How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-11-2011
V.I.P.

^Oooh, sounds interesting.

23-11-2011
tfs star

I didn´t see the cougarish side of the lady mayor coming...

24-11-2011
fashion icon

I really like watching Once Upon A Time. The show's pretty creative, mixing fairytales with reality. I like how they interweave the story lines together, like how Cinderella and Snow White knew each other. I guess when I thought of fairytales I never thought that the princesses would know each other but I like it. The last episode set up the next few episodes quite well I think too. Didn't see the last 10 mins coming with the Mayor though. What a devilish person she is!

V.I.P.

I think that the new episode will be good!!!

Small episode description from my tv:
"Henry puts himself in danger when he explores a sinkhole he hopes will lead to the fairy-tale world; and Jiminy Cricket wants to leave the family business."

Possible spoilers are in white

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 27-11-2011 at 12:39 AM.
27-11-2011
V.I.P.

The new episode was so good! I really liked it!

-It was was cute how Jiminy Cricket was originally turned into a cricket!!!
-The portal to the fairy-tale world really was in the old mines.
-Mary Margaret puts in her resignation letter at the hospital. NO! (She and Prince Charming were about to kiss when his "wife" showed up. I wonder what will happen with them now.)
-It's so creepy that Mr.Gold (aka Rumpelstiltskin) still has the puppets of those people.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 27-11-2011 at 10:09 PM.
28-11-2011
backstage pass

i'm addicted to this show! do we know what fairy tales will be explored next? i know we'll see the Beauty and the Beast and that the next episode is about prince Charming but that's all.

mr gold/rumplestiltskin is my favorite character. he's so creepy!

i'm not sure we saw the portal to the fairy tale world but apparently it was snow white's casket we saw at the end.

pongo was there!

i wonder if the queen remembers. i thought only mr gold remembered.

episode 6 preview

source : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnK3S...el_video_title

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

I was surprised that Jiminy's backstory was dark! I'm glad the show isn't shying away from the more gothic elements of fairytales.

Oh, and Charming's "wife" is totally faking.

28-11-2011
fashion icon

I thought this episode was so good. I like seeing how they turn the fairytale characters into their modern day counterparts. Who knew that Jiminy Crickets backstory was so dark. The way they weave the two together works really well. And I enjoy guessing who new characters are in fairytales. Also, apparently since Once Upon A Time has the same creators as Lost they have included a few references to the show... like the candy bar that Henry had in this last episode. I think that's pretty clever of them.

I'm interested in seeing if the mayor remembers life before she cast that spell. Also, something seems wrong with Charming's wife, I bet she was paid to pretend she was married to him by the mayor. Does anyone know how many episodes the show was picked up for, for the season?

trendsetter

There are a ton of Lost references, I listed a few a few pages back. There's also a million unspoken fairytale references. The best thing I can say from the scripts I've read, is that everything is relevant, never discount a glance or something in the background.

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

Oh, Spoiler...Entertainment Weekly is reporting in their recap today that Regina does indeed know everything.

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

^Yeah, I definitely thought that she did. 100%.

29-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
There are a ton of Lost references, I listed a few a few pages back. There's also a million unspoken fairytale references. The best thing I can say from the scripts I've read, is that everything is relevant, never discount a glance or something in the background.
That's one of the things I ADORE about thsi show--everything demands attention because it could be relevant later. The romance and drama of fairytales in general are timeless, and I think the writers are combing this with the modern story in a better way than anyone could have expected. Snow/Prince Charming, aka Mary Margaret/John Doe, are just amazing and I am eager to watch all kinds of beloved and familiar characters to show up. Emilie de Ravin as Beauty should be great!

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

Emilie de Ravin better not be blonde when she is playing Belle.

30-11-2011
fashion insider

^THIS, lol

And darn, all I wanted in the episode was for Snow and Charming to make out but they got interrupted by his faux!wife. Major ugh. Seriously though, so much chemistry between Ginnifer and Josh!

30-11-2011
backstage pass

belle is a brunette.

scroll fast if you don't want to see the picture

source tvguide.com

SPOILER
SPOILER

Emilie de Ravin is getting lost in a whole new fantasy world. On the Valentine's Day episode of ABC's Once Upon a Time, tentatively scheduled for February 12, the former Lost star steps into the slippers of Beauty and the Beast's Belle. "Emilie projects a very natural strength and warmth, which are characteristics we wanted to explore with Belle," explains Adam Horowitz, who, along with writing and producing partner Edward Kitsis, kicked off a six-year stint on Lost writing a Claire scene.
While this take on Beautywill veer from the traditional tale as old as time, Edward says Belle will interact with her father, crazy old Maurice, the brutish Gaston and, of course, the Beast. (Alas, no singing dinnerware.) "We have a fun spin on it," he says. Later this season, expect visits from Aladdin and his genie!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111127mag-emilie-de-raven1.jpg (31.3 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by Cinthia; 30-11-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
time