How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-09-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Pan Am

nola.com
Quote:
A long-haul flight back to the distant century in which air travel is glamorous, comfortable and more than something to endure between points A and B. Stews and pilots rule these skies, and passengers dress up to go wheels-up. Oh, and the Cold War has never been hotter.
Cast: Christina Ricci ("Penelope"), Margot Robbie ("Neighbours"), Michael Mosley ("Justified"), Karine Vanasse ("Polytechnique"), Mike Vogel ("The Help"), Kelli Garner ("Going the Distance").

dearskysteward.com

26-09-2011
Stitch:the Hand

hope it will make it. it was a really great pilot episode. i love that 60's jet-set era. and christina was excellent although she wasn't as much a central character last night. but there are some really poignant issues in this show that's highlighted. such as the way women,especially flight attendants,were treated in those days. and also how empowered women felt wearing those uniforms. the spy elements were interesting also....i really had no idea flight attendants were used for such things in those days.

26-09-2011
V.I.P.

I loved it, and I also hope it lives to see another day. This is the first time I'm really giving network shows a shot, but I feel like all the shows I'm liking are doing poorly in the ratings.

26-09-2011
oh! darling

I missed it, but I look forward to watching this. This season on practically every basic cable network has a lot of potential. This show is one of them because I know we want to watch something classy like this without having to get cable. (I am speaking in terms of Mad Men.)

Is this show an hour long?

The only turn-off I have is Christina Ricci's acting. How was it?

fashion insider

Enjoyed it. The spy element is a little odd. Will have to see how that develops. So far, I like the main cast quite well.

26-09-2011
trendsetter

Haven't seen any of it yet, but I find the whole thing to be quite an interesting subject-Mad Men should bring a certain audience to it just for the fashion if nothing else. I knew a lot of flight attendants used to transport things we can't talk about here because their luggage was never searched but the spy thing is new.

26-09-2011
Stitch:the Hand

i dunno papa_levante.....she was pretty good for the little she was emphasised. i actually think christina is a wonderful character actress.....when she gets to dress up as opposed to sort of playing in her normal appearance. monster,pumpkin,the man who cried,sleepy hollow,addams family etc. she to me is sort of the female equivalent of johnny depp,imo. so this to me is a perfect narrative for her.

27-09-2011
front row

fashion related, here's the most comprehensive site of flight attendant uniforms

http://www.uniformfreak.com/index2a.html

27-09-2011
fashion icon

i was looking forward to seeing this series in toronto but i dont think they have it here in the uk

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

I was shocked how little Christina was in the first ep and she's getting paid $225K per episode!! Pays to be a film star slumming it.

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ Haha hit sure does, i mean i was shocked as well, because she did NOT seem like a main character at all! After all the major promotion she has been doing i thought its her show!

But whatever, i loved it, loved the stories, it was breezy, and fun in a sexy way. Sure it has its mistakes, and its nowhere near the league of Mad Men perfection, but this could turn out to be a nice show to watch.

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

imo: not bad, not great but has lot of potential. Iīm gonna keep watching to see where it goes. From the two new shows set in the 60s, itīs so much better than The Playboy Club...

27-09-2011
V.I.P.

i am watching it right now, and I am enjoying it so much. Such an interesting topic to make a series about. I really want a Pan Am bag now

27-09-2011
fashion insider

I looved the pilot and the cast is amazing. I just don't understand how the wife knew fot the affair.

27-09-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Does anyone else remember the closing shot where the stewardesses were walking around and there s a little girl looking at them, timeless! Loved the soundtrack too

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
pan