The Official Harry Potter Thread #2 - Page 15 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
04-09-2010
V.I.P.

yeah, i agree. i never really cared about their clothes which is good because i don't want to be distracted by the clothes when it's about the story and especially in these last two movies it would be implausible for them to wear fashionable clothes when they're on the run and don't want to attract attention.
and i personally think the wardrobe is pretty spot on in these movies, they're normal teens who don't care about fashion

04-09-2010
V.I.P.

^The wardrobe is fantastic. Most of their clothes are designed and made by costume designer, Jany Tamime, and she does a wonderful job of designing the clothes to fit the character's personality.

Oh and just in case it wasn't mentioned previously...Jenny Packham designed Hermione and Fleur's dresses for the Bill/Fleur wedding in movie 7.

mugglenet.com
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by sobriquet87; 04-09-2010 at 02:48 PM.

04-09-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Tofana View Post
Please fans, don't beat me up for saying this but Hermione has the most boring wardrobe as a character ever. You'd think they could make her a bit more classy, modest yet elegant but NO, it's always jeans and the most boring one-coloured tops and now there's these pants. Ugh.
She's this geeky girl that doesn't know about fashion (especially since she spends her preteen and teen years in the wizarding world, without exposure to muggle dress). She's on the run from practically everyone. With the dueling, camping, etc, she doesn't have much time to think about what she wears, and anything "elegant" is going to get ripped and dirtied anyways.

I think the wardrobe (aside from Ron's stuff, but I can definitely understand the logic behind his clothing) is very well-done and suits the movie. It's very raw, spontaneous, and believable.

04-09-2010
V.I.P.

I too think the costume design in the movies are outstanding. Gilderory Lockhearts three piece suits were amazing BUT I have two things that annoy me.

One why does she keep on putting Harry in old man suit jackets. He wouldn't wear them as he wears hand-me-downs which Dudley wouldn't wear and he's a teenager. It just doesn't work.

Two Hermione's two dresses. While they are pretty and Emma looked great. But why can't they be the colours they are in the book. It's not hard to buy those colours. Her ball gown was blue and her wedding dress was lilac not pink and red.

I know know I'm nitpicking but would just make it seem like the costume designer actually really really cares about the story and wants to get it right. I'm not the only fan that mentions these two examples either so I'm not alone.

04-09-2010
fashion insider

Fleur's Yule Ball gown was one of my favourites. I'm also very, very fond of the Hogwarts robes. I was disappointed to see Draco Malfoy's boring dress robes, which were described to be of black velvet with a high collar which Harry thought made him look like a vicar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
Two Hermione's two dresses. While they are pretty and Emma looked great. But why can't they be the colours they are in the book. It's not hard to buy those colours. Her ball gown was blue and her wedding dress was lilac not pink and red.
Yes, I agree with this one. Stay in canon!
I can't explain for the ball gown but I think they chose the colour red to make her stand out more in the wedding and maybe to make the action scenes following that more intense.

05-09-2010
fashion icon

Red tends to be a more visually appealing color for most people, its the color which people see the fastest so during an action scene I could see how it might make it easier to see her.

05-09-2010
V.I.P.

^ No you guys are probably right. It does make sense especially when they get to Piccadilly Circus/Leicester Square and there's heaps of people around.

New stills -

Theleakycauldron, snitchseeker.com

I still trying to work out if the last one is drawn.

05-09-2010
fashion insider

Ahh, thank you. For some reason, I really like the first one with Sirius's mirror. I think I'd like to see a fashion ed like that.

05-09-2010
fashion icon

^I agree the picture with Sirius's mirror is really visually inspiring. That would be such a cool fashion editorial I think as well...

07-09-2010
V.I.P.

These pictures are AMAZING!!!
The cinematography keeps blowing my mind every film.
Posted via Mobile Device

07-09-2010
V.I.P.

The new stills are amazing! I'm so excited!

07-09-2010
V.I.P.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Stills

credit: cineplex.com

I'm pretty sure these ones have not been posted before.

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 07-09-2010 at 02:00 AM.

07-09-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post
Fleur's Yule Ball gown was one of my favourites. I'm also very, very fond of the Hogwarts robes. I was disappointed to see Draco Malfoy's boring dress robes, which were described to be of black velvet with a high collar which Harry thought made him look like a vicar.
Prof Snape has the best cloaks/robes in the movie See how tight the sleeves are ? And the buttoned-up feeling they give.

07-09-2010
V.I.P.

Here are some new DH character stills. The costumes look AMAZING:

Lucius Malfoy

Fenrir Greyback

Bathilda Bagshot

Random death eater

Bellatrix Lestrange

Scabior

mugglenet.com

07-09-2010
V.I.P.