How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-10-2011
Stitch:the Hand

trevo,i agree with you in that. i like when shows have many different levels to it...not just some one-dimensional storytelling. six feet under was so great at capturing different narratives within one episode. and you're exactly right about maggie i think. in fact they made that very clear in the pilot that this was the career of the women in those days....something that could give women opportunities they otherwise wouldn't have. and the politics seemed like something maggie was very enthusiastic about. and hey in those days everybody was excited about kennedy....so really the character was only reflecting what that era was really like.

16-10-2011
scenester

Quote:
trevo,i agree with you in that. i like when shows have many different levels to it...not just some one-dimensional storytelling.
Six feet under was epic when it comes to series with more than one single level of story depth...
New series with a similar level are quite rare..

17-10-2011

it's not quite to the dynamics of six feet under,certainly not,but i appreciate what they're trying to embark on with this series. and hey it is about pan am and especially stewardesses and the pilots so naturally there's going to be multitude of occurrences. with the variety of personalities i can't imagine there being a central storyboard.

last night i have to admit i was switching back and forth in the first half hour as it was the season premiere of the walking dead. again,i really enjoy how everything is evolving with this show.

18-10-2011
V.I.P.

This show looks like it may be on its way to cancellation...unfortunately its drops haven't stopped from week to week.

18-10-2011
tfs star

no comparison with six feet under! that show was so captivating from the first ep...you just couldn´t stop watching....Alan Ball is just awesome...every move was so well plotted.

18-10-2011

i didn't mean that literally. just that element of sort of juxtaposing different narratives together in a single episode.

that doesn't sound so promising,LUXXX. the unfortunate thing and what i find a little bewildering is that pan am isn't really up against anything in that time slot except for 'csi: miami' which honestly i can't really see garnering that many viewers. and also that new showtime series 'homeland' which shouldn't make up for much considering it's premium cable.

19-10-2011
fashion insider

CSI: Miami gets approx. 10 million viewers... double the amount of Pan Am.

07-11-2011
V.I.P.

i thought last night's episode was very touching. I'm glad they are covering all aspects that took place in that time period

08-11-2011
V.I.P.

I think the blonde girl Laura (Margot Robbie) is the star of the show. It's been a long time since I saw someone that beautiful on a TV show. She truly looks like an old movie star.

11-11-2011
fashion insider

^^I can't believe that she's only 21.

11-11-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i agree, her beauty is just captivating. She stole the show from Ricci

V.I.P.

I heard Ashley Greene (from Twilight) will appear on Pan Am.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Pan Am Episode: “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang”:

Season 1, Episode 9
Episode Synopsis: In London, Ted connects with an old flame (Ashley Greene), and Kate gets in over her head on her last courier mission. Back at home, Dean takes Colette to meet his parents and the two start to realize their feelings for one another.
Original Air Date: Dec 4, 2011
Guest Cast Jim Coope: Bill Lowrey Ann Dowd: Marjorie Lowrey Ashley Greene: Amanda Mason John Bedford Lloyd: Capt. Dennis Damian Young: Mr. Bolger David Harbour: Anderson Chris Beetem: Chris Rawlings
tvguide

Quote:
Pan Am is about to introduce a woman from Ted’s past — and I mean his distant past. He and the newbie, Amanda Mason, were childhood playmates. Now, since she’s a senator’s daughter, he sees her as hoity-toity. The thing is, she’s not. So maybe a little somethin’-somethin‘ will develop between them over what is being talked about as a two- to three-episode arc.
Tune in to see Ashley on the show Sunday Dec 4th, 10|9c on ABC!
tvline

14-11-2011

apparently pan am is beginning to make some nice moderate gains in viewership. they said last night's episode was up from last week's episode. i had a feeling once the show got off the ground(no pun) and some necessary promotion,it would start gaining a wider audience.

unfortunately the show won't be back for three weeks with thanksgiving approaching and all. hopefully with the holidays it will have an even bigger audience as family will be round et al.

Last edited by Scott; 14-11-2011 at 03:40 PM.
15-11-2011
V.I.P.

Oh no, now that I have completely fallen in love with it....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
pan