How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2010
V.I.P.

Remember Me
I just saw the preview for this movie starring Robert Pattinson and Emilie de Ravin and now I really want to see it. A friend of mine told me it's supposed to have a surprising ending so I might just go watch it when it comes out next week.

08-03-2010
V.I.P.

the movie seems good but it's a shame emilie de ravin has the main female part, she's annoying and not a good actress IMO

08-03-2010
V.I.P.

I did read about the end...maybe because of that I need to see it even tough I am not so excited about it. My Robobsession is gone and Emilie is not my favourite. she was so annoying in Roswell *hahha*

trendsetter

As long as Emile doesn't scream 'MAH BAAAYBEEEE!!!' in the movie at the top of her lungs she should be less annoying to watch .

10-03-2010
V.I.P.

^hahaha for sure. She didn't look too bad in the previews. I really want to watch it to see what the ending. Oh and because of mister 007

12-03-2010
V.I.P.

thanks to certain ppl at LJ who don't know how to whiten their spoilers i found out about the ending a month ago and it did ruined the thing for me.going to watch it, but still.

fashion elite

i found 2 reviews about the movie and both are saying that the movie is really baaad

i posted the newyorkpost-review here:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f50...-97037-20.html

here is another review from cutprintreview:

Quote:
Remember Me (Review)
totally forgettable

Remember Me (2010)

Release Date: 11/03/2010

Cast:
Caitlyn Rund
Moisés Acevedo
Noel Rodriguez
Kevin P. McCarthy
Chris Cooper
Robert Pattinson

Something unexpected happened around the half hour mark of the ho-hum romantic drama Remember Me. No, the film didn’t start to improve. Don’t be silly. Rather, I realised that leading man Robert Pattinson – or RPattz as his legions of adoring Twilight fans call him – was in the middle of doing something many critics said he wasn’t capable of. Yes, he was acting. And doing a pretty darn good job of it too.

However, aside from allowing Pattinson a chance to flex his acting chops, Remember Me isn’t good for much else. It sits awkwardly between the heavy drama and teen romance genres, and much like a misunderstood teenager, it isn’t sure where it belongs, ultimately alienating itself from both.

With an uncanny resemblance to James Dean, Pattinson portrays angst-ridden Tyler Hawkins, a 21-year-old Brooklyn boy with daddy issues. Still cut from by the loss of his older brother years before, Tyler channels his anger toward his father Charles (Pierce Brosnan), a successful businessman who places family a distant second. After a clash with a jaded police detective (Chris Cooper) lands him in jail for the night, Tyler’s best friend Aidan (Tate Ellington) suggests he enact his revenge by wooing the officer’s daughter Ally (Emilie de Ravin). However, the two find comfort in each other’s company and eventually fall in love, causing Tyler to bury the truth behind their supposed ‘chance’ encounter.

As implied by the film’s tag-line ‘Live Life in the Moment’, screenwriter Will Fetters has scribed a story about appreciating the little things. That’s fine, but did those little things all have to be this mundane? While the dialogue flows naturally, most of the drama in Remember Me lacks any real weight of consequence, haphazardly strung together by director Allen Coulter (Hollywoodland) without much consideration for dramatic tension. If it wasn’t for Marcelo Zarvos’ poignant score, I wouldn’t have known at any given time what emotion I was supposed to be feeling.

With Remember Me predominantly appealing to starry-eyed teenage girls, it doesn’t help that the romance between Tyler and Ally is criminally underwritten. The two barely get a chance to share sob stories before they’re in each other’s pants. I guess when you’re the adored star of Twilight, girls don’t put up much of a fight. Nevertheless, the credibility of their relationship suffers as a result, which seems more interested in giving Pattinson and De Ravin an excuse to show off some skin than develop in any kind of meaningful way.

2010 remember me 0031 e1267717781501 600x256 Remember Me (Review)

De Ravin, let down by the two dimensional nature of her character, leaves little impression as Ally, which is a shame because the 28-year-old Lost star has talent. With a far meatier role, Pattinson crafts a likable character out of Tyler, handling each emotional shift far more convincingly than he ever did as Edward in Twilight. He goes head to head with acting veterans Chris Cooper and Pierce Brosnan and surprisingly comes out on top, proving he’s more than just a pretty face. In fact, the only time he is truly outshone is during his scenes with the tremendously talented 11-year-old actress Ruby Jerins, who plays Tyler’s younger sister Caroline. Their touching relationship is easily the highlight of an otherwise unremarkable film.

And that’s the cruel irony here; Remember Me is totally forgettable. It knows it, too. That’s why it features a shock ending that arrives like a sharp stab in the back, a desperate act to bleed emotion out of the audience in the most shameless of ways. If it is to be remembered, it’ll be for all the wrong reasons.

V.I.P.

interesting how they point out the fact about "not getting into development of ally/tyler relationship". rob said that there was a lot of it and that, due to summit's wish to make it PG-13 they cut it all out, which made it the way this review has been describing it (rob said exact thing about this getting into bed asap, exact).

glad that no one said (thus the reviews i read so far) anything bad about rob's acting.

fashion elite

^well unfortunately i wouldn't call that this description from the ny-post a compliment:

Quote:
In the wobbly "Ordinary People" retread "Remember Me," RPattz does stake his claim to be compared to a famous actor: Hayden Christensen.

OK, he isn't that bad (who is?). But as a brooding NYU student haunted by the suicide of his older brother, "Twilight" star Pattinson is ingratiating when he's supposed to be tormented, vexed when he's supposed to be volcanic

V.I.P.

Oh wow harsh reviews.

12-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
^well unfortunately i wouldn't call that this description from the ny-post a compliment:
oh wow. that's a first one calling him bad i've read so far.

trendsetter

Thanks for the "bad" reviews I've actually read some really positive reviews for this movie (quite a few of them as well). Will need to dig them up and post them.

Last edited by funkystar; 12-03-2010 at 07:11 PM.
24-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
thanks to certain ppl at LJ who don't know how to whiten their spoilers i found out about the ending a month ago and it did ruined the thing for me.going to watch it, but still.
My friend's sister lives in Greece, she saw it, she told her sister and her sister called me this morning.
She was so excited and begged me to donwload the movie, and she also told me the ending.
I closed the phone to her face... I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW!!!!!

24-03-2010
V.I.P.

argh. so sorry, Dora.
...from what i've been hearing it doesn't ruin the experience all that much, if that helps?

anyway, going to watch it this friday in the cinema..

trendsetter

I just started watching a copy of it and closed it down after 5 minutes!
I need to see Rob in the comfort of my very uncomfortable cinema seat lol.

I've got to wait until next Friday. Can't wait though

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
remember