How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-06-2010
V.I.P.

Scream 1-4
Now that Scre4m is finally in production, I thought it would be great to discuss the franchise, as well as the upcoming film!

Quite a lot of pictures have already surfaced on the internet already.

Wes, Neve, Hayden, Emma and Marielle: http://twitpic.com/photos/Scream4themovie

David Arquette:
http://twitpic.com/2116b4

http://twitpic.com/2116kz

http://twitpic.com/2116rk

29-06-2010
V.I.P.

Thanks for starting the thread, I also love the Scream movies. I used to find them scary as a child, but now I love them .

Literally can't wait for Scre4m, all this suspense is driving me crazy. I secretly wanna know what the story line is, but then I don't.
The photo on Twitter, of the script is like.. .

V.I.P.

Ooooh SO EXCITING!!!!
I remember being so scared when was little and watched those movies, they are soooo classic.

Cannot wate to see this new one. There is only one down side: HAYDEN PANETTIERE. I just cannot stand that girl and I am afraid she will destroy the movie. HAHAHA.
Glad to see those old ones back in action tough!

Hey, there was rumour that it will be 3D movie. I hope it is not true...

V.I.P.

I'm still scared of that mask.

30-06-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
Ooooh SO EXCITING!!!!
I remember being so scared when was little and watched those movies, they are soooo classic.

Cannot wate to see this new one. There is only one down side: HAYDEN PANETTIERE. I just cannot stand that girl and I am afraid she will destroy the movie. HAHAHA.
Glad to see those old ones back in action tough!

Hey, there was rumour that it will be 3D movie. I hope it is not true...
Hmm, at first I was a little sceptical, but Wes knows how get a good performance out of the actors in these films. I mean, take Jamie Kennedy. I don't think I have ever cared for any of his performances outside of Randy! That is the reason why the casting isn't such a crucial factor to me. I'm definitely not expecting Oscar-winning actors signing on to this flick. Sure, if they were to cast some robotic, wooden actor, dump them, but Hayden seems harmless to me from what I've seen (Heroes and Raising Helen).

Anyway, one of the cast members (Marielle Jaffe) implied that there is going to be a death scene on the school bus. That sounds exciting. I wonder how they'll pull it off.

V.I.P.

I love Scream. I was never really a fan of Scream 2 or 3 (can't even remember if I saw 3, tbh), but I was obsessed with the first film. I was a major horror buff. I saw it at the cinema on it's opening night.

I'm not really expecting much from this new film in the franchise; nothing will ever top the first.

Last edited by *Bianca*; 30-06-2010 at 08:35 AM.
30-06-2010
V.I.P.

^oh that first one was CLASSIC and i allways remember drew barrymore scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Hmm, at first I was a little sceptical, but Wes knows how get a good performance out of the actors in these films. I mean, take Jamie Kennedy. I don't think I have ever cared for any of his performances outside of Randy! That is the reason why the casting isn't such a crucial factor to me. I'm definitely not expecting Oscar-winning actors signing on to this flick. Sure, if they were to cast some robotic, wooden actor, dump them, but Hayden seems harmless to me from what I've seen (Heroes and Raising Helen).

Anyway, one of the cast members (Marielle Jaffe) implied that there is going to be a death scene on the school bus. That sounds exciting. I wonder how they'll pull it off.
oh yeah, it is only movie jamie kennedy is not annoying *hahha*
also matthew lillard was freaking scary, even when i saw him in scooby-do i was afraid of him and i won´t even start talk about skeet ulrich.
i trust wes, it is just that i have never ever liked hayden and i don´t wanna her to be in movies i am excited to see...how selfish.

I cannot wate!!!!

V.I.P.

GUESS WHAT!!!

Quote:
Adam Brody joins `Scream 4´ cast

Adam Brody is the latest actor to join the cast of Wes Craven’s Scream 4!
The 30-year-old actor will play “a cop recently graduated from college who was raised on the CSI TV series,” according to THX

Actors confirmed for the film are Scream vets Neve Campbell and Courtney Cox as well as Emma Roberts and Hayden Panettiere.

Also joining the cast are Marley Shelton (Grindhouse) and Erik Knudsen (Youth in Revolt).

justjared

After being little down about Hayden (hahah I know this is so silly) I am suuuuper excited about this new! his role sounds great.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

OMG Scream was such a huge part of my high school years That mask scared the absolute sh-t out of me for years!

03-07-2010
V.I.P.

more scream not so happy news this time perezhilton

Quote:

We could tell that there were some creative conflicts, but this is terrible, terrible news.
Kevin Williamson has reportedly dropped out of production of Scream 4, and is being replaced by the writer who nearly killed the series with his ****eous Scream 3, Ehren Kruger.

We don't care that he wrote The Ring - let's be real, even Parker Posey and Jenny McCarthy couldn't save the third movie!

Apparently, Williamson is said to no longer have any involvement in the series, and the changes being made with the script is what's causing the actors to drop out.

According to sources, Lauren Graham's character was originally "a fun role. Not big, but it had some meaty scenes." In Kruger's revision, "the part was reduced. She had like four lines."

The deputy sheriff role, originally given to Lake Bell, has also been cut dramatically, and even Hayden-Pain-In-the-*** is "beyond frustrated with the changes" because her character "used to be really sharp" but is now "dumbed down significantly".

Another source explains:
"The script changes have put a real strain on the cast. The original 'Scream' cast members aren't happy with the way that things are happening, so it's probably a good thing that [Graham] dropped out before things get messy."
And it appears that even poor director Wes Craven is frustrated - he just took to his Twitter to write:
I have not been given control of the script. #SCREAM4
Sounds to us like the studio got involved and took everything great about this movie and completely fu**ed it up.

We hope the studio execs get their heads out of their *** and just let Wes and company do what they do best, before this entire project implodes in on itself!

Get on your hands and knees and beg Kevin Williamson back - NOW!
Thoughts??
WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!?!

I am screaming NOOOOO at the moment
3rd scream was the worst so this is not happy news.

V.I.P.

I love the Scream movies! I was 10 years old when the first one came out but I was allowed to watch it because I was such a huge fan of Neve Campbell (I had a major girl crush on her ) and Courteney Cox and I loved the movie so much. I liked all the other teen horror movies that followed (I Know What You Did Last Summer, Faculty, etc), but Scream always remained my favorite. And I actually loved all three parts equally.

I can't wait for the new one. I'm glad the original cast is in it but think the new additions sound pretty good as well.

Don't know what to think about the article above. What's the source of this news anyway? Just seems a bit odd to me.

03-07-2010
V.I.P.

^Yes, scream was allways #1. even tough i watched every single [teen] scary movie none of them could beat scream.
i was also so very young when i watched first scream, i was actually watching it secretly *hahah* sneaky.

yeah, that news is bit odd, because they are filming the movie. why on earth change script? and writer? it just makes no sense.

place your body here

I loved Scream, but I didn't like any of the other films. I'm still excited for Scream 4 though!!

V.I.P.

^Not even Scream 2? Rarely do horror sequels work as well as that film did. It felt like an extension from the first film, which I thought was great. It felt like it was already planned. It's a shame the writer Kevin Williamson is not going to be on set for the rewrites because he cares more about the crappy The Vampire Diaries. They've given that job to the man who wrote Scream 3, who was OK, but it's just not the same without Williamson.

place your body here

^ I thought Scream 2 was alright, but not as good as the first one to me :p

Last edited by Over the Sea; 04-07-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
14, scream