How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-01-2012
fashion insider

I thought the last episode was a bit boring.

Last edited by BaBorrow; 30-01-2012 at 09:00 AM.

30-01-2012
backstage pass

I enjoyed last night's ep. I think the revelation of how Snow's father died was a good thing to explore, and it just shows Regina/Evil Queen isn't going down without a fight, which was expected. I hope Emma isn't fooled by Sidney's fake help for long, and I am more certain than ever that the mysterious stranger in town wrote the book! CAN'T WAIT for an ep that's focused on him! And the Mary Margaret/David scene was SOOOO sweet!

Looking forward to Belle in the next new ep a couple of weeks from now.

30-01-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by randhrshipper1 View Post
I enjoyed last night's ep. I think the revelation of how Snow's father died was a good thing to explore, and it just shows Regina/Evil Queen isn't going down without a fight, which was expected. I hope Emma isn't fooled by Sidney's fake help for long, and I am more certain than ever that the mysterious stranger in town wrote the book! CAN'T WAIT for an ep that's focused on him! And the Mary Margaret/David scene was SOOOO sweet!

Looking forward to Belle in the next new ep a couple of weeks from now.
That was one of the few scenes that I did enjoy. Is it still considered cheating (in a way) at what they're doing?

30-01-2012
fashion icon

^I've been trying to justify that it isn't "cheating" in away because they are actually married in fairytale world. However, I'm still a bit doubtful and conflicted. Because obviously I want Mary Margaret and David together but at the same time it seems wrong the way they are going about things.

I wasn't crazy about this weeks episode... kinda boring. But it was interesting learning about Glass's backstory, I never would have thought that was how he ended up as the mirror. It's a bit sad too.... he just wanted to be loved but in the end he was betrayed. And now we finally know how Snow's father died too. I hope next weeks episode is more interesting then this weeks though.

V.I.P.

Sydney WHAT A BASTARD ! He really had me fooled!

31-01-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
^I've been trying to justify that it isn't "cheating" in away because they are actually married in fairytale world. However, I'm still a bit doubtful and conflicted. Because obviously I want Mary Margaret and David together but at the same time it seems wrong the way they are going about things.

I wasn't crazy about this weeks episode... kinda boring. But it was interesting learning about Glass's backstory, I never would have thought that was how he ended up as the mirror. It's a bit sad too.... he just wanted to be loved but in the end he was betrayed. And now we finally know how Snow's father died too. I hope next weeks episode is more interesting then this weeks though.
I'm annoyed because I think they just ruined a "fairy tale" romance with cheating. Regardless of if they are married "in reality" i.e the fairy tale world, they think he is married so he basically is. I'm disappointed that they took Show taking the high road and choosing to stay away until he had made a choice, and ruined that with making them cheat anyway.

31-01-2012
backstage pass

^It's interesting how you guys are viewing the Mary Margaret/David stuff. To me, the times he's with Kathryn are when he's cheating because HE'S MARRIED TO SNOW. I think that this relationship where they think they're cheating won't last long and they only started it to begin with because when they tried to stay apart and still couldn't, they realized they had to do something. I would have preferred them not to even think they're cheating too, but I trust that the plotting will work itself out. It's too early for them to be together with no problems, after all--only 11 eps into the first season!

31-01-2012
fashion insider

I disagree that he is cheating when he's with Kathryn. He doesn't know that he's married to Snow, therefore it cannot be considered cheating. He does however, think he's married to Kathryn so he "knows" he's cheating on her.
Posted via Mobile Device

31-01-2012
V.I.P.

The point of the show is to put these fairy tales on their heads and shake things up...having Snow White and Prince Harming be cheaters keeps in line with that, and is actually kind of hilarious if you think about it.

I did love how the Queen played Sydney and then he played himself when he got trapped in the mirror. That was awesome.

01-02-2012
backstage pass

^^Just because he doesn't know he's married to Snow doesn't change the fact that he IS married to her and not Kathryn. So technically, he IS cheating when with Kathryn. It's unfortunate that he doesn't know and therefore thinks he is cheating with Mary Margaret--it'll be a lot of unnecessary guilt for them. I think the FACTS of the situation mean more than just what David thinks is going on, because he said himself it feels like he's had two lifetimes, one with each woman--somewhere, DEEP down, a part of him recognizes his fidelity lies with Snow aka Mary Margaret, his real wife, despite his fake memories of Kathryn. He's unconciously following the truth of the situation, not the "truth" that the curse has forced onto him. But, again, I trust it will all work out in the end. I agree with LUXXX--it's the change-ups like this that add some interest to the concept of the show.

It'll be hard to wait until Feb 12th for a new ep, but this bit of casting news came today: http://www.hypable.com/once-upon-a-t...e-upon-a-time/

This is great casting, I think.

01-02-2012
V.I.P.

I´ve found tons of set pics taken by a canadian journalist, lots more at the source

flickr.com/photos/susangittins/sets/72157626994006407

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

Episode 1.12 - Skin Deep - Full set of Promotional and BTS Photos

spoilertv.co.uk

Last edited by Dora; 02-02-2012 at 03:05 PM.
02-02-2012
V.I.P.

spoilertv.co.uk

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Academy Award nominee Barbara Hershey has landed a mother of a role on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, as the very woman who brought the Evil Queen into this world — or, to be more precise, into the fairytale world.

Hershey, who is also an Emmy and Golden Globe winner for her role in the 1990 TV-movie A Killing in a Small Town, will first appear as the queen’s mum, Cora, later this season, with the option of also having a short arc in Season 2 (if/when the fantastical drama conjures up a renewal this spring).

Hershey’s Oscar nod came for her supporting role in 1996′s The Portrait of a Lady. Much more recently, she has appeared on the big screen in Black Swan (where she played Natalie Portman’s mother) and last spring’s horror-thriller Insidious. Her long film resume also includes The Last Temptation of Christ (as Mary Magdalene), Hannah and Her Sisters and Beaches, to name but a few.

The actress’ most recent TV credits include a 2010 installment of the British series Agatha Christie’s Poirot and the short-lived WB family drama The Mountain.
tvline.com

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

I'm still not 100% convinced about Emilie as Belle..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
time