How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2011
fashion icon

^Thanks ChloeFrancoise!
Another reason why I like Parks and Rec is that it shows women in power. Leslie Knope is respected by most of her peers yet at the same time the show is realistic in it's portrayal of what politics can be like for a women. If a man was in Leslie's position, I don't think he would be asked to choose between his career or his significant other. But Parks and Rec does depict the struggles that Leslie has to endure but also the wonderful parts of her career/life too. Honestly, we need more women like Leslie Knope in fiction and real life too.

18-11-2011
V.I.P.

last night's episode sooooo good.
my favorite part is when Tom starts laughing and it signals
a group laugh. i started laughing because of it

26-11-2011
backstage pass

I literally teared up at the end of the last episode. I love Leslie and Ben together so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
If a man was in Leslie's position, I don't think he would be asked to choose between his career or his significant other.
Honestly I don't think this is a feminist issue. A man dating his boss would be in just as much danger of incurring a scandal as Leslie, particularly if he was running for public office.

I realize it's a sitcom so it won't always follow logic, but, if being together is their desire, Ben should move to a nearby town and work for the city there. Then he won't technically be her boss and they can be together while she pursues her dream of public office.

But I love the "controversial" road they seem about to take. Can't wait to see what happens.

Oh, and more Jean-Ralphio please!! :p

11-12-2011
backstage pass

Last week's episode was amazing. I loved the gifts leslie gave Donna and April.
I found the word cloud thing on www.nymag.com

Downtown Abbey LOL. And what's Jerry doing in there?

12-12-2011
fashion icon

^Ahhh... love it. It's awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us! And another reason to love Leslie Knope... apparently she likes Downton Abbey? And we always knew she was a Harry Potter fan, so no surprise to see Hogwarts on the list.

V.I.P.

Thursday's episode was so cute and hilarious. I am in love with this season

14-01-2012
fashion icon

http://youtu.be/7U_HX2fVIec
Here is a link to my favorite part of last night's episode.... the "red carpet" at the ice rink. It literally (picture Chris Traeger saying this word) had me in stitches of laughter. I actually started crying tears because I was laughing so much. This season has been so quality... probably my favorite so far. It's introduced us to red carpets in shoes and Treat Yo Self (my new motto in life), both by Tom Haverford.

V.I.P.

Parks & Recreation - Episode 4.15 - Dave Returns - Promotional Photos

spoilertv

06-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
"It's real. Tom and Ann are dating and will have a relationship for some amount of time."

Schur goes on to say that his writing staff has been talking about hooking up Tom and Ann since season three because they wanted to do something more casual, and comical.

"We have a lot of soul-matey relationships, with Leslie (Amy Poehler) and Ben (Adam Scott) and Andy (Chris Pratt) and April (Aubrey Plaza)," Schur explains, "and we just wanted to do a comedy relationship. It's real, but it's not soulfully gazing into each other eyes and running off to get married after three weeks. We're going for a different relationship, which is a pair of mismatched people who are very gingerly having a couple drinks here and there to see if they're compatible."

"There are certainly people affected by [Tom and Ann's relationship]," Schur reveals. "Most specifically is April. Because she's the person who got them together, they're constantly complaining about each other to her, and she decides the only way she can get through it is to get drunk. So she gets really really drunk at 4 in the afternoon. It's sort of an April, Tom and Ann triangle as far as who's affected."
spoilertv

07-02-2012
V.I.P.

Parks and Recreation - Episode 4.16 - Jerry's Sweet 16 - Promotional Photos

spoilertv

22-02-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
And Parks and Recreation? It takes a breather until April 19, when it returns in a new (old) time slot: Thursdays at 9:30 p.m. (Up All Night will have completed its season by then.)
vulture

26-02-2012
rising star

I loved Louie CK! and poor Ben deathly afraid of cops LOL

10-05-2012
fashion icon

So.... what did everyone think about the season finale? It was pretty perfect. I'm SO happy that Leslie won the election. I think I would have cried if she didn't win. I loved how many touching and funny moments were throughout the episode. And I loved that they ended it with, "Jerry forgot to vote!" "Da**it Jerry!"

V.I.P.

loved the finale, and so happy they renewed it for another season

08-10-2013
tfs star

Now the 6th season has started and it's still pretty awesome. I only recently watched all 5 seasons and now the 6th is soooooo good I always really laugh out loud, not the whole laughing on the inside thing. I also have them in the background playing while I do other stuff because they always cheer me up. And I love Andy - he's not the sharpest pencil in the tool box but he's so funny, they all are. And I want Leslie to be my friend too, she's awesome

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
parks, recreation