How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-11-2012
backstage pass

^That caught my attention too, BaBorrow. What you say is VERY interesting--I guess we'll find out. I enjoyed the Emma and Hook interaction in the ep and seeing a piece of Emma's love life. I think next week's Ruby ep will be exciting.

06-11-2012
V.I.P.

-The Beanstalk episode was good. I enjoyed the interaction between Hook and Emma. I wonder if the fact that Emma left Hook will come back to haunt her. (I love Hook by the way. He's so hot! :p)
-I also noticed that Henry and Aurora had the same nightmare. I wonder what it means. Your thought about The Queen of Hearts is an interesting idea BaBorrow.
-Also! August said he would send a postcard to Neil if anything were ever to change with Emma's situation. It was Neil who received the postcard that said "Broken" in the season 2 premiere, so I think Neil will be coming to Storybrooke at some point in the future. (I wonder if Neil is just a normal person or if there is more to it than that.)

I hope that next weeks episode about Ruby/Red is going to be good!

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 06-11-2012 at 05:30 AM.
06-11-2012
fashion insider

Hook/Emma is so ridiculously forced! Not only was their total lack of chemistry cringe-worthy, but in addition there was the sh*tty CGI.

However, I like Neal/Emma. Very cute, and I'm glad he didn't screw her over. OTOH, August must be the worst guardian angel ever!

THANKYOUGOD, Aurora is finally getting a storyline. Even if it's with Henry *eyeroll*

Last edited by advo; 06-11-2012 at 06:33 AM.
06-11-2012
trendsetter

I finally saw the episode. I wasn't feeling Emma and Hook as much as I did when she was with Graham or even August but regarding the red room, I thought Aurora and Henry were looking at each other and were in the same room together. I'm not that informed on fairy tales but just what I thought. But the kid that plays Henry - OMG, I really hope he is taking acting classes along with this role.

Next week looks like it's gonna be one of those wow episodes.

06-11-2012
fashion insider

^In general, I honestly don't think Jennifer has that much chemistry with her male costars (despite their very high level of hotness). I never thought she and Graham had much chemistry until, like the last scene before he died. And I thought it was a romance that come out of nowhere. I skipped the August episodes since that was during a period where I didn't care for OUAT. I think the only guy that Jen has had smoking hot chemistry with it, is Jefferson! Not surprising since they are dating in real life... But I'm really feeling Neal/Emma because although not Jefferson levels of chemistry, there's a sweetness to their scenes that I enjoyed.

I think Aurora and Henry were looking at each other too in their dreams. And yeah, *prayer circle* that Jared is continuously getting acting classes because he's terrible!

Haha, I haven't cared for Meghan Ory since her Higher Ground days so I'm not a huge fan of Red like everyone else.

06-11-2012
trendsetter

I actually think Jennifer isn't that good of an actress anyway, compare her to the others on the show and she's just a bit above the Henry actor but they're both right at the bottom. But you're right, I am basing my ship feelings of Emma and Graham off that last scene.

Noooooo, Ruby is like one of the best after Regina and Rumplestilskin mind you LOL.

06-11-2012
fashion insider

LOL, I completely agree that Jen isn't a great actress. Lana and Robert are good actors but I still cannot like their characters. Never got over Regina's rape of Graham. Although 2.05 did make me feel slightly more sympathetic towards her because Rumpel was obviously manipulating her the whole time. Of course, my sympathy for her came with even more dislike for Rumpel.

Tbh, I only like Snow in the main cast and wouldn't have started to watch again if not for my girlcrush on Sarah Bolger. And then they had to go cast Colin for Hook. I adored them so much in the Tudors! Now all I want is a romance between Hook/Aurora and they throw him at Emma?!! Ugh.

I know my dislike for Meghan is irrational, lol. But I really, really disliked her character back in Higher Ground. If I could be bothered to watch the middle episodes of last season, I'm sure I would change my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by advo; 06-11-2012 at 07:27 AM.
06-11-2012
V.I.P.

I'm so glad Emma tricked Hook...I like their chemistry (although she seems to have chemistry with everyone) but it was smart to do. He would've betrayed her.

06-11-2012
V.I.P.

The only thing that annoys me in OUAT is how mediocre looking are most of the casted princesses, I mean that Bolger chick for Sleeping Beauty and most importantly Emilie de Ravin for Belle?!! I wouldn't look at them twice if I saw them on the street, nevermind as uncomparable beauties of fairytales
I guess fashion spot with all its amazing model forums has elevated my beauty standards :p

Last edited by melfreya; 06-11-2012 at 12:57 PM.
06-11-2012
fashion insider

I prefer acting skills over looks, so I don't mind.

06-11-2012
V.I.P.

^There are many other actresses who have both :p

06-11-2012
fashion insider

I've read on IMDB's episode list that the upcoming episode after Ruby's "Child of the Moon" is called "Into the Deep." It could be the Little Mermaid.

06-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfreya View Post
^There are many other actresses who have both :p
Really? Who? Mention a name and I'm sure someone somewhere will disagree. Because you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And actually, I think there are far more actresses in Hollywood who have only beauty and not acting skills.

I don't expect any humans to look like Barbie so why would I expect anyone to look like Disney cartoons?

06-11-2012
V.I.P.

^Because Disney princesses are fictional characters who base their whole appeal on their looks. They are unrealistic standards, but that's the truth. Secondly, you talk about acting skills like OUAT is a Haneke film or sth. It's a friggin' tv show about fairytales, I don't think it requires the best acting chops in the business to play a fairytale character. This last page alone argues about the wooden skills of many of its protagonists. A model played the Huntsman with bigger success than Jennifer Morrison does, imo. I used to hate Ginnifer Goodwin but in OUAT it's the first time she doesn't annoy me and actually impresses me.
But since you asked, here are some tv actresses examples who would be better for me as Belle and Sleeping beauty.
Belle: Evangeline Lilly, Alexis Bledel, Mandy Moore
Sleeping Beauty: Laura Prepon, Britt Robertson, Riley Keough
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by melfreya; 06-11-2012 at 08:05 PM.
06-11-2012
V.I.P.

And last thing, I never said the actreses playing these characters were ugly or sth, but they look pretty basic to me for someone that has to play Belle and Sleeping Beauty, for god's sake!
That's it, no more from me on the subject!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
time