How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-05-2011
backstage pass

Aww, yes, Angelina should do a third Tomb Raider , but she's so tiny and frail looking these days (people even complained about Salt), even more so than Megan, it would be cool to see her get back in the role though! Beyond cool! I'd probably get overexcited and jump up and down in the cinema...

29-05-2011
V.I.P.

I would like to see Nicholas Hoult and Eddie Redmayne play brothers in a war film directed by Clint Eastwood or Alfonso Cuaron.

I also want to see Tim Burton do something non-fantasy like a cop drama or a film similar to Little Children.
Also, when David Yates wraps Potter, it would be nice to see him get back to his State of Play roots and do another Political drama or courtroom drama.

29-05-2011
trendsetter

One of the biggest missed opportunities ever, if you ask me, is that nobody decided to remake Gatsby while Brad Pitt was the perfect age. As much as I adore Baz Lurhman I'm really not on board with Leo doing it at all.

02-06-2011
V.I.P.

Apparently, Martin Scorsese will be adapting Elizabeth Taylor's book about her and Richard Burton.

I would love to see Rachel Weisz or Marion Cotillard play Elizabeth.

02-06-2011
fashion icon

^I second Marion Cotillard to play Elizabeth. Now that would be an Oscar winning role for sure!

Also I was thinking that Drew Berrymore would be interesting to see in a film from the victorian or elizabethian era's. As far as I can recollect she's never done such a film. I think she needs to take on more serious roles instead of romantic comedies. She showed she can take on more dynamic roles in Whip It and Grey Gardens so she needs to keep it coming!

trendsetter

I would have thought Rachel Weisz could be made to look more like Elizabeth but Marion is quite a chameleon that until you got into hair and make up you'd never know. Both would give great performances tough I'm sure.

The only 'period' thing I have any recollection of Drew Barrymore doing is Ever After.

09-06-2011
front row

well... this is not about actors playing a role but I would have loved to watch a Harry Potter film directed by Terry Gilliam, that would be interesting

10-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMouse View Post
well... this is not about actors playing a role but I would have loved to watch a Harry Potter film directed by Terry Gilliam, that would be interesting
JK Rowling wanted him to direct one of the films as well.
He was her director of choice.
I think he was seriously considered for Prisoner of Azkaban, so was Guillermo del Toro,
but both of them had other projects, so it went to Alfonso Cuaron instead.

And I think it would be interesting to see a film version of "Into The Woods" by Tana French. I think it would make a great movie.
Also, I would love to see Emma Watson in a period drama. I think she would fit that time period well.

29-06-2011
fashion icon

Apparently their is a rumor floating around that they are going to make the book The Giver by Lois Lowry into a film. With Jeff Bridges. Now that's a role I could see him playing! As for who could play Jonas, I don't really know of any young boys around the age of 12, in Hollywood at the moment. Any one have suggestions?

V.I.P.

^Jeff Bridges would be great! It was announced a couple of years ago that Lois Lowry wanted David Yates to adapt The Giver, but that was right before he signed on to do the last two Potter films, so I'm not sure if he's still attached or not.

Suggestions for Jonas: Maybe Kodi Smit-McPhee or Joel Courtney? They both just turned 15, but can easily pass for 12 imo.
Or maybe Hero Tiffin Fiennes?

Kodi

Joel

Hero

zimbio

Last edited by sobriquet87; 29-06-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
roles