How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-03-2010
V.I.P.

Dh Update
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

SPOLIERS FROM SHOWEST -
it's not like you don't know what happens but if you don't want to know then scoll past ok.

From cinemablend.com - Even Unfinished, Harry Potter 7 Looks Fantastic

It was pretty bold of Warner Bros. to show off as much of Harry and the Deathly Hallows as they did, given that much of the effects work was unfinished and a major character-- Ralph Fiennes' noseless Voldemort-- had dots on his face marking the future digital alteration that really makes him who he is. But they weren't just bold in what they showed us, but how they did it-- the first scene of the extended trailer was Harry and Voldemort's confrontation in the woods outside Hogwarts. Harry, bloodied and visibly terrified, approaches a cold Voldemort (flanked by Bellatrix Lestrange); Voldemort taunts Harry, "The boy who lived, come to die."

The footage shown came from all sections of The Deathly Hallows, so it's impossible to tell where they will split up the two movies. We saw little bits of everything, from the seven Harry Potters escaping from the Dursleys house (totally surreal) to the attack at Bill and Fleur's wedding to the escape from Gringotts on the pale dragon and even Hogwarts on fire. With unfinished effects it's hard to really say how it all looks, though some of the most effective moments were the simplest-- Ron and Harry's fight in the tent, Harry visiting his parents' graves, running away from the Snatchers in the woods, Harry defiantly telling Voldemort that he stays alive "because I have something worth fighting for."

Basically, it's hugely exciting for anyone who's a fan of the book-- but that's been the case for every Harry Potter trailer and sneak peek thus far, so why should we have expected anything different. The cool, smoky cinematography that really marked Half-Blood Prince seems to be continuing in this one, and the newfound acting we saw in many of the young actors will likely be coming in handy. There was no sign of some of the key characters, like Draco Malfoy and Professor McGonagall, but I expect just as much good stuff from them too.

One odd moment-- one of the final shots was of Hermione riding a broom, by herself, escaping from a fireball that's likely the curse that Crabbe and Goyle set off in the Room of Requirement near the end. Did Hermione ever ride a broom by herself in the books? Is this a change that will mean something bigger, or just something convenient so the movie doesn't have to bother explaining that Hermione isn't good on a broom? It's the kind of nitpick that only the geekiest Harry Potter fans will ever care about-- but that's what you have me for, isn't it?

From collider.com - HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS

For the final part of the presentation, Alan Horn gave everyone a special treat as he premiered a ton of footage from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. He started off by telling everyone that the footage was very raw and unfinished and he wasn’t exaggerating. The footage started with Voldemort walking in the forest with all of his followers around him. He was looking for Harry. While I assumed the footage was going to be just from the first Harry Potter movie coming this November, I think the opening was from part 2 and it was from the big climatic battle between Harry and Voldemort! I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

So we see Harry coming towards Voldemort partly beat up and with a look of nervousness. It was then we cut away…

The thing to know is the footage was very rough. All over Ralph Fiennes face were blue dots so they could take away his nose in post production. It was incredibly cool to see.

I’d say in total the footage was 4-7 minutes but I could be off. Other bits of footage were Harry, Ron and Hermione in the forest fighting as Ron tells Harry that since he already lost his family his pain isn’t as important (or something like that). We also saw tons of pre-viz mixed in with shot footage like Harry flying with Hagrid and Voldemort chasing him with other Death Eaters. I also saw a scene of all the Harry’s from the beginning of the book. Other bits were the kids in London walking around, Bill Nighy as Rufus Scrimgeour, Harry and Ginny kissing, Snape at a very large table with Voldemort and his followers telling him that Harry will be brought to a safehouse where it would be hard to get him (the beginning of movie 1), and so much more. Some of the footage looked like it was done and some was very rough. The only thing I knew for certain after watching the footage was the movie is going to be amazing and I am so happy the last book is in two parts.

The trailer ended with the info of when the movies are getting released and how they’re both in 3D. Which is awesome.

Last edited by classicalbang; 28-03-2010 at 11:12 PM.

28-03-2010
fashion insider

Does anyone lives near the new theme park?

29-03-2010
front row

I'm in Orlando for the next couple of months, though I'll probably wait a little to go after is open so as not to fight the big crowds. I have to say I'm a little apprehensive about the theme park. I hope they can properly pull it off.

03-04-2010
fashion icon

I'm bored so here's a picspam of the different book covers

ONTD

03-04-2010
rising star

Book 1 and 7 are my favorites. I'm so excited to see the last movie. But quite nervous too, since it's the last one and they need to make it amazing!

22-04-2010
trendsetter

:

ginia @ tumblr and something deeper @ xanga (via The Photo of the Day #3 thread)

24-04-2010
V.I.P.

oooh I want to add one
1269294482531003.png
imagefave/mit

24-04-2010
fashion icon

Here's another one.

ontd

24-04-2010
trendsetter

omfg lmfao

brilliant!

24-04-2010
V.I.P.

I wish I could find more. We need more of these they are hysterical.

24-04-2010
V.I.P.

Those are funny!!! :p

I'm so excited to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!!

25-04-2010
backstage pass

OMG I love love love those! They just made me otherwise very crappy day.

25-04-2010
backstage pass

lolhp.tumblr.com

25-04-2010
V.I.P.

^

30-04-2010
fashion icon

ooohhh i love the one mocking R-Paz... its so funny!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, harry, official, potter, thread