How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-08-2010
V.I.P.

I like what Cam, Jen and Kate are wearing BUT it is a let down from what they are capable of bringing to the carpet.

I really want Cam to stop using Rachel (well Brad). She was so much better pre team Zoe. As for Jen I just don't think she cares as much about the carpet as she did pre babies. She would make an exception for the Oscar but that's it.

11-08-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
I really want Cam to stop using Rachel (well Brad). She was so much better pre team Zoe.
Are you kidding me? Cameron looked absolutely amazing at this years Oscars. she's never looked better IMHO.

V.I.P.

^ Yeah I agree she looked amazing at the Oscars but have you seen her Knight and Day promo tour looks. 90% suck. BIG TIME.
Compare them to her Charlie's Angels tours and it doesn't stack up.

If you go back and check out Cameron's looks in the late 90s/early 2000 she always looked AMAZING.
Her Emanuel Ungaro couture Oscar gown in 2002 was all her. It's one of the best looks ever.

gotofree.net/galeri/model/CameronDiaz/

I love what Rachel does for her other clients don't get me wrong I just would like Cam to stop using her. She was more edgy and had her own look before Rachel. This is just my opinion and I do enjoy some Rachel/Cam outfits like the Dior at the Met Gala in 2007.

11-08-2010
backstage pass

People either love or hate that Cameron look. I love it. It's so carefree and California and love how she mixed that really expensive necklace(as her belt) with a semi-inexpensive Tarina Tarantino bracelet(the turquoise carved rosette one)

http://www.tarinatarantino.com/produ...idproduct=305#

This is my all-time favorite Cam look. Golden Globes 2003. Her bracelet looks like typical studded Hot Topic style cuff which were cool at the time.

indulgedecorblog.com

11-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelbojangles View Post
People either love or hate that Cameron look. I love it.
I do too. I remember people hated it and she was put on the Worst Dressed lists, etc. I didn't understand it at the time and I don't understand it now. It's one of the most interesting and original looks with a ton of personality. If I had to change one thing, I'd probably tidy up the hair a bit, but that's it. The rest is as good as it gets, imo.

Love that short GG dress too. And I agree that Cameron looked better pre-Zoe. She had so much personality and spike every time she stepped out. Now it's just so dull and boring. I do think that McQueen dress was good, but it was all ruined by that terrible hair and makeup. She looked really dull and old. (It's actually the same reason why I didn't like Jen's look, the hair and makeup did nothing to bring out that dress.) I also don't care all that much for that de la Renta she wore to the Oscars. It was a pretty look, but it had no edge, it wasn't really interesting, and it didn't feel 'her'

Agree, Label Basher, that Dior dress at MET was gorgeous and I'm glad she wore it, but I don't totally love that necklace she had with it.

front row

It all depends on your personal taste. I guess I'm the only one who didn't really care for the Ungaro gown. To me, the Oscars are all about glamour. If you can't glam it up at the Oscars then when can you? It's not so much about showing up in an expensive dressing gown (which is still what I think of when I look at the Ungaro, pretty as it is. Just not for the Oscars) and out-of-bed hair. Guess I'm a little too old-fashioned (I prefer to think of it as classic ) to appreciate the edgy-ness.

V.I.P.

I have to say I've never notice Cam's style that much. I like the outfit she's wearing in post #123 a lot more than the red dress, but that's only because it's more interesting and more my style^^

V.I.P.

I think Cameron Diaz style evolution is moreso her growing older than Zoe's influence. She takes less risk in general... even in her personal style. I also think that she's not a 'zoebot' and its more of a combination between the two of them. Even last night, as Rachel was pulling gowns for Cam, she alluded to the fact that Cameron already told her she wanted something 'simple' and 'no fuss' this year.

Cameron was the best look for Rachel at this year GG... but she looked even better last year in the Chanel HC gown.

I am so sick of Brad these days. All his comments about Taylor in last night episode were so mean spirited and unncessary. Really, he should just get over it.

I cannot wait for the next episode when Brad can't come thru for team Zoe... I hope Noami goes ballistic on them...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

Last edited by Zposen; 11-08-2010 at 12:20 PM.
11-08-2010
scenester

^ maybe she'll throw a phone at him.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
I am so sick of Brad these days. All his comments about Taylor in last night episode were so mean spirited and unncessary. Really, he should just get over it.

I cannot wait for the next episode when Brad can't come thru for team Zoe... I hope Noami goes ballistic on them...
is it just me or has his ego flown threw the roof?! I did laugh a lot when he was talking about the new assistant and hoped she didn't steal anything.

it's funny how the only people on the show that are a breath of fresh air is the brand new assistant and that other girl who never talks!

11-08-2010
fashion insider

The Oscar de la Renta that Cam wear in the Oscars was from Rachel too??

11-08-2010
front row

^ Yes it was.

V.I.P.

There are some links to the new episode "Golden Globes" on SideReel but the Megavideo one doesnt work and the other two are from Amazon and iTunes.

Question: When did Rachel Zoe start styling Cameron? Who was her stylist before that?

12-08-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton View Post
Question: When did Rachel Zoe start styling Cameron? Who was her stylist before that?
It must have been around 2005/2006. In previous articles she said that she never had one but in her 2003 US Vogue interview it mentioned that she used Clare and Nina Hallworth aka "The Twins". I don't know if they are still stylist's.

13-08-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverhausen View Post
^ Yes it was.
Thanks darling!

It isn't any link yet?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
project, rachel, television, zoe