How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-06-2009
backstage pass

I have a new Macbook and use it to play Sims 3, and at first it works really well, and is fast and everything.

But then a couple hours into playing, my cursor just disappears completely. So I quit the game and then my cursor re-appears right away.

So I have no idea what that's about...

12-06-2009
Geometric Discharge

A girl was playing Sims 3 on her laptop in the seat in front of me on the bus yesterday.

sniff.

13-06-2009
scenester

everyone in my neighbourhood already has it, but i dont haha. i hope i can grab it soon somewhere because i am sooo excited. i didnt play sims for a while now but i am sure as soon as i have the new game i will be stuck in front of my laptop for days again

13-06-2009
front row

i want to play it, but the sims 2 hasn't work on my computer (i has at first, but then it suddenly stopped), so I hope TS3 will work.

i know how i'm gonna spend my summer, if it works ;D

Fashion Designer

omg, i shouldnt have come here, im such a sims junkie. i havent tried it yet but ive been told its pretty similar to sims 2, graphics wise. i had sims one and then sims 2 with ALL the expansion packs, yes all of them. i trashed my computer so many times because of that. and stopped playing it because it was a serious addiction, like i skipped school a couple of times because of that, yeah. now i may have to get a new computer so i can play sims 3 lol

15-06-2009
trendsetter

I can't afford to buy it yet, but with all the of the Sims mania circulating since the 3rd game came out, it's inspired to re-install my Sims 2 and I love it!! Haha. My girl's already gotten married and had a baby. Yay

16-06-2009
backstage pass

Someone asked for some elaborations on the new features, so I'd thought I'd answer that. So sorry for being longwinded.

New features for the better in my opinion includes: the personality traits, which makes your sims more believable and personlike.
The neighborhood, which means that you can go anywhere in the neighbourhood (in your car/bicycle/on foot/taxi) and visit shops, neighbors and so on (no loading screens like in the previous sims, thank god!). Your friends and neighbors have lives on their own based on those personality traits and they basically manage themselves, get jobs, friends, age and so on. I find this really cool because the town lives by itself and seems very organic and alive.
The style editor in the build/buy menus give you a lot more freedom when it comes to designing. And objects now rotate 45 degrees! Awesome!

They've gotten rid of the option to build you own neighborhood from scratch, which I find a shame because I really liked that feature in the 2nd one.

I think overall it hasn't changed much graphically, although the new camera is cool and you can really view things from the sims angle and look over scenery which is very nice indeed. There are a lot of familiar things in the new sims. But they've definately improved the game, however I still find the time to be a HUGE issue, I mean I'm sitting like a monkey on a rock when they go to sleep or to work, waiting for them to wake up or come home. I really wished Maxis had added an option to make time go even faster than those 4 options.

But overall better than sims 2, not mindblowingly better in my opinion, but better. Sorry for the long post.

16-06-2009
Fashion Designer

oh thank you for the insight =) it seems the features are cool, it was annoying that everytime you wanted to go downtown or on vacation it loaded for ages every new time. i look forward to see how it is to interact with the neighbors since the last versions they where just tools to get promotions lol and the build tool yay! i want to see how much freedom we have to design our houses!

24-06-2009
fashion insider

I have a MAC and my cursor also dissappears..

24-06-2009
V.I.P.

OMG I didnt know there was a thread for this
I love the game..Im addicted my only complaint is that
Im going to miss all the downloaded options for clothes from the sims 2..
they used to wear V&R, Chanel, Dior, Alexander Wang, Herve Leger, and even had the Prada fairy bags..they dont have the body shop so my sims wont hav the luxury

24-06-2009
fashion insider

^I KNOW!
I wish they would make clothing straight from the runway that is available for download.
God and the hair choices kill me.
GIVE ME BALENCIAGA!

17-07-2009
V.I.P.

I'm addicted to the Sims 2. I need some new clothes and hairstyles to download.
Can anyone please tell me how to download them, so that they work in the game?
Or any good websites to download them from? Especially all the designer outfits TREVOFASHIONISTO.

V.I.P.

I'm not sure if I'll actually buy The Sims 3... I mean, I really love Sims 2 and have almost all of the add-ons for it so I don't know if I want to deinstall all of them.

But: I'm really curious about the downloads for clothes aswell

PrettySmileyStew ♥

i dont have sims 3 yet, but i wanna get it once i get my laptop.
maybe by then the price will go down a little
although, i dont mind spending 50$ on it

as for sims 2, does anyone know where to get awsome outfits and hairstyles ?
i got some off the sims2 offical site, but i want new stuff.
maybe even new cars since i have a few Fords now..

18-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
I'm addicted to the Sims 2. I need some new clothes and hairstyles to download.
Can anyone please tell me how to download them, so that they work in the game?
Or any good websites to download them from? Especially all the designer outfits TREVOFASHIONISTO.

im not sure how to download all files..but justsims2.ru has many designer clothing that Ive downloaded..a lot of the files are zip files so if you dont have the software for zip files you should look at this site it lets you know step by step
http://personal-computer-tutor.com/sims2/install.htm

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
sims