How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-05-2013
fashion insider

If you like Jinkx, check out her Drag Becomes Him clips on YT. Very good stuff. There's 4 clips. Here's the first one

08-05-2013
V.I.P.

^ thanks for that, eugenius. Jinky was definitely my favorite thought the whole season when most of the queens were forgettable.

15-08-2013
fashion insider

Carmen Carrera/W Magazine/Sept '13
http://www.wmagazine.com/fashion/fea...aphical-essay/

13-03-2014
V.I.P.

Anyone watching Season 6? The show is 3 episodes in.

Contestants at link:
http://www.logotv.com/shows/rupauls_...6/series.jhtml

24-03-2014
front row

Lumpy Space Princess

24-03-2014
fashion insider

Of course I'm watching. I think it's the best season so far.

Stay: Ben, Bianca, Courtney.
Go: LaGanja, Adore, Gia.

25-03-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post
Of course I'm watching. I think it's the best season so far.

Stay: Ben, Bianca, Courtney.
Go: LaGanja, Adore, Gia.
I actually love Adore and Gia lol. Besides those two, I adore Ben, Bianca (I think she deserves to win. Her comebacks are PERFECTION), Courtney (she's so damn pretty it's not fair), and Joselyn (she's absolutely adorable and so sweet!). I'm so damn frustrated Gia left. I know, she was so horrible and mean spirited to a lot of the girls but I loved that she was the fishiest out of the bunch and I just felt like she had some tricks up her sleeve but alas she's gone . Tbh, I think Trinity should've been in the bottom with Laganga (homegurl is ANNOYING).

p.s. Milk is so fine outside of drag

front row

Here's some comparisons I wrote about on Tumblr:
"but i see parallels in rpdr seasons 3 and 6

lumpy space princess- raja (going very far because they were on reality tv)

gia - mariah (betch)

joslyn - carmen, but a butch version

magnolia - phoenix (**** on a plate, i liked venus d lite but hated phoenix)

darienne - delta (fat girl)

edit: april - alexis (boooring puerto rican whom i did not get)"

and:
"i think i am a bad philosopher
this is the worst comparison ever but i think that joslyn fox out of drag [when she says no i’m the star during the snatch the rusical rehearsals] reminds me of dipsy from the teletubbies because when i was younger i thought dipsy was a girl and po was a boy.*

it’s kinda odd that it isn’t tinky winky. tinky winky reminds me of milk"

Also, I have a Drag Race stanning/tiering wallpaper that I made myself [you can look in the what's on your computer thread - I also did some for a few ANTM cycles, BNTM 6 and RPDR 3) and I'm going to swap Joslyn with Laganja in the ****-tier section. I thought Joslyn was going to be filler... but she's so cuuute!

26-03-2014
tfs star

it's weird because a few of the girls who gave me a good first impression has, as the episodes go on and we get to know the girls more, really annoyed me (most notably laganja), while a few of the girls who didn't give me a good first impression i have come to really enjoy and root for (mostly bianca and joslyn).

love ben and courtney! i find adore almost as annoying as laganja and gia until the most recent episode with snatch game. i think i just really really don't like the way she talks.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
I actually love Adore and Gia lol. Besides those two, I adore Ben, Bianca (I think she deserves to win. Her comebacks are PERFECTION), Courtney (she's so damn pretty it's not fair), and Joselyn (she's absolutely adorable and so sweet!). I'm so damn frustrated Gia left. I know, she was so horrible and mean spirited to a lot of the girls but I loved that she was the fishiest out of the bunch and I just felt like she had some tricks up her sleeve but alas she's gone . Tbh, I think Trinity should've been in the bottom with Laganga (homegurl is ANNOYING).

p.s. Milk is so fine outside of drag
I have no clue why Gia would go on the show, knowing that there'd be Snatch Game (celebrity impressions), and be completely unprepared. I didn't see Kim K. in any of her impression at all. And, as her lip sync proved, her performance skills are quite lackluster.

Trinity is good, and I hope she'll go far. Her hair, make-up and clothes are well-done, and her lip-sync was on point. That's enough for me. And kudos to her for trying to use her big revelation as a way to help others

LaGanja (whom Bianca so hilariously referred to as Weeping Willow) repeatedly shows she lacks, in my opinion, the most important tool everybody needs in every competition: CONFIDENCE. Nobody really wants to see a big ole cry-baby win the title. And that back drop is probably her only good move.

Is it me, or does Milk's style says "NYC club-kid" more than ViVacious?

Last edited by eugenius; 30-03-2014 at 08:19 PM.
30-03-2014
fashion insider

Oh, and avclub.com started covering Drag Race too. Really good reviews:

http://www.avclub.com/tv/rupauls-drag-race/

05-06-2014
fashion insider

The Best Of Bianca Del Rio!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
drag, logo, race, rupaul