The Official Harry Potter Thread #2 - Page 8 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
03-07-2010
fashion icon

I really like that their are similarities between the first and last movie poster it seems to tie it all together. Although it does make me rather sad, especially the tag line "it all ends here" I cant believe that its finally the end.

05-07-2010

I think my main problem with seventh book was that there was not end chapter. I mean every other book there were kind of conclusion chapter (usually on the train) but the seventh book was only "xx years later crap", real story ended just after battle. I would like that Rowling would have written just one more chapter after battle (and maybe miss whole years later stuff, but I can live with that). I have always liked last chapters of Harry Potter, the sixth was maybe my favorite.

05-07-2010
V.I.P.

Annu - I too love the final chapter of HBP. It was so good with Ron and Hermione stating that they were going along with Harry to the very end. I wish they had of kept that scene in the movie. Kloves made Ron look like he was sulking in the corner instead of joining in.

I too wish there was a bit more to the last chapter in DH. I really wanted some interaction between Harry and Ginny not just him going off to bed. The hero deserves a kiss from his girl.

I for one love the epilogue and get sick of the hate. People on non HP blogs go on and on about how everyone hates it. Well newsflash not everyone does. I didn't know anyone hated it until 2008. Sure there are some that wanted more details etc but I've never read HP fans extreme displeasure for it on HP boards like I did on non HP blogs.

And I'm warning anyone who sits in front of me at the cinema if they complain or get up when the epilogue starts cause they don't like it I will smack you down. If they ruin the experience I will be so mad.

I'd love to interview Kloves. My first questiong would be "So what's your problem with Ron, why do you hate him" and when he replied "I don't hate Ron". I would fire back with "Well the majority of fans think you do especially since you dumb down his character and gave all his lines to Hermione". I'm guessing I'd probably get kicked out after that but if not I would then go into "Why do you keep on adding unnecessary scenes like burning down the Burrow when they are not needed or wanted".

Last edited by Label Basher; 05-07-2010 at 04:44 AM.

05-07-2010
fashion icon

Label Basher I would love to read an interview with Kloves like that! It would be so amusing although I don't doubt that the interviwer would get kicked out before it was over with questions like that! I also liked the epilogue, although it would have been nice to have another chapter before it but overall I really liked how the book ended. In away it was a bit of closure, it showed the reader that Harry and the gang were all right, and they went on to have happy successful lives.

06-07-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
I wish I could find more. We need more of these they are hysterical.
Well, it's very easy to get Mean Girls (very quotable movie) pics, but it's hard to find some general humor. If you want I'll post more later, because there's a lot.

For example, these all come from f*ckyeahhpmeangirls.tumblr.com (I don't think they're that good to be honest)

Man, just looking at this post gives me a headache!

06-07-2010
fashion icon

^ohhh funny! Keep them coming...

06-07-2010
V.I.P.

Oh I love Harry Potter vrs Mean Girls. I have heaps of them saved. This is the best (wish is was bigger).

ONTD Livejournal

06-07-2010
V.I.P.

Harry Potter vrs Clueless

ONTD Livejournal

06-07-2010
V.I.P.

This is so good -

“Let me tell you something about Tom Riddle. We were teacher and student in middle school. I know, right? It’s so embarrassing. I don’t even… whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first enemy Grindelwald, who was totally gorgeous. But then I had to defeat him, and Tom was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow him off to duel with Grindelwald, he’d be like “Why didn’t you fight me back?”. And I’d be like “Why are you so obsessed with me?”. So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-Muggle sympathisers pool party, I was like “Tom, I can’t invite you because I think you’re Lord Voldemort “. I mean, I couldn’t have a Dark Lord at my party. There were gonna be people there in their muggle clothes. I mean, right? He was the Dark Lord. So then his mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then he dropped out of society because no one would talk to his disembodied soul, and he came back in the fall for the second Wizarding War, all of his hair was cut off and he was totally weird, and now I guess he’s got Horcruxes.”

:p

06-07-2010
V.I.P.

THis is so cute (unlike the Twilight ones) -

ONTD

06-07-2010
V.I.P.

Twilight vrs Harry Potter/Mean Girls -

"Let me tell you something about Edward Cullen. We were best friends in middle school. I know, right? It’s so embarrassing. I don’t even… Whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first girlfriend Cho who was totally gorgeous but then she started getting all weird over her dead boyfriend, and Edward was like, weirdly jealous of her. Like, if I would blow him off to hang out with Cho, he’d be like, “Why didn’t you write me back?” And I’d be like, “Why do you sparkle in the sun?” So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-wizard quidditch party, I was like, “Edward, I can’t invite you, because I think you’re a fairy.” I mean I couldn’t have a fairy at my party. There were gonna be people there who could see him. I mean, right? He is a FAIRY. So then his dad called my god-father to yell at him, it was so retarded. And then he dropped out of school because no one would talk to him, and he came back in the fall, and he was dating this stupid bimbo and she was totally weird, and now I guess they’re vampires."

It's even more funny.

06-07-2010
V.I.P.

More HP vrs MG

ONTD Livejournal.

06-07-2010
V.I.P.

Ron and Hermione forever

ONTD.

07-07-2010
V.I.P.

^ love the last one

07-07-2010
V.I.P.

Okay found some from HarryF***ingpottertumblr I went back to see if they are reposts but I'm tired so sorry if they some are

1268451206901112.jpeg

tumblr_l1ci62ynUP1qamupio1_500.png

tumblr_kzx2z8avIB1qzgtwio1_500.png

tumblr_l1dpvzvAJg1qamupio1_500.png

tumblr_l1ej5u986J1qavsxzo1_400.gif

tumblr_l1elfezHtl1qaeajko1_500.jpg

tumblr_l1jmph0TS51qa1yijo1_500.gif

tumblr_l1wp1k3u5b1qa1yijo1_500.gif

tumblr_l1yyjkqm6S1qa1yijo1_500.gif

tumblr_l13akmQsHU1qaakfwo1_500.png

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »