How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-09-2008
backstage pass

i'm so excited omg
thank god for my dvr, the premiere is on a little too late for a school night lol

08-09-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffy View Post
Assisting a stylist like Rachel is ALOT of work, even for two people. She has so many clients, not to mention if she does editorial work. If the male assistant isn't pulling his weight, I can understand why Taylor is frustrated. She has paid her dues and should be able to focus on her own work, but instead has to pick up his slack too. It seems like he is in it more for the glamour aspect than anything. Plus, he's apparently a raging bitch as well in real life. On the other hand, Rachel is really sweet.

Is everyone kidding me?! Taylor is so obnoxious. She's a micro-manager. You can't expect someone to know how things work at a job in one day. And she talks to Rachel like crap. I would have fired her if she talked to me like that.

09-09-2008
fashion icon

I agree Tayler is a little obnoxious, but I also think that in a work environment you need that sometimes to tell you the truth. Alteast thats the way I see it, the two assistants seems to be like ying and yang.

10-09-2008
fashion insider

Brad's annoying quality really irked me. I liked Taylor, and if Rachel said, "I'll die," one more time. LOL! Every second, "I'll die, I'll die." I enjoyed the first show though. It was nice to get a glimpse into her life. I find her intriguing, especially the rumors surrounding her past.

10-09-2008
army of lovers

Damn, Brad is cute but he sure can get under your skin fast. Taylor is cool and I like her whatever attitude. I love Rachel's house, so midcentury modern cool.

10-09-2008
V.I.P.

where can i watch the first episode online?

10-09-2008
front row

I loved her going into Decades and going crazy for the Birkin and the Chanel necklace!
Taylor is majorly annoying.
I have to admit the more I see of Rachel, the more I'm starting to love her.

10-09-2008
Fleur De Lys

"I'll dieeee"

10-09-2008
windowshopping

im so jealous for all the people that have seen the show so far!
if anyone knows where to watch it online, please share!
im dying to watch it lol!

msg me

11-09-2008
front row

Love the show. I expected Rachel to be meaner, lol. I'd kill to have her job.

And that Taylor girl is just awful, ugh. You can work w/ someone and lead someone w/o talking down to them. There's no excuse for that.

11-09-2008
front row

Just finished watching the episode. My thoughts:

1- Taylor would be given a warning for harrassment in a normal office (yes, micromanaging / refusing to talk to people below you is considered as harrassment in the real world). That being said, she seems really hardworking and not malicious at all. I think perhaps she's a bit lost at the thought of having to manage somebody without having been managed herself. I think Rachel is being unprofessional with the entire situation. For once, she should send Taylor to a workshop so she can develop her business skills. Secondly, it's obvsious she is favouring Brad which again, is considered as harrassment (this time towards Taylor) in the workplace.

2- The "office". Am I the only one that noticed the STAINS on the carpet and the disorganization? Also no airing for the clothes? I wouldn't be surprised if they told me her clothes smell musty or something. And people are paying thousands of dollars for her services!

3- Rachel. She seems fine but she's definitely not business oriented and you can smell her low self-esteem from miles away. Also: I don't doubt she makes a lot of money but comments like they "need to save" and working hard to "maintain" her shopping habits make me wonder how much disposable income there is in that household. Or maybe they're just trying to create a storyline? In any event, I laughed when Rachel visited the branding company and tried to act all business..! She even put a different voice/accent. Talk about a fish out of the water. I loved the contrast between her "business" outfit (which you couldn't even get away with on casual Friday) and the other womens' (though as someone who has to wear a black suit on a daily basis, I am sure they wouldn't mind being able to dress like Rachel from time to time).

4- Brad. No comment yet. He seems a bit too childish but I think he acts like that because he's intimidated/offended/SCARED S---LESS by Taylor.

5- Rachel's husband. I thought he was an investment banker? Or is he retired?

6- The fashion in the show. As Rachel would say "I DIE". I love Rachel's outfits and how she manages to look "tall" (perhaps "elongated" is a better term). I am petite myself so I'll be trying the whole long-layer-under-cropped-jacket look.

11-09-2008
V.I.P.

^I agree with a lot of you said. But, honestly, favouring someone is not harassment. It's pretty common in just about any job.

11-09-2008
front row

taylor is annoying as hell...i like brad he seems sincere.this is one of my favorite shows, i've been watch the repeats like crazy.

11-09-2008
turn and face the strange

I really dislike this woman for many reasons I probably can't talk about here, but this show is sometimes fun to watch.. having so much power with those clothes how fun.

12-09-2008
fashion insider

I loved the preview but i can't watch the first episode online (the Bravo site) because i don't live in the US

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, 2010, july, march, project, rachel, television, zoe