How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-09-2008
V.I.P.

i liked the back too.. not the front too much

joy looked like a godess in the white dress (the one rachel thought looked too 'laid back' for the event).. absolutely stunning

I love this show!

16-09-2008
rising star

I love this show so much

16-09-2008
army of lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanvinLover View Post
I love this show so much
Ditto, I love this show more than I should. I wasn't even a fan of hers or anything, just indifference. I love how she gave a shout out to the Amber and Shalom Vogue cover as her wedding gown inspiration. Girl loves fashion for sure.

Last edited by Jacque Marcel; 16-09-2008 at 10:45 PM.

16-09-2008
front row

I'm kind of afraid I'll start saying "I'd die."

17-09-2008
backstage pass

where can i see it?

TIA

17-09-2008
backstage pass

Is anyone else obsessed with her vacant, 1970's glam style. She perpetuated scum like Nicole Richy....but I love and despise her at the same time.

What does her husband do?

17-09-2008
trendsetter

I didnt catch the first episode, but I did see the one last night where they had to find a dress for Debra Messing.

I really liked the show, I think it comes through how passionate Rachel is about clothes and fashion in general. Another thing I really like about her is the fact that you can see wrinkles on her face and the circles under her eyes. I know this might seem strange, but I think it;s so refreshing to see someone with their real face, that has not been touched by surgery, botox, whatever.

I didnt like her assistant, Taylor. I mean, you have to teach your new people how things are run around the place. You need to give specific directions and guidance. She just irritated me the whole show. And OMG, the flood in the studio!!! I think I would have had a heart attack if all those gorgeous gowns were wet and the dye was running.

Overall, I think it's a pretty good show, entertaining and the clothes are beyond gorgeous.

17-09-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallItTreason View Post
I'm kind of afraid I'll start saying "I'd die."

Haha, me too. Rachel says it so much in the show, it kind of becomes engrained in your brain.

17-09-2008
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyni View Post
where can i see it?

TIA
theres a youtube link a few pages back

I have already started saying 'bananas'

17-09-2008
front row

i love this show!! i do admire rachel for becoming a powerful businesswoman and continuing to build her brand. i think she's had a lot of bad press in the past, and it's nice to see her perspective in this show.

one thing that bothered me though is the fact that her studio is in what looks like the basement of her house... nothing wrong with working out of the house, but if that space is being used to store archival gowns and loaner pieces, seems like it would be a bit more "weather-proof" and airtight. i just kept thinking of the humidity after the flooding and (as someone who has had their basement flood)... omg... the dank odor and mold.. ugh. maybe this was all taken care of off-camera, but seems like she wouldn't want the designers knowing that that's where their dresses are being stored.

17-09-2008
V.I.P.

OK i have seen only the first episode, but i do like it, mainly for the clothes.

I never liked Zoe and i like her more but still not crazy over her, i mean the woman needs to stop tallking like an Idiot and show more of a backbone if she means to launch a brand.But she seems like a decent human being thats for sure.

Now i have to say the clothes are AMAZING.God i would kill for her fur coats and accessories, just wow.Taylor and Brad dress great aswell, i love Taylor's haircut.

BUT i have to say she is a total bitch, sorry but no one deserves to be treated like sh*t, she is just one of those women that feel powerful putting someone down, i know a few of them.Sure Brad can be annoying but he is annoying in a cute way, teach him, tallk to him, its clear he is the "personality".

I have to say Joy looked bad in the white Valentino dress, i mean you have to be blind to tell your client that she looks good in it.Not only is it white, its so body concious i think if you didnt eat for like two days it could be pulled off, and Joy looked so uncomfortable in it, and when she tried the red ZP one, her face light up, obviously.

Oh and one more thing i thought was the cutest thing EVER;
When Rachel was getting ready for the event haha, she was trying all those different dresses and asking her husband for an opinion and he was like;"Are you a fashion freaking stylists or not"?LOL
LOVED IT!!Hahah she is just like the rest of us, maybe a pro but at the end of the day you just want your man to like what you chose hahah, it matters to get an opinion from people you care about.

Cant wait to see episode No.2.

18-09-2008
tfs star

I think I might be obsessed, the shows like really good chocolate cake, it's super indulgent and you know it's bad for you but it's just so damn good.
The pictures of Rachel on her wedding day were kind of strange, she looked about 12, like one of those Russian gymnasts who look like children but are actually in their 20's.
Purreow, I agree with you. The place she has her studio looks like a garage with access to the house, there are roller doors in the background, which is almost worse than it being a basement because it's so obviously a place that would get flooded!
Brad's adorable but Taylor will probably have him crying behind a rack of gowns by the end of the season, he's such a ball of nerves.

18-09-2008
V.I.P.

I agree with that, her "studio" is bad, i cant belive she would bering her clients there.

18-09-2008
windowshopping

Taylor is getting such a bad wrap! I don't think she just sat there and let poor Brad run around like a chicken with his head cut off the whole time, I'm sure she told him how some things are done. It was probably just edited to make it seem like she was not very compliant.

BTW, did anybody else notice that in the first episode Brad wore a $900 Ralph Lauren sweater? Maybe I'm wrong, but if so, how the hell does an intern at Vogue afford a $900 sweater? I'm just a little curious.

18-09-2008
V.I.P.

wait!! i can't watch the first episode on the other page anymore, it says the videos have been removed?? noo!

any idea where i could watch the second one? i'm hooked!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, 2010, july, march, project, rachel, television, zoe