How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-12-2011
backstage pass

I love LOVE this show, and for the first time ever for me, the main draw are the villains, both Lana Parrilla and Robert Carlyle are doing such a terrific job portraying both the fairytale and "real" characters! And even if we're supposed to hate Regina, the way the writers and Lana are layering her, it's hard not to feel something for her and wonting her to find redemption in the end. She's a murderer but she's not a cold one, in both scenes were she kills her father and Graham, she's crying, Regina is not just one dimensional evil character there is depth in her, and I can't wait to see her back story revealed and the whys she felt that she needed to walk the path of destruction that she choose.
And Mr Gold is a very intriguing character showing up in the most unexpected places.

16-12-2011
fashion insider

^Her victimisation of Graham makes it quite EASY for me to NOT feel anything for her. I hope they don't try to redeem her.

16-12-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by advo View Post
^Her victimisation of Graham makes it quite EASY for me to NOT feel anything for her. I hope they don't try to redeem her.
I agree, advo. Lana's performances are good at empathy, but in the end, it would be much more interesting if she stayed a stone-cold villain. SO EXCITED to hear there is more Mary Margaret and David stuff coming up--that means Snow and Prince Charming too! LOVE THIS COUPLE!

Any word on how many episodes are in the season, littlepaperstars? It is usually 21 or 22. And when will they break for the holidays?

16-12-2011
trendsetter

@LPS - Since you (the agency) represent Jamie, what's next for him?

16-12-2011
front row

THANK YOU Littlepaperstars!!!!! Very cool!!!!

16-12-2011
fashion insider

^^^Absolutely. I can feel certain degrees of empathy (not sympathy!) at certain times, due to how Lana gives Regina/EQ vulnerability but never EVER enough to make me wish for redemption. She has just crossed the line. I could never get over her sexual and power abuse over Graham which continued into the curse. And how she killed him the moment, he tried to break free of her shackles. I hate to be a cliché but if she had been a man... She's the kind of character that I will enjoy watching go down!

17-12-2011
trendsetter

I think Lana's doing a great job of presenting a layed evil character with depth and motivation, rather than just chewing the scenery evil. There's a lot more to come from her.

I believe they're shooting 22 epi's, but we only get the scripts with our guys in so to be honest I loose count! They're still shooting until next week.

Jamie has nothing concrete lined up, but there's a few things we're looking into, probably nothing remotely like Graham.

17-12-2011
fashion insider

^I can't help but think he would fit right in on FX or USA.

17-12-2011
backstage pass

the evil queen is irredeemably evil but she's not a cartoon character. lana is really good. i really like rumplestiltskin as well. robert carlisle is a great actor.

i hope jamie will have great offers. it's the first time i see him onscreen and i'd be happy to see him in other works.

17-12-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
I think Lana's doing a great job of presenting a layed evil character with depth and motivation, rather than just chewing the scenery evil. There's a lot more to come from her.

I believe they're shooting 22 epi's, but we only get the scripts with our guys in so to be honest I loose count! They're still shooting until next week.

Jamie has nothing concrete lined up, but there's a few things we're looking into, probably nothing remotely like Graham.
Thanks for answering my nosy little questions, littlepaperstars! As an aspiring actress, I just like to learn all I can, though I don't expect anything great as great and big as this show!

I agree about Lana and Robert's performances--they are great villains. I just saw on hypable that the next new ep will be about Rumplestiltskin! The more I see this show the more I love it!

18-12-2011
V.I.P.

I want Graham back!!! Can we sign a petition or something?? I'm only half joking!!

18-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
They're all great epis, there's definately some real surprises coming up and more of Mary Margret and David.
Good to know!
I love Mary Margret and David together! The two actors have real chemistry.

18-12-2011
V.I.P.

http://www.change.org/petitions/abcs...-the-huntsman#

I've found a petition!! Please abc make him come back!!

18-12-2011
V.I.P.

Wow! This is probably the sole best tv show I've ever watched.

19-12-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfreya View Post
http://www.change.org/petitions/abcs...-the-huntsman#

I've found a petition!! Please abc make him come back!!
That's hilarious. As I said in a previous post a few pages back, it's absolutely the end of Graham but there have been discussions about the Hunsman although nothing has been decided.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
time