How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-10-2013
fashion icon

^I really like this season too. It seems like the show keeps getting better and better every year. Bit sad that Ann and Chris will be leaving this season but I understand that the actors want to try new things and at least it's on good terms. I hope that this means they will give Retta more of a plot-line and not just awesome one-liner quips. She's probably the most underrated actor on the show (also have you seen her twitter feed? It's brilliant!). Whenever I'm sad I just watch an episode of Parks & Rec to cheer me up (favorites like Pawnee Rangers and Win Lose or Draw), it usually works.

08-10-2013
trendsetter

I'm sad about them leaving too, Chris (the actor - can't remember his name) - this is his literally best role yet
I won't miss Ann too much but I also miss Andy I love him and April together so much - they are awesomesauce
also ...
you blew it, super hard, complete buffoonery, it's hilarious with stuff like this I'm sure they will be able to fill the void.

V.I.P.

I am literally the same way, I dont always have to be glued to the TV while watching them although their facial expressions are the best, but its such a great show

08-10-2013
fashion icon

I'll miss Ann's constant support of Leslie and Leslie calling her pet names like "my beautiful tropical fish." And every time Chris says "literally" I die laughing. So much so that when I hear people use the world in real life I sort of just giggle to myself at times.

V.I.P.

can tynnyfer be a reoccurring character

22-10-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Buried in a Friday news dump that announced the cancelations of Welcome to the Family and Ironside, NBC also quietly placed Parks and Recreation on hiatus. In fact, we'll only get new episodes of Parks and Recreation for two weeks between now and January 9. The rest of the remainder of 2013 will be filled with other programs like The Voice, The Sing-Off and The Sound of Music. You have the art of song to blame for your Leslie Knope cravings.

The hiatus begins this week, when a repeat -- a repeat! -- of The Voice will preempt Parks and Recreation. Next week, NBC plans to air a Saturday Night Live Halloween clip show, despite Parks and Recreation's long history of fantastic Halloween episodes. On Nov. 7, a live episode of The Voice extends into Parks and Rec's time slot. Then, the show will be back with back-to-back episodes for two weeks, including the special Halloween/recall episode, which will air two weeks after Halloween. The show is then off the schedule again until January 9, when it will return to its old 8:30 time slot.

It's pretty crappy treatment of Parks and Recreation, NBC's longest-running comedy. Though the decision to hold Parks and Recreation is probably more about NBC's new comedies, none of which are doing very well. Using a higher rated show, like The Voice as a lead-in could draw more eyes to Sean Saves the World, which could use a ratings boost.
celebuzz.com

It's such a good show, it's in season 6 and they put them on hiatus? really? I just hope this means that after January, Andy will be back ...

Also, I love these GIFs of our awesome characters:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/bookishbelle...ate-the-s-fm17

trendsetter

They are back this Thursday, sooooo excited. And it's their 100th episode
What a wonderful way to start a new year

V.I.P.

yay! This is probably one of the few shows I watch when it actually comes on live just to help them with their ratings. I just couldn't deal if this show gets cancelled, it's absolutely one of my favorites!

10-01-2014
fashion icon

The 100th episode was so great- so proud of Amy and the rest of them for creating brilliant, heartwarming television for us! I really enjoyed this episode and I'm looking forward to seeing where they take Leslie's character next, I'm hoping she dreams big like she was advised too, and runs for something major like senator or governor. How amazing would that be?

V.I.P.

So happy for Amy she finally won a GG it was completely deserved shes such an amazing person

13-01-2014
fashion insider

I was happy for her to. Finally.

13-01-2014
fashion icon

So, so happy for Amy! Apparently she's the first Golden Globe host to win while hosting too! Amy really deserves the praise and I'm glad that she won this year, Leslie Knope is a special character, and I love seeing her win for playing a complex, funny career women.

trendsetter

According to Perez Hilton, P&R have been renewed for season 7

front row

YESSSS! I was so worried that Parks & Rec was going to get axed after season six since its ratings haven't been the best, although apparently NBC will have more motivation to keep the show going now because it's got enough episodes for them to make extra money from it through syndication.

Also, I agree, Tynnyfer needs to come back so we can get more lines like "I used to be Jennifer, but I rebranded myself". Craig was awesome, too - "I have a condition all right, it's called CARING TOO MUCH!".

28-01-2014
fashion insider

Ron Swanson is my hero

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
parks, recreation