How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-08-2006
Iowa Girl at Heart

Overrated Actors
So there's an Underrated actors section, but not an Overrated one... how about we give it a try?

My pick for most overrated actor is Kevin Spacey. Sorry to all of those American Beauty lovers out there...

21-08-2006
V.I.P.

Russell Crowe
Gwyneth Paltrow
Nicole Kidman
Jude Law

rising star

Jennifer Aniston, i never understood why everyone makes such a big deal about her aside from being married to brad pitt and all.

Last edited by serena775; 21-08-2006 at 08:49 AM.
21-08-2006
V.I.P.

Yeah, well, can you call the things she stars in actually "films"? They are just Hollywood fluff.

99 % of Hollywood can't act.

V.I.P.

Russell Crowe
Jamie Foxx
Jude Law
Nicolas Cage
Renée Zellweger
Halle Berry

21-08-2006
V.I.P.

Gosh where to begin?!

Actually let me start with John Wayne. Don't. Get. It. Audrey Hepburn. Marilyn could eat her up for breakfast and spit her out for lunch talent wise. Of course it was a different type of acting. Grace Kelly = eye candy. Modern stars -Nick Cage, agree with Erin on Kevin Spacey, Hilary Swank (just because she was great in Boys Dont Cry doesn't make her an actress, it makes her a one hit wonder), Julia Roberts (ugh my pet hollywood dislike), Meg Ryan, Reece Witherspoon... I could go on.

I dont think Aniston is overrated! I thought her 'career' was a joke anyway. Still television actresses have a different art. She is a lovely tv actress as are Sarah Jessica Parker, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Katie Holmes etc. But branching into movies isnt always the best move.

21-08-2006
V.I.P.

^you are very right about Audrey Hepburn.

fashion icon

Barbra Streisand....actually she's an overrated singer as well.

dlg

21-08-2006
fashion insider

Jennifer Aniston, Eva Longoria , Halle Berry, Natalie Portman, Kiera Knightly.....

Iowa Girl at Heart

^ I agree on Eva.

21-08-2006
V.I.P.

keira knightley.

21-08-2006
V.I.P.

1. Nicole Kidman - she has the same schtick in every movie, lol. Looking sad and "mysterious" and moody.

Others
Russell Crowe - seriously, how many times has he played something other than "tough guy who's really good inside and has a heart of gold"?

Jaime Foxx - I'm not even going to touch the MOST UNDESERVNG Best Actor win ever. But really, the guy has ZERO talent.

21-08-2006
windowshopping

Natalie Portman, Reese Witherspoon (poor felicity...), Julia Roberts, Keira Knightley(i like her but oscar nom wtf?!) Hale Berry Gwyneth Paltrow Hilary Swank........all just really not that good

21-08-2006
fashion insider

I've always thought Scarlett Johannson was a bit overrated. Actually, I do like her, but I don't really see the big talent that all the critics are gushing about.

I also kind of like Natalie Portman, but she's overrated too. Totally overrated in "Closer" and "V For Vendetta"!! I thought she was wonderful in her bit role in "Cold Mountain" though, and of course in "The Professional."

21-08-2006
front row

Gosh, there are so many...
Angelina Jolie
Brad Pitt
Julia Roberts
Nicole Kidman
Keira Knightley
Most of them are just "stars," not "actors." Actors are for people like Ralph Fiennes, Robert De Niro, Sean Penn...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
actors, overrated