How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2012
V.I.P.

Project Runway Season 10
I apparantely cannot stay away. lol

Anybody watched the premiere of Season 10? Seems more promising than the last couple seasons in terms of talented designers.

22-07-2012
rising star

I did, and so far I like 3-4 designers, which is more than I did before. I'm watching this! I need my dosis of tv and this is the only watchable thing airing at the moment.

29-07-2012
V.I.P.

just catching up to my tivo. ep 1 season 10 is a hot mess. the majority of these designers is simply terrible. I really can't imagine how they're going to stretch this.

29-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I apparantely cannot stay away. lol

Anybody watched the premiere of Season 10? Seems more promising than the last couple seasons in terms of talented designers.
Completely agree. Unfortunately I didn't see the first episode, but I did catch the second episode and it actually left me excited for the remainder of the season. My current favorite has to be the guy that graduated from FIT with numerous awards. His candy dress was so chic and stellar. There was something a bit Valentino about it though.

tfs star

i don't like ven. he seems so cocky (no one who doesn't know him cares about his awards), and really appears to not have any personality, or sense of humor. sure, he's a good designer, but i find his designs, and especially his personality, boring.

i don't think he should have one the candy challenge. you could see that design construction in lanvin, valentino, oscar de la renta, etc. sonjia's design had much more wow factor, and she nailed the challenge.

early on, melissa, sonjia, and fabio (and alicia) are my early favs.

Last edited by happytrail; 30-07-2012 at 12:20 AM.
03-08-2012
doldrums

I have no clear favorites yet. I'm sort of surprised by this week's challenge. The ok looking dresses scored the highest. It seems like Ven is the favorite this season.

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

^ my cynical theory is that they're trying to create controversy with the wins. I agree, the OK looking ones seem to be given the wins while the clear front runners are relegated to being good enough for the competition. I remember the first ep I was sure Ven would win, his two looks were the best of the group. And they gave the win to someone else.

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

I think Ven is easily the most talented when it comes to producing well finished looks. I think his candy dress was way above anything else that came down the runway that day. Yeah, Sonja's was decent too, if a bit overworked; Dmitrity's was good too, should've been in the top three, but Ven's was kind of chic, which, given the material is a feat in itself.

With that said, after the first three weeks, I'm starting to think he's a one trick pony. All three of his looks had those petals/waves design elements in the front.

Dmitrity has been somewhat underrated so far. Gunnar has been so overrated. I don't know what the judges see in his designs. Doesn't help that I absolutely abhor his personality.

V.I.P.

Gunnar easily is the ugliest personality, he's the type who in real life you speak to at a party once and then move to the far side of the room and pray for daylight.

11-08-2012
V.I.P.

There were some great looks this episode. The challenge was lame and I wasn't entirely sure what exactly the judges were looking for, but regardless, I thought it was the most solid runway show thus far in the season. I agree with the top three and the winner. I also found Alison's look (shirt and shorts) surprisingly chic. There was something about it that just worked for me. Even the styling. Strangely enough, I liked Gunnar's look as well. I like the person who went home, her personality, but it was really a matter of time for her.

tfs star

i love christopher's jacket, but i don't understand such high praise for the dress. it wasn't versatile or practical or stylish, and the styling was awful (i'm sick of seeing kardashian heels).

so happy about the challenge winner! hoping the challenge winner will make it to fashion week. i was hoping the returning contestant would have been eliminated. he/she was given a second chance and that was what was produced!? didn't deserve to stay.

on a side note, i love dmitry's and melissa's personal style.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytrail View Post
i love christopher's jacket, but i don't understand such high praise for the dress. it wasn't versatile or practical or stylish, and the styling was awful (i'm sick of seeing kardashian heels).

so happy about the challenge winner! hoping the challenge winner will make it to fashion week. i was hoping the returning contestant would have been eliminated. he/she was given a second chance and that was what was produced!? didn't deserve to stay.
I don't know about the versatility of Christopher's dress, this goes back to my issue with the challenge itself, but the only thing I didn't like about it was that long fabric on the side/front. He should've shortened it. And I so agree with you about those blue shoes. It's become such a "fashiony" way to accessorize, but it's so cliche. I was floored when Nina complimented Christopher on that.

I also agree with you that Raul should've been eliminated if only for the reason you listed. I remember in the past when they had brought eliminated people back, the twist was that they had to win a challenge to stay. But here, considering how terrible Raul's look was, yeah he probably should've gone over Buffi.

V.I.P.

Watched last episode and was rooting for Andrea because she teaches at my college, but man! that's disappointing to see her not return

12-08-2012
rising star

I was really impressed with Christopher's work. It's crazy to do this in just one day.
Also I'm glad Buffi's out, I hated her style.

13-08-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharrrina View Post
Also I'm glad Buffi's out, I hated her style.
What "style"?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
10, project, runway, season