How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2011
V.I.P.

This better be a great dress.

28-04-2011
V.I.P.

serbian press is all over this... and the press is proud that our royal family is attending (though we are not sure if our royals can speak serbian lol)

28-04-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
This better be a great dress.
It's Sarah Burton for McQueen, she can do no wrong. I am so relieved seriously, so relieved because Kate Middleton got a very questionable sense of style. And with Letizia, Mozah, Rania and Beckham around it'd have been sad if she chose something for a 50 years old girl.. Thanks God for McQueen, I can go to sleep now

28-04-2011
trendsetter

ivory, sleeves, lace and ruffles

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*
28-04-2011
trendsetter

Seems like the bridesmaid dresses are Nicki MacFarlane (never heard of her)
Source : HuffPost

And William is going to wear some Irish's stuff. Too bad I wish he'd have worn something closer to the Sandhurst's uniform
Source : People

I can't believe I have the royal fever

28-04-2011
oh! darling

Quote:
Believe it, baby. It's not often you get a wedding like this every lifetime.

GRR! Tried to check Nicki Macfarlane's website but it's down. OVERLOAD.

front row

I hope this hasn't been posted yet but y'all gotta check this Kate Middleton for the Win site out:

http://katemiddletonforthewin.tumblr.com/

It's a good way to pass the time until 4am.

I laughed so hard at some of them I'm sure I can't have kids anymore.

This is my favorite:

http://katemiddletonforthewin.tumblr...ost/4806201221

28-04-2011
trendsetter

Some oldies from good ol Kate! Those are hilarious

My Favorite so far

Last edited by dennab216; 28-04-2011 at 09:31 PM.
28-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammarra View Post
I hear you, when I first saw the announcement I thought 'what kind of people will be watching this crap?'.. but too much anticipation, an overdose of television and I'm staying up from 1 to 5 am just for this.

Kate's been looking lovely by the way .. she's just glowing such positive energy. I'm pretty indifferent to her level of interest in fashion, I like how simple she is, she doesn't look like someone that wants to capture even more attention than the one she already gets and I find that relieving, especially in the current culture where everyone wants to find their special 'quirk' (which is often synonymous of 'quirky wardrobe') and be memorable because of that.
I don't really care for royalty anyway, but I like her.

Kind of bittersweet to read Sarah's making her dress.. not that I would've wanted any other British designer to do it but I can't help to imagine how incredible it must've been if Alexander himself had been behind the task.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
I hear you, when I first saw the announcement I thought 'what kind of people will be watching this crap?'.. but too much anticipation, an overdose of television and I'm staying up from 1 to 5 am just for this.
I am doing the opposite. I'll probably stay awake until 6am and then off to bed and wake up just in time (so I won't have to wait around )

Quote:
Kate's been looking lovely by the way .. she's just glowing such positive energy.
Exactly. Since her engagement she has handle everything with such poise and calm. I mean no one could tell if she is uncomfortable or nervous. She has a firm reign on her emotion and the only thing we can see is a woman who is finally marrying the man of her dream (after 8 years!) I feel a bit privileged to be able to see this. She is glowing, smiling all the time and it's quite nice to have something positive to look forward too with all the crap going on around the world those days.. She is in her own bubble and it's very endearing

Quote:
I'm pretty indifferent to her level of interest in fashion, I like how simple she is, she doesn't look like someone that wants to capture even more attention than the one she already gets and I find that relieving, especially in the current culture where everyone wants to find their special 'quirk' (which is often synonymous of 'quirky wardrobe') and be memorable because of that.
I don't really care for royalty anyway, but I like her.
She hasn't always been that way. There was a time when she was constantly caught by paparrazi in and out of nightclubs and on holidays with her trademark mini skirts. Now she dresses quite boringly/conservatively, even way more than before. I am not her biggest fan at all but I am happy to see someone happy (don't know if it makes much sense)

Only a few hours left !!

Quote:
Kind of bittersweet to read Sarah's making her dress.. not that I would've wanted any other British designer to do it but I can't help to imagine how incredible it must've been if Alexander himself had been behind the task.
Oh I know..but at least she'll be in good hands. I don't think she can do wrong with McQueen even if it's more Burton than McQueen, at least we'll have the spirit Prince Harry's girlfriend is wearing Alberta Ferretti, the sketches of the dresses (evening and day) have been released.

28-04-2011
oh! darling

Can anyone clear up the time that the wedding will air in the US? It is supposedly 4 am Eastern and then 6 am is when the ceremony begins. I'm not waking up earlier than I have to.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianS View Post
my sisters and some friends are coming over. We are going to have mimosas and wear spectacular hats. It will be super corny and lots of fun!
I can always take a nap afterwards.
Sounds awesome

28-04-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
Can anyone clear up the time that the wedding will air in the US? It is supposedly 4 am Eastern and then 6 am is when the ceremony begins. I'm not waking up earlier than I have to.
4AM is when the guests should start arriving. You're correct; the ceremony isn't supposed to start until 6AM.

28-04-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueElle Addict View Post
I'll see in live :p
Me too!
I originally have to work today but I turned my boss down just to stay at home.. isn't that too much?

I think I'm just as excited as the pair right now since the broadcast starts in just 3 hours here

Making a Mess

So excited to hear that Sarah Burton is behind the dress. Now I'm confident that it will be stunning!

I don't think I am going to stay up but I will definitely be recording it. Cannot wait to see all the photos when I wake up tomorrow!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
royal, wedding