How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-03-2011
front row

I think it's worth watching. I liked the season finale and I'm hopeful they will improve this generation, next season! But I liked epi 3, so maybe I'm suspicious to answer that :p

04-04-2011
tfs star

I agree with Effy being overhyped, she was the most annoying character for me, ever Plus I don't see her beauty at all... and as for the clever part, the only smart thing I remember her doing was the way she got Sid and Cassie back together.

As for 3rd/4th generation, I quite enjoyed Pandora. She somehow didn't fit to show at all but was such a delight to watch. The twins were also interesting casting.

04-04-2011
backstage pass

loon3k3 I definitely think season 4 is worth watching although the ending is kind of bad...To me, the 2nd generation had the best actors : Cook, Katie, Freddie, J.J and Thomas were incredibly well played; especially Cook of course, Jack O'Connell is a terrific actor and just for his performance in his season 4 episode you should watch it. Effy, Pandora and Emily were also good, there's just Naomi that somehow I never liked, be it her character or the was she was played..

As regards season 5 it wasn't bad but just too predictable and boring for my liking, I just liked 3 episodes.

04-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Tofana View Post
I agree with Effy being overhyped, she was the most annoying character for me, ever Plus I don't see her beauty at all... and as for the clever part, the only smart thing I remember her doing was the way she got Sid and Cassie back together.

As for 3rd/4th generation, I quite enjoyed Pandora. She somehow didn't fit to show at all but was such a delight to watch. The twins were also interesting casting.
I like Pandora too. I think they could've done a lot more with her character.
Her little random bf, Thomas, was such a lame storyline.

I think my favorite characters are Naomi and Cook.

06-04-2011
scenester

Is anyone else completely crazy about the season 5 theme song? I'm obsessed! This is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJXn8cbaiqs

06-04-2011
front row

It hasn't always been the same? I really thought so! But I loooved the soundtrack for season 5. A lot of great songs

06-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meym View Post
Is anyone else completely crazy about the season 5 theme song? I'm obsessed! This is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJXn8cbaiqs

Yes I love it ! so much better than Season 4 theme

06-04-2011
V.I.P.

Is Series 5 good? I haven't even watched Series 4 yet, but I saw the cast for series 5 and they looked like an interesting lot.

08-04-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatriz View Post
It hasn't always been the same? I really thought so! But I loooved the soundtrack for season 5. A lot of great songs
Yeah they've changed it for each "generation". The first two were pretty similar, though, the one for generation three stands out a bit more. And I agree, the soundtrack's been great!

08-04-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
Is Series 5 good? I haven't even watched Series 4 yet, but I saw the cast for series 5 and they looked like an interesting lot.
I really liked season 5, the storylines weren't quite as good as for the previous seasons but I fell in love with nearly all the characters (mainly Nick, Mini and Alo)!

09-04-2011
front row

I liked season 5 too. It could've been stronger, but it was still a good time

09-04-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meym View Post
Yeah they've changed it for each "generation". The first two were pretty similar, though, the one for generation three stands out a bit more. And I agree, the soundtrack's been great!
Wow, how didn't I notice that?? I think I'm going to listen to all of them in a row, to see if I can tell the diferences

09-04-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Creator Of Skins Quits! What Will Happen To The Series?
Filed under: TV News > Sad Sad

Aw man! It will be a shame to see him go!

The future of the smash UK series Skins has gone into jeapordy now that it's been announced that series creator Jamie Brittain has called it quits, with a spokesman for the network Channel 4 revealing:

"Jamie has decided after five hit series to move on to write new projects and we wish him well. Skins is written by a team of young writers who are hard at work on the new series which is currently in pre-production."

And Brittain himself elaborates:

"I've just said everything I wanted to say. It's time for new writers to come forward and portray their truth about teenagers. I'm really sad to leave, but I'm confident that the writing and production team I've left behind will do an awesome job."

With him gone, as well as his co-cretor Bryan Elsley having left to work on the American remake, current assistant producer Toby Welch and script producer Neil Ducan have taken over running the next season, but if ratings don't improve, that could be the last!

We certainly hope not! Here's hoping that the new writers can breathe some fresh air into the series, and it will leave to see another generation of disillusioned teens!

What do U think?? Has Skins passed its prime?
perezhilton
aww man hope this doesn't mean skins has for good finally come to an end

V.I.P.

I doubt it will end. The creator probably just wants to move onto new things, which is understandable.

Considering they change the cast every two seasons, Skins could go on forever.
I don't think this will have a drastic change on the series. If anything, it may be a good thing.

10-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatriz View Post
haha I feel with you

Tags
skins