How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-08-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
Jack Nicholson
Huh!! have you seen him in Chinatown or the Passenger? Maybe now, kinda like deNiro but if you look at some of his performance it's hard not to respect him.

22-08-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by purexelegance
I don't know why at all... I feel really dumb saying this, but I just don't like his hair or the way he talks. And he seems really cheesy. Sorry for the bad explanation.
Don´t be sorry, I understand. I dislike a lot of actor for things like that. I what just curious about Matt Dillon

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Huh!! have you seen him in Chinatown or the Passenger? Maybe now, kinda like deNiro but if you look at some of his performance it's hard not to respect him.
Yes, I've seen those. I'm meaning he's acting in the last years has been overrated. He is always Jack Nicholson.

backstage pass

Quote:
Yes, I've seen those. I'm meaning he's acting in the last years has been overrated. He is always Jack Nicholson.
Oh can't disagree here, hmm come to think of it he was pretty good and definitely not Nicholson in "About Schmidt".

trendsetter

Quote:
i think jack nicholson is amazing. considering you can only do many roles with a distinctive face like his, he has variety.

fashion icon

I agree with whoever said Dakota Fanning

dlg

23-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrio
Sarah Jesica Parker...the worst actress I have ever seen...probably...

She's an actress?!

23-08-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernsky
i think jack nicholson is amazing. considering you can only do many roles with a distinctive face like his, he has variety.
i don't know why my sentence turned out like this..

i wanted to say there aren't too many types you can play if you have such a recognisable face like jack nicholson.

fashion elite

I'm wondering if some of you think some of the actors/actresses named are *really* "overrated"...or if you're thinking more along the lines of "overexposed".

B/c to me, "overrated" as far as ACTING goes means - they get a lot of hype and attention drawn to their ACTING ABILTIES (nothing else)..but you just don't see what's more special about their acting better than anyone else.

But some of the people mentioned (Sarah Jessica Parker for instance) have never been raved about concerning their acting abilities. So how could they be overrated? It's more like overexposed...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsAreMade
I'm wondering if some of you think some of the actors/actresses named are *really* "overrated"...or if you're thinking more along the lines of "overexposed".

B/c to me, "overrated" as far as ACTING goes means - they get a lot of hype and attention drawn to their ACTING ABILTIES (nothing else)..but you just don't see what's more special about their acting better than anyone else.

But some of the people mentioned (Sarah Jessica Parker for instance) have never been raved about concerning their acting abilities. So how could they be overrated? It's more like overexposed...
True. And Northernsky, I did get what you were saying

Nicholson was great in About Schmidt, maybe I was judging too quickly come to think of it.

Last edited by Whitelinen; 23-08-2006 at 08:57 AM.
23-08-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
She's an actress?!
You just hate her because of the million of women, usually lawyers or something of that nature, and came to New York just to live/be like her character in that awful show.

V.I.P.

I'm sorry...but I hate SJP as an actress...she doesn't deserve the money she got for that...so-called acting...

23-08-2006
V.I.P.

C'mon, would SATC actually have needed method actors? It was an entertaining tv show with some cool clothes, that's all. It was meant to be like that, just a silly show. None of the women in it could act, and everyone knows it.

V.I.P.

Yeah...ok....but have you seen other movies with this woman...?

23-08-2006
trendsetter

James Dean
Marilyn Monroe
Brad Pitt
George Clooney
Nicole Kidman
Tom Cruise
Jodie Foster
Jennifer Aniston
Julia Roberts

Previous Thread | Next Thread »