How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-08-2011
front row

RPGs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_video_game

I'm sure I'm not the only video game nerd on here!

So, who else spends a fair chunk of their time playing RPGs? Think Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, the Tales series, Chrono Trigger, Baten Kaitos, Disgaea, Persona... there are also some pretty big Western RPGs now, too (Knights of the Old Republic springs to mind).

Being a Nintendo gamer for the most part, I'm really looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles (it's out for the Wii this week in Europe, early next month here in Australia).

Anyway, feel free to share about which games in this genre you love/hate/are playing right now.

17-08-2011
tfs star

I have played FF, FFVII, FFVIII (my favorite), FFIX, FFX and Im about to finish FFXII. Yes I love RPG's, love to collect things and watch the set pieces, and the strategy that takes to defeat certain bosses, the care to raise your characters. They are without a doubt one of my favorite genres after Fighting and Sports games.

Ahh I love Pokemon too.

Mr. Magic

I'm a huge fan since the first day I encountered console game. But I can't bother with nowadays RPG. The golden age of RPG is already over.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15

18-08-2011
front row

Aaah, I love the Final Fantasy games! I've only finished VII and VIII but I've seen my boyfriend playing X recently. Nobuo Uematsu always delivers the most stunning soundtracks. <3

18-08-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
I'm a huge fan since the first day I encountered console game. But I can't bother with nowadays RPG. The golden age of RPG is already over.
It's Microsoft's fault, they started this trend of RPG-FPS that I hate. Now that you mention "golden age" I remember I've played Golden Sun for GBA too.

Yes Nobuo makes amazing pieces, too bad he isn't with Square Enix anymore as well as Sakaguchi.

Mr. Magic

Aha Golden Age. The first one was a walk in the park but I can't get through the sequel when you're on the sea with strong current.

I'd literally die if designers use game soundstrack on their runway. I'm still waiting for that day though, some of them are very runway appropriate

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)

21-08-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
I'd literally die if designers use game soundstrack on their runway. I'm still waiting for that day though, some of them are very runway appropriate
When I read this, the first song that came into my mind was this.

Source: sockandrock channel.

front row

Final Fantasy XII is my favorite of the FF games. I haven't played it in a long time, but back in the day, I put over one-hundred forty hours in to it. FFX was one of my favorite games until I played it through for the third time. I suppose that it took me three play-throughs for me to look past how good the battle system is to fully see that the story and characters are awful. I also own FFVIII, but I stopped playing it after fifteen minutes because the entire battle system sucks and the story is just dumb. I also briefly played FFVII, which is obscenely overrated, but not really a horrible game. And, last and certainly least, is FFXIII. That game is possibly the worst video game I've ever played. The story is nonsensical and the characters are annoying, but that can be overlooked if the battle system is good and the game is fun to play, but this game doesn't have any of that. The battle system is so dumbed down that you can quite literally play the game with one hand; you could read a book while playing this game and not be at any disadvantage. The problem is that it has a freaking auto-battle option! Seriously! If you don't want to go to the trouble of actually formulating a strategy and looking for the best way to win, you can just press the auto-battle button and the game will select the most effective attacks for you! It requires no effort and is thoroughly boring and uninteresting.

Mr. Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by japoelflaco View Post
When I read this, the first song that came into my mind was this.
Source: sockandrock channel.
I can see Derek Lam use it.

This Fall 2011 soundtrack is soooo RPG material, don't you think?

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
rpgs