How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-09-2008
windowshopping

^ I'm sure if you just search youtube for it, it will pop up. Thats what I did..

18-09-2008
scenester

There was a article in the NY Times about her show:
September 16, 2008
Television Review | 'The Rachel Zoe Project'
A Stylist Devoted to Making Idleness Look Chic

By GINIA BELLAFANTE
Rachel Zoe, a blonde with a relaxed perm and roots that are visible on purpose, is a fashion stylist, which in her fortunate case means that she dresses celebrities, reportedly for up to $6,000 a day. As one of her assistants explained in the premiere episode of “The Rachel Zoe Project” (Tuesdays on Bravo): “We don’t just dress clients for award shows. We do premieres, personal appearances, personal shopping. We pretty much do everything.”
Even that sells Ms. Zoe short. More than any other stylist working in Hollywood today, she doesn’t merely peddle clothes, she emblazons an image, turning cipher nobodies into pretend somebodies. Although she has put grown women with viable acting careers into gowns — Debra Messing, Cameron Diaz — she is known more generally for forging a look of girlish vacancy, one that says: “I get up at noon. And then I spend my day refusing solid foods.”
A Starbucks cup is essential to the entire gestalt. If you have seen Mary-Kate Olsen, then you can envision Rachel Zoe. The look conveys idleness, and its uncanny effect has been to make people who don’t do anything famous for doing nothing. Styling celebrities in her own strung-out ’70s glam style — Grecian tops over lean trousers, boxy miniskirts, visible clavicles, bug-eyed sunglasses, heavy gold necklaces, big rings — Ms. Zoe has landed her clients on the pages of magazines like Us with an impressive regularity.
It was her foresight to notice that tabloids had pages to fill and couldn’t always do that with photos of Angelina Jolie on her way to an orphanage. It is largely because of her that the name Nicole Richie is more familiar than the name Nicolas Sarkozy. The stylist is Frankenstein; all the world’s Lindsay Lohans are her Creature.
Given that Ms. Zoe is already a pox on humanity — exploiting an aesthetic of dissipation, invading our collective consciousness and spraying it with dummy dust — it is amazing that “The Rachel Zoe Project,” which focuses on her career, manages to send its audience deeper into the territory of smug NPR obsessives who won’t stop ranting about triviality’s conquest of the American soul. First I hated the show for passing Ms. Zoe off as an innovator when all she does is recycle a look that has held appeal since Tom Ford’s days at Gucci. Then I hated it for turning me into Max von Sydow in “Hannah and Her Sisters,” a cranky old person hungering for anachronisms.
How I cling to my memories of Diana Vreeland. Ms. Zoe replaces the fashion personality’s eccentricity with perpetual dissatisfaction. She gets upset at an underling when rain water threatens to seep into her storage closet. She wants new pieces of furniture for her stark, modern Los Angeles house, even though she decorated it just two years ago.
“I love our furniture,” she tells her husband, Rodger, “but we’ve had it for a while.”
His hesitation doesn’t stop her. She charges ahead and buys an expensive credenza and a new sofa that looks exactly like her old sofa. “I don’t understand saving for the rainy day,” she says. “Live now. Live every day like it’s your last day.” Her whim isn’t really driven by an inspiration for change: She wants furniture that she hopes will better brand her for a photo shoot for the British edition of Elle Decor.
When Ms. Zoe isn’t talking about brand expansion — “I want to do my own clothing line. I want to do denim, obviously sunglasses, jewelry and bags”— she is expanding her own wardrobe. At Decades, a well-known vintage store in Los Angeles, she picks up another Hermès Birkin bag. One of her assistants tries to dissuade her: “You collect art. You don’t collect Birkin.”
“The Real Housewives of Orange County” has led the recent wave of reality programming about mad consumption. But it’s a genre that feels downright unseemly as investment banks are dissolving, and unemployment stands at more than 6 percent. It isn’t merely that “Rachel Zoe” lumbers along, asking us to get excited about a corporate work in progress — it’s also that the timing couldn’t be nuttier.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/16/ar...gewanted=print

19-09-2008
backstage pass

Brad is so adorable. I love hime, in a very nonstalker creepy way; I would go to LA to ask him out. Oh my god I have such a crush on him!

19-09-2008
V.I.P.

The article pinpointed Zoe's style on the bulls-eye.

But satisfaction brought it back

19-09-2008
fashion insider

Thge person that posted the vids on youtube got suspended, so im hoping someone else
will download the new episode

19-09-2008
windowshopping

Did anybody else figure out that Brad has an acting background? Yeah, I googled him. I'm always sketchy with reality shows, such as this, who have people with acting history. It almost ruins it for me.

Whatever, he is way cute, and I love his glasses! I want to get a pair like that, but we already share a similar hairstyle and I'm afraid people would think I'm a copy cat..

19-09-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick14 View Post
Brad is so adorable. I love hime, in a very nonstalker creepy way; I would go to LA to ask him out. Oh my god I have such a crush on him!
Whoa, buddy. Back off.

20-09-2008
Ère de ℳodernité

i've seen a pic of Rachel photographed with Nicole and Brad in 2006..I wonder if they're not fooling us...

20-09-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3Thefrenchy View Post
i've seen a pic of Rachel photographed with Nicole and Brad in 2006..I wonder if they're not fooling us...
I wouldn't be surprised if they had a history of being friends. Probably how he got the job so easily, under a year.

20-09-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retailqueen View Post
Thge person that posted the vids on youtube got suspended, so im hoping someone else
will download the new episode
Oh so that's what happened. I was wondering about that. Ugh, someone PLEASE upload it somewhere.

20-09-2008
we could have had it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallItTreason View Post
I'm kind of afraid I'll start saying "I'd die."

I caught myself doing it today. So embarrassing

21-09-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3Thefrenchy View Post
I think he had been friends with her for awhile and when she had an opening he got on aboard. Although I think part of him being hired was for the show since she maybe thought she needed a token gay guy.

21-09-2008
windowshopping

you can watch the episodes here:
http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/t...e_Project.html

21-09-2008
backstage pass

thank you so much baudroie!!!

21-09-2008
V.I.P.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE LINK!!!! you made my day! KARMA

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »