How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2012
fashion icon

^That's what I got from looking at the stills from 1x13 too. But I also got a Lady of The Lake vibe from the pictures as well. Also, it has to be said once again, but the costumes on this show are fantastic.... I love the outfit Mary Margaret is wearing in #251.

21-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
Thank you so much! Do you have stills from 7:15?
Yes, I posted them a few of days ago. #238

21-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randhrshipper1 View Post
The stills from 1 x 13 make me think that the water nymph, or whoever she is, is changing appearances or trying to make Charming think she is Snow. (Hopefully, Charming won't be fooled--he has to know Snow wouldn't attack him! We know they get married in the fairytale world, so it all works out anyway!) Mary Margaret doesn't look happy, though. I guess we'll see what happens. Have to see Sunday's ep first! Also, good to see Ruby wearing actual pants--those short shorts had to be getting cold!

SO glad tomorrow is Sunday--CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS WEEK'S EP!!!
Yes, that is what I thought about episode 1x13 too! It seems like Prince Charming is being enchanted/fooled for a moment, but I imagine it doesn't last long.

It is funny that you mention the Lady of the Lake, YoninahAliza. I thought that too when I first saw the photos.

Anyway, I am very excited for the next few episodes of this show! They look really good. I love the Mary Margaret/Snow White and David/Prince Charming storyline. They have really good onscreen chemistry. I'm also interested to see what happens with "the stranger".

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 21-01-2012 at 08:28 PM.
23-01-2012
fashion insider

Grimm...maybe. I don't know. I doubt it.

Last edited by BaBorrow; 23-01-2012 at 05:00 AM.
23-01-2012
V.I.P.

LOVED last night's ep. The actors who play Snow and James have amazing chemistry...that story just works so well. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds when Emma, Mary and James realize they're a family.

Also, a lot of people seem to think the stranger is the one who wrote Henry's book.

23-01-2012
fashion insider

^I'm beginning to think that too, now that it's revealed he carries a typewriter and may have been in Storybrooke in the past. However, there has to be a catch to how he can come and go. Maybe he's both the writer AND Rumble's son?

The show was doing so well, but then they pulled the same old TV trope regarding a pregnancy. It annoys me whenever TV people are all like, a pregnancy is a dealbreaker. Which century are we in? He can be a father to his child AND be with someone else. But the moment, it turns out that there's no baby, it's okay then? What about the fact that he slept with her and has feelings for her too?

However, I have to give them major kudos for having James break off the marriage on his own. Now if only Snow hadn't drunk the potion, damn it!

23-01-2012
fashion icon

^Yes completely agree with you Advo. I was sort of annoyed about the whole pregnancy storyline... it's like really... what century are we living in??? Two people can have a child together but decide not to be together. It shouldn't be made into an issue like it always ends up being.

I hate to say it, but the reason why I'm sort-of okay with David and Mary kissing is because they really are married in fairytale world. Apparently I have a messed up logic. But at the same time I don't think it's fair to Kathryn for them to go behind her back. In the end someone's going to end up hurt. I was really touched when James was crying when Snow told him she didn't love him. How often do we see a male character cry on television? Hardly ever I think.

And as for the 'stranger' he has to somehow be related to the story.... as the writer or someone else. The thing that makes me wonder is Regina doesn't seem to know who he is either. And if he was the writer of the storybook then how does he know all these details?

Also, I've been thinking about the two worlds and I wonder are they parallel worlds? Or does one exist and the other not? Or something else? One thing I will say is I'll be super annoyed if/when the show ends that has terrible ending like Lost... they better not do something like that to us!

V.I.P.

I think the one confusing aspect is how time moves. I think I'm right when I say that before Emma came to town, time stood still in Storybrooke, right? I mean, Mary Margaret, James, etc...they've been the same age for 28 years (the length of Emma's age--because didn't the curse take hold soon after her birth?). Even Hansel and Gretel, if they existed in the other universe and then in Storybrooke, then they've been that age for a long time...no?

I know Henry said that Emma was the first visitor there, but technically, wasn't he the first person to enter Storybrooke via his adoption? He has aged, but that's mainly because he didn't have a life in the other universe. I guess...

23-01-2012
fashion icon

^That's a good point. It is a bit confusing isn't it? I'm really curious to see how they explain this. Especially the aging bit.... like when they eventually end up back in the fairytale world will they age super fast? Also, I hadn't thought about Henry, I would think he'd technically be the first person in Storybrooke. But maybe because Regina brought him to the town he doesn't count? I don't know. This show always leaves me asking a ton of questions!

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 23-01-2012 at 07:07 PM.
23-01-2012
backstage pass

^The worlds both exist--we're just getting bits of the pasts of each of these people as it pertains to whatever is happening to them now. All the fairytale scenes happened, we're just not seeing them in chronological order.

Now, as for last night's ep...WHERE DO I START?!?! I love how the drama kept Snow and Charming apart in the fairytale world--when Snow told him she didn't love him, it broke my heart--but we got a tiny happy ending in the real world. That kiss was PERFECT! As for the pregnancy thing, I don't think it's a dated plot device so much as a little reminder that these two are good people who would completely turn away from each other if child was involved. I think a lot of people would be saying "Charming/David is a horrible person if he leaves the mother of his child!" if that had happened. Right now, because they are actually already married as Snow and Charming, they are not technically cheating, but if Kathryn were pregnant, that changes the game. As for the mysterious stranger, I was hoping he'd be the writer of the book!! SO excited by that character and what it could mean.

Also, I was working most of my spare time today on a Snow/Charming fan video, if you all want to see it.

I have seen a LOT of great videos for this couple and the show in general. If you'd like me to post them here, just say so!

23-01-2012
fashion icon

^Ahh... okay thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess I'm overly worried that the writers are going to pull a stunt like they did with Lost and I don't think I'd take it very well. I'd hate to get really invested in the storyline and then for it all to have been a dream or something. That would be awful.

Also, that's a great video! Thanks for sharing it with us!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
^Ahh... okay thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess I'm overly worried that the writers are going to pull a stunt like they did with Lost and I don't think I'd take it very well. I'd hate to get really invested in the storyline and then for it all to have been a dream or something. That would be awful.

Also, that's a great video! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Aww, thanks, YoninahAliza! I really hope I did this couple justice with that video. I think I'll post one or two of the amazing videos for this show made by other vidders on YouTube soon. There are some stunning ones out there.

And, I understand your feelings about the storyline too. I ADORED Lost and thought that the ending really took a risk but turned out to be saying something profound about the way people affect each other's lives. But I could also understand feeling frustrated with how slightly ambiguous it was. This show I think is much more straight-forward. Though the fairytale scenes aren't in chronological order for the most part, I think there's proof enough now that Henry's entirely correct and the whole story actually happened. (We won't be getting flash-forwards, for instance.) I think the fairytale scenes simply serve as character development or plot foundation as needed. With great production values too, of course! (The costumes! )

24-01-2012
trendsetter

Great vid randhrshipper1 what program do you use to edit the video?

25-01-2012
backstage pass

THANK YOU, funkystar! I use Sony Vegas to edit my vids. I also have add-ins from New Blue for extra effects like the paint look I used.

In a couple of days, I'll post a few vids from other vidders for this show--I LOVE a few that are out there.

27-01-2012
backstage pass

OK, as promised, here are a few vids for this show from other vidders on YouTube.

This one is a Snow/Charming vid made after the third episode to a GREAT song. The vidder is MeliR143.

This is a Snow/Charming vid made after the 6th episode, by Luthien3333.

And this is a general Once Upon a Time vid, made after the 7th episode, also to an AMAZING song. This vidder is TheEllenRepublic.

I hope you all enjoy these. I love them and if you want to see more periodically, let me know!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
time