's done by British people and just plain pathetic when done by Americans.
The original was fantastic! At first i didn't see the point, but then i realised how brilliant it was. They showed the US version here for 2 weeks before pulling it- how long did it last in the US? I thought it was crap.

Was there a US version of coupling as well? I love the British version! I just bought the dvds

22-12-2005
when the rats run riot

moving to Thursdays...

11-05-2006
V.I.P.

I love this show. I didn't watch the UK version, but if people gave it a chance they would probably love it. Each of the characters is so funny in a realistic and sometimes sad way.

V.I.P.

The season finale was tonight and I think I almost died. I can't wait until that long to find out what happens!

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckashie
like when he puts Gareth's stapler in jelly
oh that was a classic

13-05-2006
scenester

Love the brit´ version but don´t think the US is as good! Have both first and second season on DVD.

13-05-2006
V.I.P.

^ i agree with the jell-o bit! it was beautiful, and what got me into this amazing series!

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
23-09-2006
trendsetter

i LOVE the american version! i didn't get a chance to see the orginal but if you give this a chance you'll love it! I bypass every big thursday show to watch The Office. Can't wait for all the dvds!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
office, version