How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

14-08-2012
V.I.P.

Elena needs to go next *crossing fingers*

17-08-2012
tfs star

to me, it was no contest as to who the challenge winner was...the challenge winner! the look looked great on both the editorial and on the runway, and in terms of design, it was a great change from her typical aesthetic. i overall liked team 6 over team 5. team 5's looks looked a little dated, and i hate that print they incorporated.

now, the main thing that bugs me about this season is the fact that nearly every designer designs some of the same variation from their previous looks. sure it's nice that they have their own particular style and trademark, but there are many one-trick ponies this season. we know ven's "architectural" style, elena's modern, structural shoulders, christopher's jacket/blazer/complex skirt combination, dmitry's form-fitting modern dress with the the surprise zipper/skin reveal.

it was also no contest as to who should go home...the person who went home! it's still a little early, but i know i would be satisfied if both sonjia and melissa made it to fashion week.

Last edited by happytrail; 17-08-2012 at 01:40 AM.
17-08-2012
V.I.P.

yes that blue looked fantastic in print. I think the person who went home deserved to, I mean he didn't even want to reason with anyone else. I think it's karma that he was so worried about going home that he actually did.

^I agree about those one-trick ponies, and it's funny that they are all so into themselves.

18-08-2012
V.I.P.

So far, I think Ven is the worst one-trick pony offender. Everyone one of his looks so far featured a petals/pleats design element. Can he do anything else? Elena is up there as well.

If all else were equal, Elena deserved to be eliminated last week, imo. Neither of her tops was any good and she seemed difficult to work with. Additionally, despite not being able to present herself in a calm and reasonable manner, I thought Elena's concerns/opinions were mostly valid. I too thought they should've ditched all those props for the shoot. They looked cheap and tacky. On the other hand, given that Raul had already been eliminated once and he wasn't any better to work with, plus one of his tops really lacked in the design department, I think it was the right decision to eliminate him. With that said, I thought his top with the pleats in the front was nice. Don't know why everyone seemed to hate it. I agree that Melissa deserved to win. The dress was fantastic. I too liked Dmitriy's dress, albeit it was less exciting.

As far as the other team, I honestly thought Gunnar's look was the strongest. This pains me to say it, because I can't stand him. Maybe the model could've used a good bra, but aside from that, I thought it was a very on trend look. Not sure what the judges were smoking. Christian's skirt was nice, but the jacket looked limp. Ven's look seemed very matronly. Fabio's was ok, but too bland for a design competition. The worst, without a doubt, was Nathan's look. Those pants looked terrible and the top was gaudy.

V.I.P.

Elena needs to go home she has to be the first contestant that makes me want to throw something at the TV

22-08-2012
backstage pass

I found these hilarious: http://realitytvgifs.tumblr.com/tagged/Project_Runway

26-08-2012
backstage pass

Ugh, Ven.

26-08-2012
V.I.P.

the way that guy treated his client was disgusting, and I am glad Heidi said something about his real women comment. Size 2 women are a small percentage of the world and I wish he had been eliminated

31-08-2012
V.I.P.

Just watched the last episode. It really hit me how strong of a group they have this year. Everyone left has something to offer. Even Alicia. I do think she's the weakest of the designers, but I found her somewhat strange dress this week oddly appealing. I didn't think it went with the rest of the capsule collection at all, but on its own, it was interesting. And it's crazy how much Gunnar has grown on me. He's not nearly as grating the last few episodes as he was the first few. And that close relationship between him and Elena is kinda sweet.

I have to say though, Dmitrity gets constantly overlooked. Another fabulous dress and another pass. Should've easily ben in the top, if not won. I didn't mind Christopher's gown. In fact, I thought it was chic (if repetitive given his using his 'signature' technique again) but I don't know how it fits into that capsule collection or Lord and Taylor. Either way, I thought Melissa had the best dress. LOVED the top. Loved the bottom. It was hot and sexy. But I can understand why they wouldn't pick it for Lord and Taylor.

front row

Just got to watch this weeks episode and I was shocked at how much better all of the dresses looked in motion than they did in the runway shots. I actually liked Elena's dress when I saw it on Tv.

Also, as of this week every designer's personality (minus Ven) has grown on me and this is the first season I can remember when I like everyone (minus Ven). I just wish they would give them more time on the challenges. The breakdowns don't do anything for me, I would rather see them take more time with their clothes and be more confident in their finished product. If something doesn't work out that's fine drama, but the same old "Oh no, I only have 15 minutes left, where did my time go!" schtick doesn't do it for me.

rising star

Elena and Gunnar also grew on me in the last 2 episodes. I quite like elenas pieces, at least the ones where they had more freedom to do their own thing, i hate the "gown-cocktail dress-to work-chic-sellable" challenges they had in the last couple of episodes. I qiute like a coulpe of designers sofar, more than in the other seasons i watched, although i have no clear favourites yet.

+ Ven as an xl himself has a go on that girl, i am just plain confused...i find it as weird as when for example michael kors tells somebody how bland and unimaginative their clothes are while he is wearing a black tee and a black suit with an occasional twist of aviators.

07-09-2012
rising star

Weren't the collections shown at NYFW today? I haven't seen any pictures of the collections around yet, only of the judges and Jennifer Hudson (guest judge?).

09-09-2012
V.I.P.

they've held quite a tight lid on this one this season.

09-09-2012
windowshopping

I don't have time right now to post the pictures, but the show is up on Nowfashion!

http://nowfashion.com/07-09-2012-pro...show-2451.html

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
10, project, runway, season