How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Caf / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2011
V.I.P.

Ah boo, I'll have to intern tomorrow (gladly, they have television and gonna put it on), then go to a birthday party and then celebrate Queens Night and then Queens Day. This thread will have like a hundred more pages by then.

28-04-2011
rising star

[quote=Ashcottmanor;9044499]Kate can't take the title Princess of Wales because it belongs to Camilla right now, although she does not use it. If William is titled Prince of Wales by his father then Kate will become Princess of Wales. But that isn't likely something Charles will do until he becomes King. Right now she she can have the Princess William Wales title. I think the Queen will style them a Duke and Duchess of something though.

The title part is all explained in the article in post 752. It explains all of it very well.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie View Post
The title part is all explained in the article in post 752. It explains all of it very well.
Right, it basically explained what I just said. Thanks anyway though!

I think Kate looked very nice at the rehearsal today. I don't know why there is so much black going on, weddings are happy. I would have liked to see more summer colors. I guess we will tomorrow or tonight...where ever you may be watching.

V.I.P.

that dress she wore for rehearsals today looked sooo old-fashioned, and i was shocked to discover that her MUM was much better dressed than her!!

28-04-2011
trendsetter

I just heard on Sky News that she will be styled as "Her Royal Highness Princess.........." after the wedding but I thought that she couldn't be styled as Princess Catherine or whatever because she wasn't born a Princess? . Even Diana was never called Princess Diana (when she was still alive) her Royal title was Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales and after her divorce it was Diana, Princess of Wales.

28-04-2011
trendsetter

They were just saying on BBc that she will be Princess William of Wales. The Queen may decide to bestow a Duke and Duchess title but apparently William wants to stay as Prince William, so it's up to the Queen to decide whether she is allowed to be Princess Catherine. If they do that it's will be seen as very forward.

She's been looking great in the recent candids. They were just showing footage of her outside the hotel and she looked glowing and relaxed! Can't wait to see the dress tomorrow, I have a feeling it will be very romantic, the idea of the foliage in the Abbey is very Primavera/Botticelli. Hair half up, half down maybe?

28-04-2011
rising star

[quote=Ashcottmanor;9045967]Right, it basically explained what I just said. Thanks anyway though!

No, you really is the other way around, you said what the article did but whatever.

I really like the new official photo. Prince William and his big grin

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
^ Yes, I agree. Which is why a lot of people think that Queen Lizzy might not offer Kate the "Princess of Wales" title, or that Kate will reject it given the opportunity (as did Camilla).

It will be interesting on what will happen.

I sure can see why Camilla turned it down because being the 2nd wife but if it was offered to Kate, it think it would be so different, she is not the wife of Charles but the wife of his son. IMO it would be touching to have the title of William's mother. But I don't think that will happen (right now anyways) as Prince Charles still has the title and is 1st in line to be King.

tfs star

She looks SO happy, but she must be so nervous! I feel for her.

dailymail

She has worn this dress before. In candids from a few years ago and to Laura Fellowes' wedding

28-04-2011
Rhoda Addict

cannot wait!!!!! Pre dinner is being very interesting Prince Albert of Monaco arrived after the Queen!!

28-04-2011
trendsetter

Sarah Burton has reportedly been seen going in to the Goring Hotel. But might just be hype & hysteria!

28-04-2011
V.I.P.

You know, it wouldn't shock me if Sarah Burton made a dress for her.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
Sarah Burton has reportedly been seen going in to the Goring Hotel. But might just be hype & hysteria!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-designer.html

28-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianS View Post
I will be up at 4am!
Oh noes!

28-04-2011
tfs star

Sarah Burton was seen arriving at the Goring earlier this evening; looks like it's going to a McQueen after all!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
royal, wedding