How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-08-2005
trendsetter

Sex and the City
is it just me or does sex and the city irritating?

carrie and her stupid antics with big and the other guy... gosh i forgot his name

the really nice one. ungh.

she should've stayed with him but she ends up with big.

i think there's something seriously wrong with that.

and sarah jessica parker really irritates me. she seems fake. but i still like her style but i dont understand why people like her and call her america's sweetheart.

i don't think you're worth a second glance.

17-08-2005
V.I.P.

I never saw a single episode of that show. once i was ashamed, now i'm sort of proud. but it's actually shameful cause i should be getting cable or something at this point.

front row

I do find it irritating because the writers try to make Carrie out to be the ultimate in urban sophistication and independence, when she is clearly lacking in open-mindedness (she has the attitude that everything off the island of Manhattan is to be looked down on) and is very immature and irresponsible about how she deals with her personal life (we all have weak moments, but the problem is that Carrie thinks her immaturity and irresponsibility--financial, personal, with friends, with men--make her cool and whimsical).

Last edited by Sunkist; 17-08-2005 at 05:23 PM.
17-08-2005
trendsetter

totally agreed with you sunkist,

she is soooo immature. it's like GROW UP. gosh. i don't understand why people like her at all.

and sjp is UGLY.

and it's so unrealistic that she has such a nice apartment after all the manolos and everything else she buys...

i personally think that since SJP is the executive producer and stuff, she actually thinks the role of carrie is charming and very much like her own personality...

probably SJP is like that so ergh...

17-08-2005
être ton cygne noir

I only started watching the show this year, really, and I find it pretty enjoyable (although overrated). I don't like Carrie or Charlotte much (I agree with what you girls are saying about her closed mindedness), but I find Samantha and Miranda to be hilarious. It's not a favourite of mine, but I'll watch it occasionally.

Last edited by Cosette; 17-08-2005 at 06:36 PM.
17-08-2005
trendsetter

yeah i totally agree...

gosh im so stupid i just unsubscribed to my own thread.

17-08-2005
fashion elite

I started watching Sex and the City two years ago, i got all six seasons...my sister hates it but she loves friends...I tell her its like friends but with girlie stuff...she says its more like a sex talk show...But I like sex and the city because it shows New York to international viewers and it conveys women trouble and you do find ppl like Charlotte around...( Rasies her hands shyly, yeah i am conservative and you can call that being close minded and tradtional...but thats the way i was raised) style wise i love carrie's outfits and her hialorious talks about shopping...But i sometimes find it a bit werid because a women in my country when she is in her 30's she has a family and a carreer...But its enjoyable to understand the women's trouble in other countries even if its conveyed in an exagertted form with a touch of comic...

17-08-2005
trendsetter

i think sex and the city doesn't convey an accurate portrayal of american women...

because all american women aren't so annoying and so complicated like that.

we don't have that much drama...

dulci, i'm a new yorker and all new yorkers aren't like that. i think sex and the city is a bad portrayal of us.

17-08-2005
tfs star

aw! I love sex and the city =) i dont realli think it has all that much relavence to actual women of today,but hey its a Tv show, How many do ?
It send across a message of strong friendship and dealing with yourself and who you are not just sex thats what i loveee how Carrie Miranda Charlotte and sam are all such good friends yet there all so different ..but this is just little old mes opinion =P hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by purexelegance
totally agreed with you sunkist,

she is soooo immature. it's like GROW UP. gosh. i don't understand why people like her at all.

and sjp is UGLY.

and it's so unrealistic that she has such a nice apartment after all the manolos and everything else she buys...

i personally think that since SJP is the executive producer and stuff, she actually thinks the role of carrie is charming and very much like her own personality...

probably SJP is like that so ergh...
yeah, carrie's attitudes in the show were sometime so stuck-up, unrealistic and sometimes even childish, she irritated me... she was the second least likeable character, after miranda, of course... sometimes the plots were like that too, but still i love it and i miss it dearly

Of too many minds

Well, I'll just look at Sex and City for what it is - just a TV show

I must admit that SJP's character acts a bit too cutesy for her age, but I really like the clothes she worn in the sixth (last) season, which imho, was the best stylistically

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
18-08-2005
front row

I loooved the show...started watching it when I was like 13 but I couldn't stand Carrie from about the 3rd season on. She went from actually talking to just OOOHing and AHHing all the time . and "me likey"?...oh god me BARFY

18-08-2005

^haha... too funny

fashion insider

She is somehow potrayed as the ideal modern woman who is capable of taking care of herself which clearlty cannot do. And with all the money she spends on Manolos, its a wonder she is nt broke and homeless. Its too unrealistic

V.I.P.

I loved it for the fashion esp in the 5th and 6th seasons. It was pretty funny here and there too. I didn't have a favourite character though. Probably a little bit of each.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
city, sex