How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-03-2012
backstage pass

I thought last night's ep was fabulous! The writers are really moving Snow and Charming forwar--LOVE the moment when they kissed and she got her memories back!!! I really wonder how close we'll get to seeing Snow eat the apple by the end of the season. I also think David accessing his Charming memories while under hypnosis is significant. The writers like keeping he and Mary Margaret apart, but that can't last too much longer--he remembered Kathryn giving them her blessing and she's back in ep 1 x 18. (Even if Regina now controls her after having ripped out her heart, Kathryn saying she no longer gives her blessing to David and Mary Margaret will only last so long. HOPEFULLY.)

Next week does look GREAT! I think getting Emma to believe in the curse is now a major storyline and it's progressing well. Also, GREAT NEWS...this post on Hypable reveals that Jamie Dornan will be back as the Huntsman in the season finale!!! Even if it's just as the Huntsman, he's back! http://www.hypable.com/2012/03/18/on...-jamie-dornan/

19-03-2012
V.I.P.

Next week looks like a lot of fun. This week, loved Bad Snow, singing a sweet song and then BAM! ...trying to kill the blue bird. Ha!

19-03-2012
fashion icon

^That part of the episode had me giggling. I didn't see that coming!

I really liked this episode because it definitely revealed key things essential for the story later on One scene that really stands out to me is between Henry and August at the diner. When August tells Henry that he believes I think it's the first real step for Henry finally having an ally. Because let's be honest, no one else really believes him, they all just think it's a fantasy. I'm dying to know who August is (I know he's "the writer")... if he's a completely original character like Emma or if he's based off of a fairytale. August is just so charming and I don't know why. I wonder if he will become a love interest for Emma? Looks that way. And poor Snow White and Charming... they are always thwarted in love!

V.I.P.

^I agree with everything you said about August. I am really interested to see what is going to happen with his character.

Jamie Dornan will be back in the finale!!! I'm so excited! I love him as the Huntsman!!!

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 19-03-2012 at 08:52 PM.
19-03-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
Next week looks like a lot of fun. This week, loved Bad Snow, singing a sweet song and then BAM! ...trying to kill the blue bird. Ha!
I thought bipolar Snow was funny, too.

V.I.P.

Yay for Jamie Dornan!! And I don't think Emma is a completely original character..her last name must certainly refer to sth..

20-03-2012
fashion icon

^Ohhh... I hadn't thought of that! So you think she might be from The Swan Princess (or is sth something else?)? That would be really interesting because that would mean her story has only happened in the real world and not yet in the fairytale world. Humm... things to think about.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfreya View Post
And I don't think Emma is a completely original character..her last name must certainly refer to sth..
Yes, I don't think she is a completely original character either. I mean, she is a fairy tale character, she was born in the fairy tale world to two of the most iconic fairy tale characters. Then there's her last name...

20-03-2012
backstage pass

I think the writers have said somewhere that Emma's only connection to the fairytale world is that she is Snow and Charming's daughter. She left the FTW when the curse hit directly after she was born, so she has no counterpart in the stories we know because her whole life has been in our world. It seems like if the writers do mean something by her last name, it isn't anything fairytale-related.

Last edited by randhrshipper1; 20-03-2012 at 05:27 PM.
20-03-2012
fashion icon

^I've been thinking of other "Swan" related things and one thing I thought of is the term, "swan song," which is a metaphorical phrase meaning the last effort/performance before death or retirement. So I wonder if the writers have already planned how they want the show to end... with Emma bringing back the fairytale world but at the cost of her own life. Also, a "swan song" is alluded to in Aesop fable's, "The Swan Mistaken for A Goose." So it also has roots in fables and fairytales. Whether or not this they end up true I find it fun hypothesizing about what the different meanings of characters names/stories/ect are. Apparently, I have too much time on my hands!

Oh btw, when I said swan princess in my post #337 I should I have said, do you think she is suppose to be the swan princess from swan lake? Swan lake is technically a ballet but it has it's roots in Russian fairytales. So it's sort of plausible.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 20-03-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: spelling
24-03-2012
backstage pass

^I can't see the writers killing Emma at the end-that wouldn't really mesh well with the happy endings of fairytales. I honestly think that Emma's last name doesn't mean anything story-related.

Here are the sneak peeks for this week's ep:

I think this will be a fantastic ep!

26-03-2012
V.I.P.

Last nights episode was good!
-I liked how the Mad Hatter came to be!!! (A sad story, as usual...)
-It was interesting how Wonderland was portrayed too. (Though I thought the special effects in Wonderland were really obviously fake, I think it was meant to look that way).
-I think that when Jefferson (aka Mad Hatter) fell out the window, he fell into the hat that Emma made and went back to the fairytale world. That's why only the hat was there after. Did anyone else think that?
-So Mr. Gold is really still on Regina's side? (I wonder if the appearance of Belle in Storybrooke will make him change his mind).
-Emma was looking at Henry's book at the end of the episode. She was looking at the pictures in the Alice in Wonderland section... It seemed like she noticed how much the Mad Hatter and Jefferson looked alike. Right down to the scar where he had his head chopped off in the fairytale world. Is something finally clicking in Emma's head?!

Anyway, I am interested to see the next episode!!!

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 26-03-2012 at 06:38 PM.
26-03-2012
fashion icon

I didn't really love this episode like I have so many others. I thought the Mad Hatter story was really interesting but at the same time it didn't really excite me. Also, I found it interesting that they used the story of the Mad Hatter (which makes me wonder if Alice will make an appearance... maybe she'll help reunite him with Grace? Or is Grace, Alice?) especially since it's not really a fairytale per-say. Well... not in the same way that Little Red Riding Hood or Snow White is I guess.

Although I definitely think he made it back to his world when Mary Margaret pushed him out the window through the hat. But it makes me wonder if he's still stuck in Wonderland in that world (so it's like a world-inside a world, inside another world... trippy, eh?). If he's still in Wonderland then which world would be better to suffer in... Wonderland or "the real world?"

It definitely looks like Emma's starting to connect the dots... hopefully she doesn't brush it off as uncanny details (like the Matter Hatters stitches on his neck in the book and in real life).

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
(so it's like a world-inside a world, inside another world... trippy, eh?).
I believe they call that 'Inception.'

This episode was okay. It was good enough for me.

YouTube/televisionpromos

Last edited by BaBorrow; 26-03-2012 at 09:34 PM.
26-03-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBorrow View Post
I believe they call that 'Inception.'
Touche touche. Actually that's what I was thinking of when I typed that sentence... gotta love Inception!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
time