How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2012
tfs star

wendy, kayne, ivy, and joshua all in one season!? NO THANKS!!!

more talent and less tacky and drama next time please.

05-10-2012
V.I.P.

Anybody seen the designs from the last episode? Dmitriy's look is so gorgeous. Doesn't even look like it belongs on Project Runway. Probably my favorite look of the season. "Avant garde" challenges are really dumb usually because how is anyone going to do that in the 40 minutes they're given, but regardless of the criteria, it was just a stunning piece.

Can't believe Sonja got eliminated. Should've been Christopher or Fabio. Although to be honest, all four made some terrible stuff.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Anybody seen the designs from the last episode? Dmitriy's look is so gorgeous. Doesn't even look like it belongs on Project Runway. Probably my favorite look of the season. "Avant garde" challenges are really dumb usually because how is anyone going to do that in the 40 minutes they're given, but regardless of the criteria, it was just a stunning piece.

Can't believe Sonja got eliminated. Should've been Christopher or Fabio. Although to be honest, all four made some terrible stuff.
yeah, i couldn't believe sonjia got eliminated also. i didn't care for her avant garde look, but since they were taking previous challenges into account, i think she was more than worthy to be in the final four. to me, her looks were more memorable than fabio's looks (the only one i truly remember and love from fabio was the "real women" challenge, the one he won).

my favorite look from the avant garde challenge was melissa's. dmitry's was beautifully tailored, but i really really wished it was a suit rather than a dress.

rising star

I hope we'll see more from Dmitry, I love his style. On that last challenge, his was the only look I liked. I would've liked to see Sonja go back to Mood to get her golden fabric, I didn't understand why she didn't...Her dress would've probably looked much better then.

17-10-2012
V.I.P.

Sonja got the royal shaft, definitely should have been Fabio to go home.

Anyway, I've always felt Christopher's fakery, always talking with that soft innocent voice, yet he's the one throwing negative comments about the remaining contestants' final collections. He's finally revealing his mean side.

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

WOW, can't believe who won. I haven't watched the episode yet, but I couldn't be any happier. First truly deserving winner in a very long time. And looking back, one would've never guessed from the first few episodes.

WTF at the runner up though?

girl who fell to earth

^^I think when you watch the episode it will make sense.
The runner up was definitely a bit of a dark horse but was so completely different from all the other contestants and finally showed his unique point of view in a really interesting and beautiful way.

He took the criticism from the judges and really rose to the challenge. I was really pulling for him at the end there and almost felt a little disappointment that he didn't win!

Would have loved for Sonjia to be in the top 4 though... I think she could have come up with a great collection.
Fingers crossed that she'll show up on a future season of PR All Stars.

Last edited by ChrissyM; 19-10-2012 at 01:07 PM.
20-10-2012
rising star

I found fabios designs troughout the show quite boring, but his final show i found the most interesting of all of them. However nice some of the stuff others made was, it was also so very safe.

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

Finally got around to watching it, and I am so happy Christopher got sent packing, not even runner up. His fake "nice guy" personality is jarring and I thought he was merely lucky all those times winning (especially that Rockettes challenge - yeah his outfit screamed NYC, but Dmitry's was way better - better executed, better tailoring, better design).

18-12-2012
V.I.P.

Zac Posen to replace Michael Kors in Season 11
Kors cites sheduling difficulties, but will be the guest judge for the finale.

Quote:
Michael Kors is “auf” "Project Runway," Zac Posen is in

24 m ago By Anne Bratskeir
Photo credit: Getty Images

Michael Kors has bid “auf Wiedersehen” to "Project Runway." The designer who served as judge on the reality fashion competition show for 10 seasons cited scheduling difficulties as the reason for his departure. For season 11, Zac Posen will take his place. Posen, who is particularly well-known for his dramatic, elegant evening wear, told The Associated Press, “This was an amazing opportunity. I’m here to give a new perspective to the designers.”

In the cast of the show’s characters, which includes mentor Tim Gunn, Nina Garcia, fashion director of Marie Claire, and Heidi Klum, Kors was known for his funny, insightful, sometimes acerbic zingers to describe various outfits, using phrases such as, “a transvestite flamenco dancer at a funeral.”

A statement from Lifetime TV, said that Kors was off but not out. “Michael will be seen in the future on the show and we are excited to confirm that Michael will be back as judge for sea on 11 finale.”

In a tweet on Tuesday afternoon, Kors wrote to Klum, “Love you and the @ProjectRunway family! “ To which Klum responded, “I will miss you this season my brother @MichaelKors I love you!
http://long-island.newsday.com/shopp...s-in-1.4348634

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
10, project, runway, season