How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-08-2008
fashion icon

I just read that it starts Tuesday September 9 . SO SO SO excited !!!

26-08-2008
front row

I totally agree about Taylor-she's awesome!

26-08-2008
rising star

I dont care what anyone says, I love her so much! She is awsome

27-08-2008
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionJunkie View Post
I just read that it starts Tuesday September 9 . SO SO SO excited !!!
wow so soooooooon!

27-08-2008
trendsetter

I'm actually really excited for this! Project runway hasnt done much for me this season, so I need my reality-fashion fix from somewhere else. Enter Rachel Zoe!!

Only a week and a few more days!

27-08-2008
V.I.P.

Been seein some previews on Bravo, can't wait for it. Not especially a fan of Zoe or anything, it's more about the show itself. I'd watch pretty much anythin fashion related (on Bravo).

04-09-2008
fashion icon

I saw the first episode on Bravo this morning -- not sure if it was just a preview or the actual thing -- but I seriously loved every minute of it. I know it's going to quickly become a really guilty pleasure.

04-09-2008
V.I.P.

Next Tuesday ... her show premiers.

Quote:
Rachel Zoe.jpg

So you think you know Zoe?

The infamous stylist tries to revamp her image with a new reality show

By Marcos Luevanos

Metromix
September 3, 2008

In previews of The Rachel Zoe Project, the eponymous celebrity stylist offers kind words to her recently hired assistant, Brad. She comforts him in the thick of an emotional breakdown after water floods the Hollywood Hills garage that is her wardrobe studio, damaging thousands of dollars’ worth of loaned designer clothing. “We’re not saving lives here,” Zoe says. “They’re just clothes.” It’s a line delivered with such sincerity that either she really means what she says, or some of her actress clients are starting to rub off on her.

The scene glimpses a different side of the woman who got rich and famous by draping Hollywood starlets and socialites in caftans and Jackie O sunglasses—a soft, compassionate, anti-Devil Wears Prada side that contradicts much of what is widely reported about her. After an entire year of harsh press following comments Zoe made to the New York Times Magazine about Anna Wintour and Vogue’s diminishing influence on the fashion business, one wonders if her decision to do a reality show is really a sign of desperation.

“I was eager to show exactly what a stylist does, so it seemed like the next logical step,” Zoe succinctly told us in an email. “It's an inside look at some of the best and most respected designers of our time. It was a wonderful and interesting opportunity. Bravo has been really great.”
So is the new reality show’s way of setting the record straight about who she is and what she’s really like, or is it merely another overtly positive self-portrait painted with executive producer brushstrokes? The latter would seem a more accurate description, considering Zoe now has hired a publicist who won’t allow potentially upsetting or controversial questions to be asked of her. Of our inquiries that were approved, Zoe responded with little more than a sentence.

With clients like Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Garner, Debra Messing, Anne Hathaway and Demi Moore, Zoe has been the most influential trendsetter on the West Coast—if not the world—making and breaking brands via the actresses she dresses. Yet even with all her fame, power and influence, she remains somewhat of a pariah. Whether she’s getting uninvited from the Met’s Costume Institute gala, being criticized for her aesthetic in the blogosphere, denying accusations of motivating actresses to lose weight, or pissing off people in New York for using the red carpet as her canvas, she’s finding out that—just like in any other profession—it’s lonely at the top.

Once upon a time, Zoe was a little-known fashionista working for YM, styling a then-bloated Nicole Richie just before Richie ascended to fame via The Simple Life. They became fast friends and partners in a profitable symbiotic relationship. Zoe gifted Richie with her personal signature style, and in return, Richie gave Zoe the A-list clientele she always wanted. But the two besties have since had a falling out, and with boho-chic style giving way to grunge, the real question isn’t why Zoe is doing a reality show—it’s whether she has anything left to offer.

"The Rachel Zoe Project” premieres Tues., Sept. 9, at 11 p.m. on Bravo.
losangeles.metromix.com

Last edited by BetteT; 05-09-2008 at 12:00 AM.

05-09-2008
fashion insider

I'm looking forward to it too. Much more interesting than Top Model or Dancing with the Stars whatever they are called.

05-09-2008
trendsetter

[QUOTE=MyNameIs;4835073]Been seein some previews on Bravo, can't wait for it. Not especially a fan of Zoe or anything, it's more about the show itself. I'd watch pretty much anythin fashion related (on Bravo).[/QUO

Same here, I'll take a fashion show anyday.

05-09-2008
trendsetter

There better be a way to watch this online because I was obsessed with the preview... and maybe Brad.

05-09-2008
front row

Yum. Brad.

05-09-2008
V.I.P.

will Bravo offer this online as well?

05-09-2008
V.I.P.

[quote=Style-Addict;4857209]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Been seein some previews on Bravo, can't wait for it. Not especially a fan of Zoe or anything, it's more about the show itself. I'd watch pretty much anythin fashion related (on Bravo).[/QUO

Same here, I'll take a fashion show anyday.
LOL, I actually (partly) take back what I said. I saw that show with Vivica Fox the other day, the one where she has stylists competing for something. And let me tell you, it was the most horrid thing ever. SO BAD.

But I'm still excited for this one. It's on Bravo.

05-09-2008
V.I.P.

are there any clips of the show on youtube?

But satisfaction brought it back

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, 2010, july, march, project, rachel, television, zoe