How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-09-2012
tfs star

^ i instantly recognized ven's and dmitry's collections. i hope ven was one of the decoy collections, but i have a feeling he's in the finals.

Last edited by happytrail; 09-09-2012 at 11:15 AM.

09-09-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesAndOil View Post
Now it strikes me that Christopher does do a lot of faces.

Alicia should've been out a long time ago, but damnit Elena is so annoying, and that coat was horrible.

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

I think Elena's collection is the strongest. Sonja and Dmitriy have some good pieces in their collections, but they're too inconsistent and not really what either has been doing on the show. I was kind of disappointed with Melissa's and I don't know why since it's exactly what she's been doing on the show (maybe that's why?). Ven is too much of a one note, plus it's really just not my aesthetic. Fabio's and Christopher's collections are beyond bland and forgettable. Gunnar is one huge WTF? Where did that come from?

tfs star

i liked elena's as well - i too thought it was the strongest, i just don't think she was suited for the show. she definitely does not work well under pressure and short deadlines, but give her a substantial amount of time, she will deliver.

i actually enjoyed melissa's and fabio's collections. and i agree with what the ladies said in the show about the silk charmeuse boys. it looked like ven's collection was entirely of silk charmeuse, and i personally don't know any lady who wears that fabric on a daily basis (i work in the art museum world, where the majority of people i work with are fashionable, eccentric, white ladies and girls who know what they like and have a bit of dough to throw around , and rarely any of them wear silk charmeuse)

V.I.P.

wow the latest Michael Kor's collection...seems like he was inspired by Ven's zipper element.

racked.com

check out the opening look

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

i am shocked this thread hasn't exploded into a party with the departure of Ven

28-09-2012
tfs star

That was retarded...baby clothes just for publicity of heidi's line? come on...

28-09-2012
V.I.P.

Awful challenge. I can't even. Heidi is about to do what Tyra did to ANTM, if she hasn't already - RUIN IT. It's become more and a more a spring board for Heidi to promote her side projects, etc.

tfs star

yeah, last night's episode was one of the worst challenges in project runway history. i feel bad for the person who went home, because no one deserved to go home for a baby challenge.

rising star

Hope she gets back in later, she had the strongest runway collection this year!

28-09-2012
backstage pass

'Project Runway All Stars' Season 2: Lifetime announces returning designers and celebrity guest judges

Quote:
Thirteen returning designers are returning to compete on Season 2 of "Project Runway All Stars," premiering Thursday, Oct. 25, Lifetime announced today (Sept. 27).

Joining the new host, supermodel Carolyn Murphy, is an A-list slate of celebrity guest judges, including Katie Holmes, Kylie Minogue, Stacy Keibler, Liv Tyler and Gretchen Mol.

Designers Diane von Furstenberg, Jason Wu, Margherita Missoni, Charlotte Ronson, Rafe Totengco and Elie Tahari will also appear as guest judges.

Here are the competing designers, with short bios to refresh your memory:

Wendy Pepper (Season 1, second runner-up) - A villain to remember on the first-ever season of Project Runway, Wendy made her mark in the workroom and on the Runway with her feminine dresses, structural form-fitting jackets, strong patterns and even stronger personality, beating out Austin Scarlett for the final spot to show at fashion week.

Andrae Gonzalo (Season 2): Best known for his emotional outbursts on his season -- and the subject of Santino's best Tim Gunn impression ("Where's Andrae?!") -- Andrae's designs frequently contrasted elements of poverty and luxury.

Kayne Gillaspie (Season 3): Kayne's pageant sensibilities proved valuable when he won the "Fit for a Queen" challenge and designed an evening gown for Tara Conner, Miss USA 2007 to wear at the Miss Universe Pageant.

Uli Herzner (Season 3, first runner-up): Uli's designs are feminine, flowy and colorful, inspired by the beaches and climate of her hometown Miami.

Suede (Season 5): Known for his confidence, brightly colored hair and speaking about himself in the third person, Suede's dynamic personality and eye-catching style attracted a major following. His designs can be seen on celebrities such as Britney Spears, Brooke Burke, Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson and Christina Aguilera.

Althea Harper (Season 6, first runner-up): As stunning as one of her own models, Althea's design aesthetic emphasizes draping, silhouette and tailoring that flatters the curves of a strong woman.

Emilio Sosa (Season 7, first runner-up): With a record-breaking three consecutive challenge wins and more wins in the season than any other designer, Emilio was the favorite to win. But his jaw-dropping defeat to season seven winner Seth Aaron, left him speechless. This year, he was nominated for a Tony Award for Best Costume Design of a Musical for The Gershwins' "Porgy and Bess."

Peach Carr (Season 8): A favorite among the designers and fans who enjoyed her refreshingly positive, bubbly personality, her athletic design styles have built a strong following and loyal buyers.

Casanova (Season 8): Chock-full of personality, Casanova was the underdog everyone rooted for and the first Puerto Rican fashion designer to ever participate on "Project Runway."

Ivy Higa (Season 8): Big on attitude, high in self-esteem and full of talent, Ivy's opinionated and headstrong personality was the source of many conflicts during her season.

Anthony Ryan Auld (Season 9): Cancer survivor Anthony's sense of humor and sharp one-liners were memorable. But it was his "unconventional" birdseed dress that made him a fan favorite.

Laura Kathleen (Season 9): A self-proclaimed girly-girl with a sharp tongue and strong personality, Laura's designs are inspired by vintage style, tailoring techniques and the manipulation of fabric.

Joshua McKinley (Season 9, first runner-up): Loud and bold with a no-holds barred opinion on everyone else and their designs, he's ready for another walk down the Runway.

The Season 2 winner will receive $150,000, a sewing and embroidery studio, an all-expenses paid trip around the world to attend fashion weeks in cities such as Paris, London, Milan and Tokyo, a technology suite/office space from HP and Intel, a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine and a position with the publication as Contributing Editor for one year, and the chance to create a collection for Nine West.
zap2it.com

28-09-2012
V.I.P.

Uli!!! I loved Uli

28-09-2012
rising star

Uli needs to win! She should have won both times she was on the show!

30-09-2012
V.I.P.

If anyone other than Uli wins that season it will be a crime. The cast is really not exciting. But at least it doesn't seem like the show is just an excuse to have a chance to award someone with a win - coughMondocough.

rising star

Exactly! That season was so rigged. And you're completely right in saying the contestants seem pretty boring...I mean Suede and Kayne in one show? That's going to be tacky...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
10, project, runway, season