How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-03-2011
V.I.P.

Lol. It looks like Voldemort is flipping Harry the bird! Love it!

I seriously can't wait for the movie!!

31-03-2011
V.I.P.

new deleted scene

31-03-2011
V.I.P.

^That was short. I can see why they cut it, but it does explain why Hermione did that to her parents.

01-04-2011
V.I.P.

another

01-04-2011
V.I.P.

^Awww! That was so sweet!!
I can't wait to get the dvd on April 15th.

Also, some new footage from DH Part II was shown at CinemaCon and a couple of sites (particularly Comingsoon.net) have posted spoilerific reviews. I don't want to post it here, just in case some people don't to be spoiled, but the sounds amazing and very faithful to the books.

Also, David Heyman and David Barron revealed that DH Part II will be the SHORTEST HP film in the series at just over 2 hrs long.

mugglenet

01-04-2011
V.I.P.

Here's a new April's Fool joke from Fx. I so WISH this was real!!

PitangBlaloTV

01-04-2011
trendsetter

Oh that IS SO NOT FAIR!

I would watch that

01-04-2011
tfs star

this is probably old news to all but I just read it today. I am super sad that the last movie will be the shortest in length!! I didn't read a specific time of how long it will be but it was quoted to be the shortest of the bunch

02-04-2011
V.I.P.

i would so watch "The Aurors"!!!

and i don't actually care about the length, it's still over 2 hours long so it's not exactly a "short" movie.
as long as they do the story justice the duration isn't that important

02-04-2011
V.I.P.

don't know how to post the video, so only the link...
it's described as the opening scene od DH2 (needless to say, SPOILERS)
http://living-death.tumblr.com/post/...f-harry-potter

02-04-2011
V.I.P.

ALL deleted scenes

02-04-2011
V.I.P.

***SPOILER ALERT!****

Here's a very detailed description of the Deathly Hallows footage that was shown at CinemaCon:

Quote:
The footage opens with a whisper. Ralph Fiennes’ Voldemort: “Harry… bring him to me.”

Then Harry, Hermione, and Ron are in a room talking to the rescued wand-maker Mr. Ollivander (John Hurt), who assures the boy wizard: “He’s after you Mr. Potter. You really don’t stand a chance.”

Harry responds, defiantly: “I suppose I’ll have to kill him before he finds me, then.”

There was footage of a battle with the white dragon, and Hermione cries, “We can’t just stand here. Who’s got an idea?”

“Don’t ask us,” Ron squeaks. “You’re the brilliant one!”

“I’ve got something, but it’s mad,” she says, and before she can explain it she dives through a stone archway onto the back of the beast.

The footage then cuts to the hills outside of their old school, now occupied by Snape and the Death-Eaters. “We need to get into Hogwarts tonight,” Harry says, but Hermione thinks he’s being rash.

“We can’t do that. We have to plan. We’ve got to figure it out,” she says.

But Ron decides they should just charge in, fearless. “Hermione, when have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose!”

Here, the footage takes a more melancholy turn. The camera scans over a hallway full of bodies, not lying peacefully, but scattered and broken with blood smearing the floor. Voldemort’s voice says: “You have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. Join me in The Forbidden Forest and confront your fate.”

In the forest, Harry finds the images of those Voldemort meant, the people who have given their lives for him: His mother, father, godfather Sirius Black…

“Why are you here, all of you?” he demands.

“We never left,” his mother whispers.

“You’ll stay with me?” Harry’s voice is high and fearful, while the ghosts are soothing and calm.

“Always,” his mother says.

“Until the end,” adds his father, which is as ominous as it is reassuring.

What follows is a scene already released in the teaser trailer in which Harry faces Voldemort unarmed, ready to sacrifice himself as the final horcrux keeping his nemesis alive. “Harry Potter, the boy who lived… come to die,” Voldemort says before the almost disappointingly easy slaying. Potter dies without a fight. But ..

Rowling’s vision of the afterlife is a white void, and Harry finds himself facing his mentor, the late headmaster Albus Dumbledore, slain by Severus Snape, who says, “You brave, brave man… ” It’s a simple line, but loaded with meaning for someone known as “The Boy who lived.”

“You are the true master of death, Harry,” Dumbledore tells him, and Potter finds that because he died willingly, he will be able to go back.

In the next scene, he is facing Alan Rickman’s Severus Snape in the Great Hall of Hogwarts, challenging him as thousands of students look on. “How dare you stand where he stood!” Potter screams. “Tell them how it happened that night. How you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and KILLED him!” Anyone who knows the story can read layers of reaction on Snape’s face.

More battle unfolds, as the two armies clash over the battleground of the school. “Let’s finish this the way we started,” Potter tells Voldemort, grabbing him as they both tumble over a cliff as Potter’s voice echoes: “… together… “

But the truly heartbreaking line comes just before the end, as Potter says, “I never wanted any of you to die for me.”

This is what makes the story resonate so deeply. No matter the victory, or whether he lives, this is a character who knows he has survived because others have not. He might wish it was otherwise, but even his world doesn’t have that kind of magic.
I read most of it and all I have to say is

entertainmentweekly

03-04-2011
V.I.P.

DH2 test screening review (no spoilers)

Quote:
Thanks to MuggleNet reader Mercedez, we heard about a mysterious test screening taking place in Chicago this weekend. Based on test screenings WB has held for Potter in the past, we assumed that the time and place was right for this one to be Deathly Hallows - Part 2.

We were very nervous going into the screening as we still didn't know whether or not it was Potter. Once director David Yates had entered we knew we were at the right place. He was joined by producers David Heyman and David Barron and editor Mark Day.

Since this screening took place so far in advance, we know you don't want to be spoiled. We're keeping this report as spoiler free as possible. A separate report will follow at a later time with spoilers if you wish to read them.

The film was exactly two hours in length. The plot line followed the book plot line better than the other films had. While you may think that two hours is short (especially compared to the other films), we actually found it to be a very satisfying length.

Fans will be pleased with the adaptation when it comes to the crucial scenes, but at least one important scene left us feeling underwhelmed.

The large majority of this film is the Battle of Hogwarts. As interviews had revealed in the past, the battle itself is close to a hour and keeps an impressive pace. Intermixed with the fighting is, like in the book, Harry's hunt for the remaining Horcruxes.

It was interesting to watch Voldemort and Harry's reaction to each Horcrux being destroyed. In the book we see Voldemort's rage as he realizes what is going on. This is brought across nicely in the film.

Unlike in the book, we get to go to the Chamber of Secrets with Ron and Hermione.

You'll find that the filmmakers attempted to insert humor into the plot at some points. While the book doesn't strive for those laughs, the film does. It's understandable that the filmmakers did this as it's what makes a good movie. There are a couple of times where the laughs - in at least one of our opinions - was not needed. This part of the story is obviously very serious and the large amount of action makes up for the need for a laugh or two.

Two surprisingly prominent characters in this film were Neville and Professor McGonagall. They both have shining moments that will get the theaters cheering.

Harry's decision to go to Voldemort is easily one of the best moments of the film. You're pulled into his realization and execution and it will make you emotional.

The Epilogue is bittersweet, but several people who saw the film say they wanted to see more.

Snape as Headmaster is great. Alan Rickman puts on his Snape character more than ever when it comes to the way he speaks.

An interview with Ciaran Hinds suggested that Aberforth Dumbledore's role in this movie was a "blink and you'll miss it appearance". This is not the case. You see Aberforth for a good bit of time, but there are adjustments from what's in the book.

Overall, this film is quite the thrill and will live up to the expectations of most fans. A couple of changes left us bothered, but we won't get into those here. More to come!
mugglenet

03-04-2011
V.I.P.

^ dude that's full of spoilers lol.

All those deleted scenes should never have been taken out. I just don't get why they didn't think they were important enough. All their excuses are bullocks.

The Dursley's and Ron explaining the Taboo would have made the story make more sense to people who don't read the books.

03-04-2011
V.I.P.

i think they mean the spoiler free thing as not saying which scenes exactly they're talking about when saying they were changed too much or cut have been cut or whatever. obviously people who go here or to mugglenet know the storyline.

i don't like the Dudley scene because the padding looks ridiculous, but all the Dursley scenes were touching and shouldn't've been cut, as well as the "taboo" scene

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, harry, official, potter, thread