How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-06-2011
V.I.P.

Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
Thank you.

So many owls now!!!

my screenshot

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 22-06-2011 at 02:22 PM.

21-06-2011
V.I.P.

^I love all of the owls. lol

I hope the news is something Harry Potter encyclopedia/book related.

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 21-06-2011 at 08:58 PM.
22-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
It might mean something that the time of the video is at 0:09/1:13. September 1, 2013? 1 January, 2013? Or maybe we're supposed to add/subtract? If it means anything, the Hogwarts Express always leaves the platform on September 1 (which somehow always happens to be a Sunday in the HP world), though 2013 seems a tad too far away. Maybe the owls gathering imply a Hogwarts letter?
someone calculated that Sept 1 2013 would be James Potter II's first day at Hogwarts!
the only thing i find weird about it is that this is the American way to write a date. in Britain you would write 1 Sept 2013, since JK and the Potter books are British/based in Britain, why write the date the American way?!

i have one question that doesn't have anything to do with Pottermore:
i only have the Bloomsbury books, but i've always seen editions on the internet that have a little drawn picture on the first page of every chapter. are those the American versions? if so, can someone tell me if those are the normal ones or special editions? also, hardcover or paperback? i'm thinking about buying them, they look so nice!

Last edited by Alvedansen; 22-06-2011 at 03:35 PM.
22-06-2011
tfs star

who else would have been reduced to a puddle of tears if they would have chosen this kind of opening for the final trailer!?

(first 30 seconds)

23-06-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
who else would have been reduced to a puddle of tears if they would have chosen this kind of opening for the final trailer!?

(first 30 seconds)

Oh God- ME!!! I'm seriously choking up right now just watching it and it's not even the real trailer. Watching the montage of them growing up makes me remember that I've grown up too. I'm the around the same age as the actors and started reading the books when I was quite young. It finally feels like my childhood is ending. Anyone else feel the same way? And I don't want it to go away but I guess whenever I need a dose of childhood I'll watch the movies and read the books. Also, has everyone gotten their tickets for the film? I bought mine a few days ago- cannot wait!

V.I.P.

1 minute!!!!

don't know how to embed the video

http://www.youtube.com/JKRowlingAnnounces

nooo! another wait til October
beautiful video and i can't wait for the site to open

Last edited by Alvedansen; 23-06-2011 at 07:03 AM.
23-06-2011
V.I.P.

It was SO cool and well done how they did this.
I love how the video appeared right at 0 secs and she looked amazing.

I'm still about 90% confused about what it is, but it sounds AWESOME!!!!
From what I gathered, it's going to be an online/interactive experience of reading the books.
And it sounds like she's going to incorporate the encyclopedia into this?

23-06-2011
V.I.P.

on mugglenet they just read some press release, can't remember everything. but they said you can join the site under a username and get sorted into a house and make potions to help your house win and you move through the site chapter by chapter? (from what i remember) so i guess it is some kind of online Hogwarts?! are my wishes coming true??? not sure yet, i'll wait for more news

23-06-2011
V.I.P.

pics from pottermore

eiseena.tumblr.com

23-06-2011
tfs star

the announcement video is up, but it's not clear what its all about to me. Other than a place to buy the ebooks of it, probably so they don't have to share profits with Amazon or whoever else

23-06-2011
tfs star

oh wait, Pottermore website will be the ebook, only enhanced, maybe that's it

23-06-2011
V.I.P.

embedded video and press release i was talking about

Quote:
In the new website, the storyline will be brought to life with sumptuous newly-commissioned illustrations and interactive ‘Moments’ through which you can navigate, starting with the first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s (Sorcerer’s) Stone. On entering, you choose a magic username and begin your experience. As you move through the chapters, you can read and share exclusive writing from J.K. Rowling, and, just as Harry joins Hogwarts, so can you. You visit Diagon Alley, get sorted into a house, cast spells and mix potions to help your house compete for the House Cup.

At a press conference at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London, Rowling revealed some key features of the website. In an announcement which will thrill fans, she described how she has brought to life both the Sorting Hat and Ollivanders experiences from her books for the first time on Pottermore, by revealing the questions asked by the Sorting Hat - which places newcomers into their Hogwarts houses according to their characteristics - and the magic behind the Wand Chooser – which finds the right wand for each user from over 33,000 possible combinations. She also revealed glimpses of the new information she has provided on some of the best-loved characters

23-06-2011
backstage pass

^Thanks!

Quote:
J.K. Rowling: Thirteen years ago after the first Harry Potter book was published, I'm still astonished and delighted by the responses the stories emit. Even though the seventh book and the eighth film have now been completed, I'm still receiving hundreds of letters every week, and Harry's fans remain as enthusiastic and as inventive as ever.

So, I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you, because no author could have asked for a more wonderful, diverse, and loyal readership. I'm thrilled to say that I am now in a position to give you something unique: an online reading experience unlike any other. It's called 'Pottermore'.

It's the same story, with a few crucial additions - the most important one is YOU. Just as the experience of reading requires that the imaginations of the author and the reader work together to create the story, so Pottermore will be built, in part, by you, the reader.

The digital generation will be able to enjoy a safe, unique online reading experience built around the Harry Potter books. Pottermore will be the place where fans of any age can share, participate in, and rediscover the stories.

It will also be the exclusive place to purchase digital audio books, and, for the first time, e-books of the Harry Potter series. I'll be joining in, too, because I will be sharing additional information I've been hoarding for years about the world of Harry Potter.

Pottermore is open to everyone from October, but a lucky few can enter early and help shape the experience. Simply.... Follow the owl.

Good luck.
snitchseeker.com

Last edited by immortalbliss; 23-06-2011 at 08:11 AM.
23-06-2011
V.I.P.

^i've read those lucky "few" will be 1 million?!

ontd

also
Quote:
"From Professor McGonagall's love for a Muggle as a young woman, to how the Dursleys met; from new information about Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff houses, to details about wand wood, the fresh Potter background from the author already stretches to 18,000 words, with more to come."

23-06-2011
backstage pass

sounds like a kind of online interactive Potter community with role play elements? (getting sorted into a house etc.) sounds like an awesome tool to enhance my procrastination skills!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, harry, official, potter, thread